Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDX vs. T2 07

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ninja , if looking to get a superb servo i have to say JR Z9000S , have one for 2 yrs now never had a problem , speed .06 and torque 192oz not sure though but
it super fast and reliable
Old 02-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

both cars are fast, in the hands of pro's the 007 is faster, but at a club level the rdx is more consistent and eaiser to drive. i don't think you could go wrong with either car. as for the rdx phi , it has not proven it self to the common racer. a pro racer can make fast laps with about any car.

i race a rdx now,

part # src1005 this bumper from corally makes it just as tuff as the xray
Old 02-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have owned both and both run great on the track. I repeat on the "TRACK"..

Off track how ever XRAY is the #1 choice here. Here is why:
-diff access 4 screws and your there, RDX you gut the car to get at it not fun
-quick roll center changes on the 007
-shock towers that dont have un-usable holes(RDX has some that cant even be used with stock ti-rods. so why have them??
-anti-squat,inboard toe ect ect is quick and easy from the outside of the car on the xray. On the RDX the mount screws are inside the bulkheads and trying to make a quick 30second rear toe adjustment on the RDX is unheard off as the rear diff hangs out the ass end blocking the screws
-speaking of screws... i stripped 4 within 2 races using the included torqs driver on the RDX.. yayaya get a screw kit...
-simply put the 007 looks so much kooler then the rdx on the pit table !
-multi diff!
-diff quality is much higher on the 007
-bearings was an issue on the 007 i have not had any catostrophic failur but i need to replace the rear hub units
-multiflex tuning
-4 way dampening shocks
-spring steel quality

Again on the track there are 6 or 7 chassis that can hang with each other lap after lap, its a driver setup issue... So when i look at the long list of chassis out there ontrack performance is #1 but when 5 brands can bost similar results you have to look at other things like:How much of a pain in the ass is it to work on? And can you get parts?

Oh dont forget they have the best website goin!!! Corally site is hit or miss if you can even scroll on the page!!

Again not a bash just a racer that has raced both but rather shoot the poop between races then wrestle with a car
Old 02-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

New RDX Phi

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u162/stevel_02/phi/
Old 02-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks to everybody else, yet again.

Joel good info. I'm definately taking it into consideration big. I have another week to make up my mind on the 2. I am leaning to the T2, but i'm getting a lot with the RDX deal. I have heard they are horrible to work on (not only from the forums, but from racers at the track too), but yet 2 RDX's took the 19T A Main this past weekend (both with EXCELLENT drivers). I just hope i can settle down while driving and get into a groove with each of those cars.

Like i said, my TC3 is a piece now. At the time it was a lot of fun to drive in the parking lot races and local clubs. But now i want something a little more competitive. I've looked at each car, and they are both race proven. But that T2 007 takes the edge a little with the parts accessible at the track, not to mention the ease of working on it.

Also, any word of a conversion kit for the PHI from original RDX?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

XRAY T2 007 = DURABILITY AND PERFORMANCE. (MY CHOICE HANDS DOWN)
RDX = ALOT OF BROKEN ARMS AND PERFORMANCE. (VERY FRAGILE)
Old 02-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

XRAY T2 007 PRICELESS if you want to finish a race.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vafactor
...Only thing i've changed to get my 007 dialed for carpet is switching to the 6 degree caster blocks (and those are inexpensive parts). Aside from that, mine's completely stock (with a team driver's posted setup on it).....and it drives sweet.
Of course I work for XRAY. Saying that, here is some very recent and factual info relevant to vafactor's post above concerning the box stock kits competitiveness:

Snowbirds thread on the XRAY Forum
Old 02-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

just out of interest how many xrays were there compared with other makes?
im not doubting xrays quality of product.as they are quality!!!
but some how if results arent backed up by painting the full picture.it doesnt seem quite as credible
teamgp you say you work for xray so you should have access to this information??????
this could then silence the xray critics or if the xray percentage is overwelming could been seen as an expected result?

im not an xray owner or an rdx owner.im just a newbie trying to make sense of all this my cars better than yours
i just like the fact that the good old usa is supporting a european company such as xray.
i now slip back in to the shadows to see who can post up the attendance numbers of each companies cars raced at the birds.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Champion

I went through the same thing recently, I drove the wheels off my tc3 and had it for 5 years.

I did think about following the sheep and spending £300 odd, but thought id go for something different. Took some convincing but ended up a ta05,with a graphite chassis. Its not the car its the person controlling it

Dont get me wrong though, the xrays and corallys are nice cars!

I have the 9550 servo, very happy with it, small too
Old 02-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Xray If you want a car that is easy to work on, easy to adjust, responds very quickly to set-up changes, generally easy to get the car fast as long as you have a little understanding of set-up, lots of parts support, lots of team support(website, ect.), tough and durable. I think you only have one option
Old 02-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go with the one that your local hobbyshop carries kits/parts.
IMO I like Xray product quality.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

i love team/company bias.
go with the car that has a higher parts support at your local hobbystore/track.

thats my .02

-Zac
Old 02-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pug 205 gti
but some how if results arent backed up by painting the full picture.it doesnt seem quite as credible...teamgp you say you work for xray so you should have access to this information??????...this could then silence the xray critics or if the xray percentage is overwelming could been seen as an expected result?
I'm not pointing to the results. I'm pointing to the fact that the T2'007 in box stock fashion is capable of winning at even the highest level where more often than not prototype parts are used. As is stated in the post some of our drivers even tried prototype top decks. However we found the original box stock design to work better.

BTW, I work directly for XRAY as part of their customer support team. The national distributors handle all team drivers and therefore I am not privy to that information.

I don't see a need to silence any critics either. In the class which I'm referring to (Mod) Dumas had TQ and Tosolini finished second.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Wow.. haha i didn't think i'd get this much helpful info / helpful decision making o.O.

Much thanks again, my choice is basically made up. Much <3 for everybody!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.