Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parma 12th scale tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Default Parma 12th scale tires

I noticed that parma offers black rears for 12th scale. Just a hypothesis, but would running black/black be similar to double pink/double pink from say jaco, or what combos have people been trying?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Switch Blade
I noticed that parma offers black rears for 12th scale. Just a hypothesis, but would running black/black be similar to double pink/double pink from say jaco, or what combos have people been trying?
Parma's black fronts are used where their double pink fronts are causing traction rolling. Parma's black rears is their double pink. Black rears wear fast.
Stock: parma purple front/ black rear or jaco black wrap fronts/ yellow wrap rears
19T: parma purple fronts/ pink rears. I haven't tried wraps yet.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

ive been using purple/yellow from jaco but car understeered quite a bit so now im running purple grey and seems to work well. Still havent tried pink double pink or double pink grey yet tho.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Blacks are in the same family as whites and grays. They are a little harder than a Gray. What I have found is the natural rubber tires (pink, dbl pink, purple) have more forward bite but less side bite. Where as less rubber tires (white, yellow, gray, black in order from soft to hard) have less forward bite but more side bite.

At the birds pretty much everyone in Stock ran dbl pink fronts/yellow rears that were using Jaco's. For Parmas I think they ran Purple fronts/gray rears. Same with CRC.

EA
Old 02-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

i know last year when i was running my L4 i was running purple,grey and it was good,
this year i have a gen x and i run black,white or purple,pink,
black,white wear out realy fast but the purple,pink dont.
as for dbl pink,yellow i have not tyied them yet,
and ya black,white wear faster cuz they side slide a bit and scrub speed i think
Old 02-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

At my local track, I've been running the Parma tires on my Rev.4. Usually running Purple or Magenta fronts and Pink rears. I found that the Pinks have a bite very similar to Grey's, but wear a LOT better.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you run Parma rear tires pick up 2 bags of rear axles shims..you will need them. They have a diffrent offset than Jacos and you will need to shim your axles a ton to get your rear track back to 172mm.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
If you run Parma rear tires pick up 2 bags of rear axles shims..you will need them. They have a diffrent offset than Jacos and you will need to shim your axles a ton to get your rear track back to 172mm.

You can try cutting down the amount of axle shims you use, by using a glow plug shim or two. I use some used traxxas glow plug shims to shim the rear axle on my 12l4 when using Parma tires.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey guys. does anyone have a problem with parmas coming unglued from rim? this always happens about 2 runs in. i have to ca my sidewalls every round. i use paragon traction compound. only happens to the rear. if anyone knows a fix i would appreciate it. thanx.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I have never had this happened. How long are you letting the glue dry before putting on traction compound?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

about 20 minutes. i use thin ca. maybe its not enough time. what do you suggest? its like the paragon eats right through the glue.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have heard of this happening, and it was due to letting the tires soak in paragon in a zip-lock bag for a week to soften them up. It seems too much traction compound maybe not necessary.