Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEAM BROOD RACING PRO STOCK MOTOR

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That number is a given. The associated Tranny is 2.50, The Xray has a 1.70 internal...so on and so forth. The info should be in the literature of the kit. If not you can google just about anything or ask anyone on here.... HOpe this helps and best of luck...getting late and I have some Sailfish to chase in the morning..

Butter
Old 03-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys, newbie to the superstock class. I just purchased a Monster pro tuned Brood Racing stock motor and was wondering if its ROAR legal.
What is the prefered roll-out for this motor, gear ratio if its easier.
Outdoor asphalt racing, with 35 shore Jaco foams. Over all track length about 180 meters with straight of about 90 meters. Hope this all helps
thanks in advance!.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

junkie: the monster stock pro and for the fact all of the stock brOOd motors are roar legal. in fact very few motor tuners in the US sell non-roar legal motors.

-Zac
Old 03-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
That number is a given. The associated Tranny is 2.50, The Xray has a 1.70 internal...so on and so forth. The info should be in the literature of the kit. If not you can google just about anything or ask anyone on here.... HOpe this helps and best of luck...getting late and I have some Sailfish to chase in the morning..

Butter
Right, the final drive ratio on a given car depends on how its drivetrain is set up, for example, in my Tamiya TRF 415MSX, its ratio(which I also refer to as the outdrve ratio, so as not confuse it with the final drive ratio, after adding the spur & pinion gears) is 2.187, which you get from taking the number of teeth in its diff pulleys(35) & dividing by the number of teeth in its center pulley(16). And for your TC4, it's most likely drived from the number of teeth in the diff gear divided by the teeth in the ring gear inside the gearboxes, & indeed its outdrive ratio is 2.5. So to get a final drive ratio, you take the teeth in the spur(72), divide it by the teeth in the pinion(say, 25) & multiply that by the outdrive ratio(2.5 in your case, which I believe would make the FDR about 7.2, if my math is correct). And just remember that the lower the FDR number, the higher your top speed will be, but acceleration will be slower....