thanks Dave
no problem
Old 01-06-2005, 05:21 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
..... I wonder why that is
Probably because they need to step up and get some new stuff and some better advertising. Would like to see a setup that 28mm foams fit from the factory without having to buy new hubs and all kinds of other stuff to do so.

New cars out nowadays are getting so good from the factory that you normally don't need too many hopups anymore. Alex I think needs to offer more for the same price. Most comapnies already have hard arms on the kit to start and some alum. stuff. With my Cuda I needed to buy the idler gear holders in Alum at 39.99 ea and then buy hard arms and blocks just to get the car up to par with many other good cars.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Probably because they need to step up and get some new stuff and some better advertising. Would like to see a setup that 28mm foams fit from the factory without having to buy new hubs and all kinds of other stuff to do so.

New cars out nowadays are getting so good from the factory that you normally don't need too many hopups anymore. Alex I think needs to offer more for the same price. Most comapnies already have hard arms on the kit to start and some alum. stuff. With my Cuda I needed to buy the idler gear holders in Alum at 39.99 ea and then buy hard arms and blocks just to get the car up to par with many other good cars.
My Point exactly with all of the cars that are out now....you really don`t need 3million$$$$$ to fix it up to be at a similar level as say a Pro4 for example or a car from Tamiya... don`t get me wrong it`s still a great car.. it just needs some $$$ to get it started..So a bit better advertising or... ... . some drivers that would offer support at the local tracks.. this goesfor the US and Japan.... .. .But I think that it`s too much of a shot in the dark ... .because Japan seems to have less and less Barracuda users as the months go by I think it might have been the Re-make of the R3 when they offered the CE edition..same car PAL style hubs with a different upper camber link style mounting system.. .. . ..who knows there still might be life left for this car but they need to come out with something"NEW"...and Fast that is different than what is currently offered
Just my 2 Yen...Won..ect ect...
Old 01-07-2005, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
No that is not normal. You need to make sure the steering rack is perfectly centered, and then you will need to readjust you steering links and change the length of your tie rod coming off the servo. If it is not perfect you will have throws that are not the same. Best thing to do is measure the steering rack to find the center point. I would then measure across your chassis where the steering rack goes and mark that spot. Now line up the two centers marks and readjust everything else.

You should be only a one or two number differance on the throw if centered right.
Thanks for making it clear to me wyd.. ya explaination makes me understand more... cheers..
Old 01-07-2005, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

I whole heartedly agree with you and wyd on this. The sad
thing is I already have 3million$$$$$ invested in my
Cuda's... j/k. actually i got both my cuda's through
some nice deals but if i had to get one new i
would have to think really hard about it. At the moment I
am itching to get a new car but not sure what to get.
Corally RDX seems appealing with all the alum stuff you get
out of the box. For now, I will run my Cuda's. Who knows
??? (hint: Alex Racing !!)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
My Point exactly with all of the cars that are out
now....you really don`t need 3million$$$$$ to fix it up to
be at a similar level as say a Pro4 for example or a car
from Tamiya... don`t get me wrong it`s still a great car..
it just needs some $$$ to get it started..So a bit
better advertising or... ... . some drivers that would
offer support at the local tracks.. this goesfor the
US and Japan.... .. .But I think that it`s too
much of a shot in the dark ... .because Japan seems to have
less and less Barracuda users as the months go by
I think it might have been the Re-make of the R3 when they
offered the CE edition..same car PAL style hubs with a
different upper camber link style mounting system.. ..
. ..who knows there still might be life left for
this car but they need to come out with
something"NEW"...and Fast that is different than what is
currently offered Just my 2 Yen...Won..ect
ect...
Old 01-07-2005, 06:54 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by RcMonk
I whole heartedly agree with you and wyd on this. The sad
thing is I already have 3million$$$$$ invested in my
Cuda's... j/k. actually i got both my cuda's through
some nice deals but if i had to get one new i
would have to think really hard about it. At the moment I
am itching to get a new car but not sure what to get.
Corally RDX seems appealing with all the alum stuff you get
out of the box. For now, I will run my Cuda's. Who knows
??? (hint: Alex Racing !!)
I really think you need the EVO IV!!!!!!!! Yes you do have some great Cuda stuff. Too bad Alex is slipping into the forgotten world of touring cars.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Took the blinging blue cuda to the track tonight, ran my xray as i still need to build cells. But everyone thought it looked quick! Handed it around and people were impressed by it, the freeness of the drivetrain and general feel of the kit. I think that with good support it could take off well in the UK.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by berger
Took the blinging blue cuda to the track tonight, ran my xray as i still need to build cells. But everyone thought it looked quick! Handed it around and people were impressed by it, the freeness of the drivetrain and general feel of the kit. I think that with good support it could take off well in the UK.
GLad you like the Bling Machine...now build those batteries and git it on the track
-Dave
Old 01-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

hello berger

Me and Paul were going to pop down to Preston track tonight too and show off my triox but we got sidetracked at pheonix raceway instead

paul and co are all on for sunday at formby

we have even convinced adam too
Old 01-07-2005, 06:13 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by berger
If it came from Dave then it was bling bling alright!!!!!!! You couldn't of bought a better Cuda from anyone.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:14 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Dave your stuff should show up in a few more days I would think. Tommorrow I will pick up that stuff you needed if the shop got them in. I will let you know tommorrow night when I get home if they had them.

I did get some some nice blue Square rear hubs for my car and man are they nice. Didn't want to wait for the Tamiya ones to hit the US so I will use these til the Tamiya stuff gets in.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by wyd
Dave your stuff should show up in a few more days I would think. Tommorrow I will pick up that stuff you needed if the shop got them in. I will let you know tommorrow night when I get home if they had them.

I did get some some nice blue Square rear hubs for my car and man are they nice. Didn't want to wait for the Tamiya ones to hit the US so I will use these til the Tamiya stuff gets in.
SHaweeet!! Thanks Bro
-Dave
Old 01-08-2005, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

EVO IV is a nice car. I have to wait and see what else is out there. I may go back to Kyosho too...

Originally posted by wyd
I really think you need the EVO IV!!!!!!!! Yes you do have some great Cuda stuff. Too bad Alex is slipping into the forgotten world of touring cars.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Funny you should mention the lack of interest in the Cuda over there Dave
We've not seen or heard anything new from Alex in a while now?? ?? Hopefully now that christmas / new year thing id out the way we can see something fresh coming from the Alex Racing depths.
Revolution again rather than evolution could be a way of getting interest back to the fish
But Alex have surprised us in the the past so, you just never know. Maybe if they start blowing their own trumpet a bit things might pick up.
Havent heard who races for them over in J Land anymore, is Hiderou still with them, or has he moved to the other car with the other Xenon boys????
Any takers......Terutaka????

Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.