Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It always seems like plenty of flat area is available during the Xgames at Staples Center.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW

I like putting on big races together so not having a permanant track is just a bump in the road.....
That good news Fred, Looking forward to the future of RC Racing .
Old 03-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrBlack
Since some have been asking regarding pre event practice.

The last day Practice will be open to those entered for the Reedy Race will be April 28th.

The following is schedule of the track layout and directions run. (You must have a Tamiya car to practice on these days.)

This weekend 03-24-07 Clockwise (Original direction with chicanes)

Next weekend 03-31-07 Reedy direction (with chicanes)

04-07-07 Clockwise (old direction with chicanes)

04-14-07 Clockwise (old direction with chicanes)

04-21-07 Reedy direction wide open just like the race

04-28-07 Reedy direction wide open just like the race

05-05-07 Clockwise (with some interesting turns from years gone by)

05-12-07 Counter Clockwise (with some interesting turns from years gone by)

05-19-07 Clockwise (with some interesting turns from years gone by)

05-28-07 Reeady Race of Champions (weekend of event open to all cars)

06-05-07 TBA until further notice

Note* This has been discussed with Fred and he gives his support. We will be having many visitors over the next several weeks by both Reedy hopefuls and local drivers coming out of retirement from year past to drive a couple more times at the track they once frequented. Please if you are either respect the other and please treat the facilities with the same respect it has always deserved.
Any chance since drivers that make the Reedy can't practice on the track in May to run the Reedy layout in April, then any layout / direction in May ?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Advil
How about California Speedway during a NASCAR race? You could get a "Demo" group together of NASCAR racers and make press up the wazoo.
If that happend, I need to go as well...
Old 03-23-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
It is time to move big international races in front of more people.
So true. Check out these shots from the 1/8th Pre-worlds in Argentina last week. They held the event in conjunction with the local equivalent to the X-games...at a major arena. So everyone who attends, sees this permanent track on their way in and hopefully some racing.
Attached Thumbnails Reedy Race of Champions-dscn0133weblarge.jpg   Reedy Race of Champions-dscn0137weblarge.jpg  
Old 03-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Any chance since drivers that make the Reedy can't practice on the track in May to run the Reedy layout in April, then any layout / direction in May ?
In May we are running some of the crazy layouts that some of locals have always wanted to try but we didn't because of something or other.

So the schedule will stay as planned. It is more then fair.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MDawson
It always seems like plenty of flat area is available during the Xgames at Staples Center.
This idea is golden!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Mark....thats the ticket...
Not only are you getting exposure but exposure to the right demographic, which will get the young guys and gals interested. That venue always has 2-5K kids running around each day. Pick the two days they are doing the MOTO X and the other indoor, to make sure you are getting the most bang for the buck....Plus ESPN will be there and I am sure that they will take notice of 200 RC car racers in the parking lot....
Although you might need security to not allow none drivers near the pits...It is LA you know...LOL
Maybe next year I can actually make the race.
-Shookie <><
Old 04-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Default any status on the entry forms?

just wondering when the entry forms will be posted
Old 04-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

come on BT, or rick, whats up with the entry forms, need to start preparing,
Old 04-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

With lots of changes in the industry this year many things get delayed along with the Reedy Race entry
This year the Reedy Race will be headed up by Scotty Ernst and myself with the help of many others as i just got off the phone with Scotty the entry will be up this week so please stay tuned for more details
Old 04-02-2007, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Isnt it funny how, last winter, the 5-cell rule was trying to be shoved down our throats because stock and everything else was just too fast and motors mysterioulsy blowing up. Now we hear 5 cell is actually faster, and that we should run out and by special packs..... I dont know what to believe anymore. Been doing this for 22yrs now in various forms, never blew up anything.....Lipo batts are the only thing that IS advancing the hobby right now along with BL. Its getting to be time to get electrics out from behind the shadow of nitro, to the former glory it use to be. Hell, offroad has never been more popular.........Cant even find a RC10B4 FT Kit anywhere. Batt rules need to be consistant across all racing lines, 6 cell for example, otherwise you run the risk of loosing guys like me to other hobbies rather than having to buy "specialized" equipment just to race. Sorry for the rant.......
Old 04-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
Pre-Tamiya the Reedy race was held at Ripon in Central Cal... that would be sweet to have it there again... same type of burms as Tamiya, but with more layout posibilities... oh and consistent, high traction
Indeed, Ripon was awesome for surface and competition. Some of the best I have ever seen anywhere.

I'm not suggesting it because it is closer to me, I think it is one of the best tracks I have run on and it is a shame to know it sits there and collects dust. If we don't support our good existing on-road tracks, they will close and if you hadn't noticed, they are not readily replaced. Heck we are losing, or have lost SoCal, Revelation, and Tamiya and those are right in the heart of manufacturer's row. If we don't support them, we might as well start buying dirt cars.<shrug>

[like Bill Lumburgh in Office Space] Sorry Rick, yeah... I'm gonna have to go ahead and umm... disagree with you on that... yeeeaahh...
Old 04-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Just a word. The latest info is that SoCal is not closing anytime soon. So everyone come and support them.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Entry Frm

If all goes well, the entry form should be out in the next few days...just finalizing the sponsors. See everyone in May!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.