Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who will be first?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow, really? I mean I'm all for bragging about your accomplishments, but your vices too? Have any of you kissed a girl yet?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
And people wonder why this hobby/sport is not growing?

Because of posts like this....Parents see this on this site and do you think they want their kids to be involved?....NO

Come on GROW UP!!!!!!

Barry
Someone posts about an adult topic and you tell them to GROW UP.... Sorry, I think that's funny though I do agree...I don't advocate that stuff and would prefer to keep discussions of illegal activities out of the forums. Just my opinion.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Wow, really? I mean I'm all for bragging about your accomplishments, but your vices too? Have any of you kissed a girl yet?
Yes
Old 02-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

And people wonder why this hobby/sport is not growing?

Because of posts like this....Parents see this on this site and do you think they want their kids to be involved?....NO

Come on GROW UP!!!!!!

Barry
Barry....what are parents going to think when they see drivers getting lit up in the parking lot and just acting a fool at the race track? Why don’t these same drivers grow up and walk away from that stuff and not look completely obliterated at every event they go to?. This isn’t focused at anyone team every team has drivers like this on them. Why do you tell some of us to grow up when really you need to tell the drivers that are doing these things to grow up so this wont be talked about any more? These drivers are the same people that are leading these teams….and that’s something to really stand behind and stand up for. We all need to grow up and pick what you really want to stand behind and stand for. It’s completely obvious what some teams are all about.....and it’s not winning. If this makes me seem like an a-hole then fine but Im sick of going to races and seeing 80% of some of the teams out there drivers completely obliterated.....thats a good image to have.....but it doesnt matter as they keep getting away with this stuff and keep getting paid for it. I for one wont put any money in their pockets.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

What was this thread about??
Old 02-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Suspended

Cool

What's the best servo for my touring car?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by McSmooth
What's the best servo for my touring car?
Apparently it grows and is illegal...so be grab a seat, grab some popcorn and let's see where this takes the thread. It's gone everywhere else but this is a totally new direction.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Barry....what are parents going to think when they see drivers getting lit up in the parking lot and just acting a fool at the race track? Why don’t these same drivers grow up and walk away from that stuff and not look completely obliterated at every event they go to?. This isn’t focused at anyone team every team has drivers like this on them. Why do you tell some of us to grow up when really you need to tell the drivers that are doing these things to grow up so this wont be talked about any more? These drivers are the same people that are leading these teams….and that’s something to really stand behind and stand up for. We all need to grow up and pick what you really want to stand behind and stand for. It’s completely obvious what some teams are all about.....and it’s not winning. If this makes me seem like an a-hole then fine but Im sick of going to races and seeing 80% of some of the teams out there drivers completely obliterated.....thats a good image to have.....but it doesnt matter as they keep getting away with this stuff and keep getting paid for it. I for one wont put any money in their pockets.
GOT'EM!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well you do have me there.........I understand where you are comming from...but all I was saying is a post like the one I was talking about was uncalled for.....being upset about how some people are at the track is one thing but dont include every person on the team....some people act different from others...thats human nature....

All I was saying is those kinda posts are not needed(period)

Barry
Old 02-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Someone PM me a list of the "teams" in question so I can make sure NOT to use their products anymore. Thank you.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Suspended

All I was saying is those kinda posts are not needed(period)
Soooooooo......keeping it quiet and turning a deaf ear to the problem is going to make it go away?

Sure....that only works none of the time.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

So this thread has gone from....

Discussion of release dates
to
Bashing XRay (and others)
to
Other new Releases just announced
to
ROAR/4-cell/LiPo
to
Strippers
to
Ninjas
to
Illegal activities of Teams

What could possibly be next...
Old 02-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Legend

perverted sex in the port-a potty ?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Maybe said teams have significant cataract issues and in addition are opposed to lasik surgery.

O... .and about my sig.... i just think towelie is funny. Don't try to read too deeply into it - you won't find anything and might end up hurting yourself.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Barry.....I didn't group everyone on every team but you know what team(s)/racers this is really about. I know some of you are not that way at the race track and I have much respect for the ones that do not do these things at the track. Its one thing to do what ever you want on your own time that’s your business but its another to do it when you are "working" and interacting with the public. I just find it outlandish that people would defend to the death some of these people and teams, knowing full well they have illegal activates going on at the race track. I for one don’t want to see a raid at some hotel at a race or even a race track and people get brought down b/c of what they are doing…..that would be too big of scar for RC racing in general to cover up. But people can just keep turning a blind eye to it and keep backing these companies and these guys can keep collecting a paycheck but one day it will come crashing down and its only a matter of time.

These post don’t need to be made but they some times shed light on a dark subject and make people more aware of it and maybe some of them will stop.....well we can hope they will stop but I doubt that will happen. The last 2 big events I was at have really soured me on this subject and I wont support any of these people or their teams in any way after seeing the way they act at races in plain view.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.