Community
Wiki Posts
Search

integy batteries, how they stack up

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default integy batteries, how they stack up

i am needing to buy new batteries, and i was wondering how integy batteries stack up to say trinity or peak. and i heard that the gp lose their punch fast, so what would be the best cells for stock? thanks-mike
Old 03-24-2003, 09:03 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I have had good luck with GP 3300 cells in stock. In fact that is just about all anyone was running at the ROAR nats, that or Sanyo 3300s. Have not run Integy cells though, I only use SMC.

Integy uses a different matching method which tends to generate higher numbers, so it is difficult to compare their cells directly against other matchers. You will see a lot of people rip on Integy for just that reason, BUT you can't argue with the price. I see no reason not to run Integy cells.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I agree with the last post. I run Promatch Batts, but have seen many many drivers in my racing area that use integy. I think if you need good solid packs to get you going, that you would be money well spent getting some integy cells and use the savings to get you motors, ect. High end batts are only good when you get to the point you are outdriving your equipment...then the higher end batts are worth it.

I think they would be great for you!

Jeff
Old 03-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I use Integy cells and not only are they good for the price but they do quite well on the track as well. They match their cells at 20 amps so the numbers will be higher than cells matched at 30amps. People crack on the batteries but these packs have kept me in the front of the pack.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

Integy sell 'high end' cells too.

It may be difficult to compare directly against other brands but you will find a pach of Integy's cheapest are really close in performance to Tinity / Reedy / SMC or any other manufacturers and their top packs are about the same as the other's top packs too. I also like Integy's lables

Having said that all my packs are Trinity.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Integy matches batts using a 20A discharge because they believe that 20A is a good, solid average your batts will experience during a race. Some say that using a 30A discharge during matching will weed out some weaker cells that may get by in a 20A discharge match. I've only had 3 packs of Integy batts and they were all very good packs and I bought them for a reasonable price. I would not hesitate buying an Integy pack again. Just my $.02
Old 03-24-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Integy batts are as good as any of the other matchers' batteries.... plus good prices..... just makes them a better deal!!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know that I'd call them a "better" deal, but I would say that their $50 packs are likely just as good as other matchers' $50 packs(& on up through the price range). If you have the easiest time finding Integys with comparitively good numbers(to other Integy packs, I mean), then go for it...
Old 03-25-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Heres the deal why integys cells are so high in voltage and runtime, they are discharged at 20 amps and they cut them off at 360 seconds, making the numbers look higher. Other matchers run the cells to 5000 seconds and discharge at 30 amps, giving you the numbers you see.

Good batteries come from Pro Match and KMR, www.kmrbatteries.com

The only companies I run now are Pro Match and KMR.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No matter what their cut off is my packs keep up with sponsored driver's from Reedy, Trinity, SMC, and Promatch. While some people feel that the numbers on the label make them feel superior this obviously isn't the case. I checked my numbers at 30 amps and they are about the same as other battery companies. I can't force someone to purchase this pack or that pack but this is what I have been running and haven't been down on power or runtime.
Old 03-26-2003, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've owned a lot of Integy batts and the reason I won't buy any more is they never individually labeled the cells with numbers. Maybe they do now, I don't know. But when a company actually prints the numbers on the batt case, I get a little suspicious.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I've cycled quite a few packs on my turbo 35 and found the year old $40 integys produce better numbers (more volts, usually less run time) than most of my $90 packs... And the $90 packs were bought for their volts...

Coolrcdad- they do individually label the cells and write (not print) the numbers on the box...