Wich one to choose, Brushless

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wich one to choose, Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Company Representative

The wires in the sensor harnesses for (at least) Novak, LRP, Orion and Peak Performance are designed to be a direct fit---needing no adapters.

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
are the LRP X11 4.5t motors a direct fit for the novak GTB speedo? will the sensor wires slap on without any added adapters or what have you?
Old 03-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Company Representative

The Novak Velociti 3.5T is legal for ROAR racing. The 3.5T was the first V series motor released with the sintered rotor, which--at that time--had not been ROAR approved.

Now that the sintered rotors have been approved, all of the current Novak Velociti (and SS Pro) motors have been upgraded with factory-installed, sintered rotors.

Originally Posted by or8ital
I dont see why the 3.5 wouldnt be legal. The motor approval just says Novak Velociti Motor and I dont see anything in the rules that would suggest it wouldnt be. Dunno...
Old 04-01-2007, 03:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

NovakTwo: thanks! i plan to try out the LRP X11 4.5t with my Novak GTB. good to hear they are a direct fit.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:13 AM
Tech Rookie

i wanna buy a 3.5t for my tt01 but do i need to buy any hop ups for the car to handle its power?
Old 04-19-2007, 03:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andy147
i wanna buy a 3.5t for my tt01 but do i need to buy any hop ups for the car to handle its power?
Best thing to do would be spend some money on a more capable car than the TT01, get one where the shaft isn't plastic, and is designed for powerful motors.

The 3.5 is a very powerful motor and the TT01 wasn't designed for it. The plastic dogbones will twist, the diffs would lose a lot of power etc etc.

The amound of $$$ you would need to make it suitable would be more than the cost of a new car.

Alternatively lost at least 1 or even 2 cells off the batteries and then it may work, although the torque will stil be very hard on the drivetrain