Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Havent bothered with the fan recently. To be honest it fell off a couple of times costing me big style in fast runs
But looking at it, the motor now runs cooler wihout it, dont even run a motor heatsink. The motor runs far cooler with nothing obstructing the cooling slots on the side of the can.
I found that finding the sweet spot on the gearing does more to keep the motor cool than anything else. That and running the right brush/spring combo for the given situation.

Im running the standard chassis becuase the Pal chassis developed a tweak, rear right to front left.
Its all sorted now just havent got round to swopping it back over just yet. Will probably do it after the weekend. May even do it trackside to see the difference during a race meeting.

Just fitted the pal hubs and drop down mounts to try.....all in a nice orange colour ofcourse cheers Dave

Will go back to Aldershot and race the car to see the differences from last weekend.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

I tweak in the 3mm chassis, yikes

I know my fan is doing nothing worthwhile at the moment but I think te heatsink helps a bit, it still leaves most of the cooling slots uncovered.
The fan has never moved when I've used doubled sided tape, but I made sure it was a very clean bit, touch it once with your finger and the stickyness halves. I've tried strong velcro, it won't come off but it can lean over and touch the speedo or motor.

Gearing right does help the most, I agree, I think at Carlisle I was a bit over eager and over geared by a tooth on the pinion, swapped too much acceleration for top end speed on the last few meters of the straight, silly mistake

I really want to head down south and race on some of the nice permanent outdoor tracks down there, still not been to Teeside's but to be honest the layout looks a bit simple, for those nitro guys
If you want a one off meeting in September (12th) there's the Cumbria GP, 19turn at Carlisle my fav
Old 08-17-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Im away that weekend already Then again we are trying to save some money for when we go over the pond for the Worlds in October

I will miss out on the Teeside 1/12th National too as am racing in the last round of the BTCC at Ashby that weekend

Will make it up that way sometime soon....I hope
Old 08-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Gazza_D

Im running the standard chassis becuase the Pal chassis developed a tweak, rear right to front left.
Its all sorted now just havent got round to swopping it back over just yet. Will probably do it after the weekend. May even do it trackside to see the difference during a race meeting.

Just fitted the pal hubs and drop down mounts to try.....all in a nice orange colour ofcourse cheers Dave

There is a way to get one more spare chassis if you need one Gaz ..
also

Take a dang pic of the Cuda!!!!!!!!!

-Dave
Old 08-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

You're a busy man then, should be interesting to see the new cars at the worlds, been a year of quite a lot of change.

I agree with Dave, we need pics of that orange beauty with the PAL hubs on it
It's a shame you can't get the Cirrus done in orange...
Old 08-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator

I agree with Dave, we need pics of that orange beauty with the PAL hubs on it
Sure would be nice
-Dave
Old 08-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Dave,

In the past you have mentioned an after market center drive shaft that isn't available though steve ........

Can you remind me of what company produces it, is it much lighter , what it's made of................Oh and most importantly, can i and where would i get 1 or 2 ??? Any chance of some pic's if you got 1 ???

Cheers

Oh the steering rack covers seem to help with the binding i had, so i'd recommed them to anyone that was thinking of getting them a good cheap purchase
Old 08-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Merciless
Dave,
In the past you have mentioned an after market center drive shaft that isn't available though steve ........
Here is a Pic of the shaft.. it weights about half of what the stock one does about 7~8grams
Old 08-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Here is a Pic of the shaft.. it weights about half of what the stock one does about 7~8grams
Is that an excel shaft ? Your link to the pic is powers international/excel. How can we get this shaft ?
Old 08-17-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Originally posted by RcMonk
Is that an excel shaft ? Your link to the pic is powers international/excel. How can we get this shaft ?
Yes it is the EXCEL shaft..as far as where to get it in the States..??? Not for sure... But try to Hit Steve at Speedtech up.. He might be able to get them later down the line if there is enough people that want them... also on a sid enot the PAL R2 shaft will work on the R3..but I would only use it for 27~19T motors..
-Dave
Old 08-17-2004, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Yes it is the EXCEL shaft..as far as where to get it in the States..??? Not for sure... But try to Hit Steve at Speedtech up.. He might be able to get them later down the line if there is enough people that want them... also on a sid enot the PAL R2 shaft will work on the R3..but I would only use it for 27~19T motors..
-Dave
Would be nice to get it though steve but i'm happy to order from where ever i can get it ....!
Any clues DAVE ??
Old 08-18-2004, 02:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Merciless

Any clues DAVE ??
One Clue sent your way
-Dave
Old 08-18-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Your wish is..........
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-105_0513.jpg  
Old 08-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

One of the front.....
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-105_0511.jpg  
Old 08-18-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

....and one or the rear.
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-105_0510.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.