Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
LIPO Balancers , write your knowledge here ! >

LIPO Balancers , write your knowledge here !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIPO Balancers , write your knowledge here !

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Yes I believe the wiring harnesses are the same as it is the most common used harness configuration on the market. Also I believe both balancers are even manufactured in the same location, however I can only speak for own when it comes to specs and usage.

I have not personally tested the Electrifly.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Also, I just realized that if you have a pack over 6000mah, that Hyperion makes the LBA10 that will balance and charge up to 10 amps. Also, it should work directly with the maxamps packs. Better yet, it actually works out to be cheaper than the equinox, since the equinox is $30 but then you have to spend $15 to get the high power adapters to be able to charge at 6 amps, and the hyperion is $40 and you just have to solder on your prefered battery connector. Other than that, it looks like it works the same as the equinox. If I didn't already have the equinox I would probably buy the Hyperion LBA10.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

ok, i know NOTHING about lipo cells, i am curious is there anywhere that can give me a good start into all this "2s" "2p" stuff?

also... i am wondering, if i get a 8000mah pack from maxamps lets say... is the dimensions of it similar to a sub-c 6 side by side pack?

last question... does charging at different amp rates affect lipo the way it affects nimh? So do i HAVE to charge at 1C (8A for a 8000mah pack)... (as an example)... or can i charge it more slowly?

thanks, this thread has just caught my interest
Old 02-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ok, i know NOTHING about lipo cells, i am curious is there anywhere that can give me a good start into all this "2s" "2p" stuff?
I'm sure there's more but here's a short one...http://www.rchobbies.org/lithium_bat...eakthrough.htm

also... i am wondering, if i get a 8000mah pack from maxamps lets say... is the dimensions of it similar to a sub-c 6 side by side pack?
An 8000 is about the same as sub-c in length and width but the problem is going to be the height where the lipo willl be considerably taller. A 6000 is the closest in size to a 6 cell sub c pack but will sit higher in the car because it does not sit down in the battery slots.

last question... does charging at different amp rates affect lipo the way it affects nimh? So do i HAVE to charge at 1C (8A for a 8000mah pack)... (as an example)... or can i charge it more slowly?
Charging at different rates with a lipo makes no difference at all as long as you stay at 1C or below. Lipos do not peak... you can't get more punch with more amps... it just doesn't work that way. There is no reason to charge below 1C that I know of unless you just want to waste some time. No matter what the size lipo you have if you charge at 1C it will take about an hour for a full charge.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jsmax
Also, I just realized that if you have a pack over 6000mah, that Hyperion makes the LBA10 that will balance and charge up to 10 amps. Also, it should work directly with the maxamps packs. Better yet, it actually works out to be cheaper than the equinox, since the equinox is $30 but then you have to spend $15 to get the high power adapters to be able to charge at 6 amps, and the hyperion is $40 and you just have to solder on your prefered battery connector. Other than that, it looks like it works the same as the equinox. If I didn't already have the equinox I would probably buy the Hyperion LBA10.
yes jsmax i found out same things , im going for LBA10
Old 02-03-2007, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

padailey,

thank you for your information. so after a bit of reading, i understand that a 2S configuration is what a rc-car racer today will be looking for.

i apologize for asking dumb questions on this thread, but i cannot get to the maxamps site... (after the earthquake in taiwan took out 1/3 of china's world wide internet access)...

i asked about charging with less than 1C because I own an ICC... and one day... it maybe able to charge Lipos (one day... long long time away)... and IF it can, i am not sure if it can handle 8A.

By reading this thread a bit, the hyperion LBA10 is a good choice...

(since i have limited internet access...) is there anyone kind enough to give me a quote in USD, how much would it take to get an 8000 mah li-po batt for 1:10 rc, a balancer (and anything else i need except for a charger) ??

thank you for your time. i really appreicate the kind replies i have recieved here.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MK_Arbiter
The orion balancer looks a lot like the electrifly. is the wiring for it the same?
orion , electrifly and hyperion balancers are almost same , they call them clones ... small diferences on leds tough , and new LBA10 that charges 10A maximum because they add cables going directly to the main battery conector

some one did a mod on LBA6 to do exactly the same, its so easy , just soldering to thick cables with a deans conector for the battery main

ill find the link
Old 02-03-2007, 02:19 AM
Tech Adept

this is the link to the LBA6 HIGH CURRENT MOD

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=189

check the first link inside that one to see pictures
Old 02-03-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The articles here are definitely a good starting read into lipos:
http://www.rctoys.com/pr/category/articles/

Originally Posted by rcnewb2004

thanks, this thread has just caught my interest
Old 02-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

The balancer mod can be preformed on all 3 balancers right?