CEFX Racing Thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX Racing Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello, i have a c12 Evo1, with a evo2 rear kit. The car is really fast, in mod, but sometimes is inconsistent, i donīt know.
Can i convert, this car, from new car? , whats parts i need? , Chassis and front suspension?
I use this car, for run in mod, on carpet. But i like run with it in asphalt, i use CRC in asphalt.

thanks.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Im going to go ahead and start a thread for Josh and hope he doesnt kill me .
EA
Sure not. Josh is one of the nicest guys there is, and doing this hobby a lot of good. Any oportunity to highlite him and his work is a good thing.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Quick question, I'm going ahead with the EVO2, and the track I race is High bite (Fast Cats, Oakville) Can I use the AE .075 T-plate, and is virtually the same as the Medium t-plate offered by CEFX? or would I have to order extras?
Old 02-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by snowyelan
Quick question, I'm going ahead with the EVO2, and the track I race is High bite (Fast Cats, Oakville) Can I use the AE .075 T-plate, and is virtually the same as the Medium t-plate offered by CEFX? or would I have to order extras?

FastCats is not high bite. Medium on a good day.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

xluis - All you need is the chassis and an AE front end. Soon, we are releasing a "Japan" spec asphalt chassis that we are working with the guys from RC Champ to develop.

Anders - Thanks!

snowyelan - The AE t-bar will not work as well as the CEFX. Our rear pod is much longer than AE so we can fit a larger gear but due to that lenght, we had to make our t-bar different to get the same leverage on the rear pod/t-bar/center shock combination. Origionally, we moved the pivot back and used the same location as AE in the front. This generated good rear traction, good bumpy track handling but was not ideal for quick steering responce needed for the tight carpet tracks. This is when we made the meduim and short t-bars which have been a big improvement to the cars handling.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What would you recommend? Chucka Chucka or Chikity Chuck?
Old 02-25-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kropy - Geez....lol... Shouldn't you be painting something!!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Josh,

Check on my order number 463238, tried to contact you by phone email and no reply.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Carey
FastCats is not high bite. Medium on a good day.
i would say the same
Old 02-27-2007, 08:22 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Josh anyword on the 1/10th CEFX oval car? Not sure if you mentioned anything about this.

Thanks
Brian
Old 02-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

wyd, car was sent today... Hey Josh when are you going to be able to update one of the web sites so it has setup info on then for the C12, Angel had said setup sheets would be up there eventually....

Also let ya know 2 of your car made it in the A main @ Omaha Nebraska's 2007 Spring Shootout, they had 165 entries, of all classes, in 19T C12 version 1 qualifying 4th and C12 EVO2 qualifying 6th, I was running the newer car and made a quick jump to second in the main right behind Jari Taskila, and ended up 4th over all after the Main, acctually Cracked the chassis in the front in Fridays practice and worked with some glue and bracing to get it back into shape and still made the main and finished well with a broken car... Thanks for your and Angels support for parts and a great Designed car, hope you keep pushing the limits of 12th scale.

EA, that .40 shim and the setup you gave worked great right when it hit the track, Heres a pic of the track you missed a great race.

Roger Thenhaus

Last edited by rogtsaamokin; 03-01-2007 at 05:43 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rogtsaamokin
EA, that .40 shim and the setup you gave worked great right when it hit the track, also ran brushless for the first time in the car this last weekend, was very impressed!!! Heres a pic of the track you missed a great race.

Roger Thenhaus
Hey Roger good job!! What did you feel the Shim did for your car over not having it?

You coming to the Nats?

EA
Old 02-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

EA, Thanks, to me it just felt like it would just explode up off the corner, I started with .20 and then added .20 more and really liked the feel, the car just seemed just a shade lazier with out it, , there was this wrap around into the straight and my car just launched up off it, and I would really catch people early on the beginning of the straight, How about you what did you feel??? will try to post some pics sometime, also like I said the chasiss was partially broke, and the car still performed... Have been trying to get on the Team but no luck yet, only you big dogs... I hope this thread stays continuous.....

Roger T

SMC/JACO
KO PROPO
DELTA MFG.
BANZAI
REEDSPEED DREMIL WORKS
Old 02-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

To me shimming the T plate gives a lot more off power steering and plants the rear more on-power but doesnt make it push at all. It acts the same as adding pod droop....which is one of the biggest adjustments on a car!!

I plan on keeping up with the thread as much as possible.

EA
Old 02-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds good , thats how it felt it was good in on low speed turns that were tight and just drove up off the corner perfect high speed.... Was planning on Nats early in the year now its a No.. just can't pull it off would jave loved to see the Home Shop and Track....

What is your shock length??? and what hole position do you have the antenna mount in for that length??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.