Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by HARLEY
Does any know a good place to start gearing a monster motor ?
64 pitch: 96/29 or 30 depending on track? is this for foam or rubber???
Old 09-15-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

look up the gearing ratio for what ever car you have and start at 7.9 finaldrive.

victor i want my d2!
Old 09-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default Minnreg

Originally posted by spooky
Victor, was anyone running your new Mission chassis @ Minnreg last weekend ?

Spooky:

A couple of guys ran my new WARPSPEED MISSION.

Steve McNichols and Tony Padilla.

Steve made the A Main, dont know where he ended.
Tony made the A Main, and came in 4th place.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Florida State Series

Racers:

Ryan Rhodes running the DEMON did excellent. Came in 2nd place in 19T in the A Main and came in 2nd place in stock in the A Main.

Steven Baker running the D2 car was really hooked up. The car ran awesome, but he was getting beat up. NO LUCK!
He came in 2nd place in B Main.

Hector:

Keep your pants on The D2 will be coming soon.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks Victor, both Tony and Steve's car's looked planted, but then again they always do. I had a great battle with Tony in our last qualifier, he nipped me by a sec. There's the difference -Warpspeed mission, vs Plain old mission, I would like to buy the conversion, but it is a little too much for a car that has it date on it.

Are you going to continue to make products for the new car ?.

Thanks,

And nice seeing ya at Minnreg, your car was screaming in your 19t main.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Mr.Warpspeed

Hi, do you also do custom chassis? Like for the RC12L3 but the bats are placed perpendicular to the chassis instead of the stock ones? Just asking-- Peace and happy racing!

A 3mm 12L3 chasis will really be cool!!!! and STIFF!!

Peace and happy racing!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Spooky:

Yes, we are going to continue making products for the new car.

Lem2:

We are coming out with our own 12th scale conversion. Just be patient. We are very busy with the DEMONS.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Default Mr.Warpspeed

It's almost 12MN here!!! And your news of an upcomming conversion for the 12L3 was like a triple espresso!!!

That is such great news!!! a Warp1/12!!!!! Cooooool!!!!!!!!!
Okay-- keep busy and More Power!!!
Happy Racing!!!

Lem
Old 09-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

lem2 i have been talking with victor about making such a chassis . i have a chassis he'll be using as a guide and will be producing it shortly . so he'll have a good 12 scale car coming out .

victor i sent you email with my new info
thanks again that car was hooked up diffenatly better than the d1 .
Old 09-17-2003, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Mr.Warpspeed

Originally posted by lem2
Hi, do you also do custom chassis? Like for the RC12L3 but the bats are placed perpendicular to the chassis instead of the stock ones? Just asking-- Peace and happy racing!

A 3mm 12L3 chasis will really be cool!!!! and STIFF!!

Peace and happy racing!!!
A super stiff non-flexing 12th sale chassis is not all its cracked up to be. Trust me on that one. Ultra stiff 12th scle cars can be brutally hard to drive untill the traction goes through the roof.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Default rayhuang

yep, i agree on that, a 12th scale chassis needs flex to be able to steer better.

i want a chassis that is like the yokomo's with a different battery configuration but non ssg and the one I got from RCmodel is way too flexy.

And lastly, since I am not a good driver, i'll just contend my self to being different hehehehehehe. . . . .

Peace and happy racing.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

lem2-its fun to be different-yes it is!!

I cannot wait for my Demon to arrive this week!! YYYAAAHOOO!! I will have it ready for the first race of our fall series on Sunday and will report how I (it) did on Monday. We get between 40 to 50 stock Sedans every weekened in the fall and 20 or more guys all can make the A easily-so its always tough. IN fact lately-you can miss the A by one small bobble on one lap-its gotten that competitive. The Demon will give that edge I need to stay more consistent every lap than the other guys!! I cannot wait!!

Ray
Old 09-17-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default Me toooo. . . . . .

Originally posted by rayhuang
lem2-its fun to be different-yes it is!!

I cannot wait for my Demon to arrive this week!! YYYAAAHOOO!! I will have it ready for the first race of our fall series on Sunday and will report how I (it) did on Monday. We get between 40 to 50 stock Sedans every weekened in the fall and 20 or more guys all can make the A easily-so its always tough. IN fact lately-you can miss the A by one small bobble on one lap-its gotten that competitive. The Demon will give that edge I need to stay more consistent every lap than the other guys!! I cannot wait!!

Ray
Can't wait for my demon!!!! All the parts are removed from my milled out chassis, cleaned, lubed and the bearings have been sitting in oil for over 2 weeks!! Patience is really a virtue!!!! Good thing I learned that in Sunday School...hehehheehheehhe!!

Guess you'll get yours first than mine, since I am all the way here in P.I. I hope all will be better when I race it!! Lap times and all!!
Peace and happy racing!
Lem
Old 09-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

I guess church forgot to teach me about that virtue cause I am finding myself to be darn impatient. I am almost hating to open the "Warpspeed" thread everytime I get a post in email cause I hate getting my hopes up to find it is not Victor saying the D2's are shipping... Oh well, time to go play with the new dyno...
Old 09-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Default Swing rack

Just a quick tip for those of you planning on running the NTC3 Swing rack. Replace the button head screws that holds the swing arms onto the rack with ones about a 1/16" longer. You'll be amazed at what a difference a few more threads make. If the screws stick out too far-they will interfere with the chassis-so be mindful of that. That was a weak spot when I ran the NTC3 last summer. Sure this is not a gas car-but its cheap insurance.

Also-dont use the included plastic nuts to hold the mounts on. Use a thin washer and an aluminum locknut. it will have less slop over time. I'll try and take a pic tomorrow to show what I mean.

Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.