Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
thefuzzclub,

The two speed is an option that is available to the R2.

Orange??? reminds me of candy...lol

Steve Wang
Oranje is my favourite colour too
Old 06-01-2003, 10:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ko Racer
dave .......yes it is so cool that people from all over the world can have something to talk about "cudas" and i bet it was super to meet Mr.Noboru from japan and that is a cool T you have on there I have one coming also and here is a picture
of my pal cuda
Nice car Ko R.
are those foam tyres ?
Old 06-01-2003, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Just think how I feel Racing here in Japan...justa wealth of knowlage

-Dave
JDM, you are living the RC dream, I was there for about 5 days at a Tamiya World Champ race in 95, I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to go back there to race again someday.

and btw thanks everyone for your kind words and support about our little success at the RROC.

Steve Wang has been such a great guy to work with at Speed Tech, and now that I've met Mr. Nakanishi (Alex Racing), Terutaka
(Xenon Racing), and Noboru from (FLAP RC) who hung out with us at the ReedyRace I feel like part of the CUDA famdamily
db.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Default R2

Hi, the R2 looks really interesting....in the recent pics posted, how come the battery slots are on the left side of the chassis, the pics that I see of the R2 have the batts on the right side...I am quite confused. What is the major handling difference of both? I currently drive a LOSI but I am really intrigued by the R2 and I would like to know more about it....I came from a shaft driven car before the LOSI....I had an AE TC3 and what I heard was that the R2 beat all the TC3s in Japan in 2002. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: R2

That pic you saw is most likely an R1 'cuda or one of the earlier variants

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
Hi, the R2 looks really interesting....in the recent pics posted, how come the battery slots are on the left side of the chassis, the pics that I see of the R2 have the batts on the right side...I am quite confused. What is the major handling difference of both? I currently drive a LOSI but I am really intrigued by the R2 and I would like to know more about it....I came from a shaft driven car before the LOSI....I had an AE TC3 and what I heard was that the R2 beat all the TC3s in Japan in 2002. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: R2

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
What I heard was that the R2 beat all the TC3s in Japan in 2002. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Yes you are correct The Barracuda R2 has just won the most recient ALEX/Club K&K Race all of the top 6 finishes were a R2 Cuda ... And this was a a-main that had some very good Expert Japan drivers

Also the TC-3 is being used less and less over her in Japan ..most of the TC-3 Guys are either going to the R2 or the SD

-Dave
Old 06-02-2003, 01:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
JDM, you are living the RC dream, I was there for about 5 days at a Tamiya World Champ race in 95, I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to go back there to race again someday.

and btw thanks everyone for your kind words and support about our little success at the RROC.

Steve Wang has been such a great guy to work with at Speed Tech, and now that I've met Mr. Nakanishi (Alex Racing), Terutaka
(Xenon Racing), and Noboru from (FLAP RC) who hung out with us at the ReedyRace I feel like part of the CUDA famdamily
db.

If you ever get the chance to get over here again...I'll be glad to show you around!!

-Dave
Old 06-02-2003, 02:35 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Originally posted by SpeedTech

We got some Rayspeed Springs, which are made for the Yokomo, but I think might work on the Cuda as well.

Steve Wang
Yes they fit Steve and the Hot setup seems to be using the Red ones in the Front and White ones in the Rear ...they also fit a bit better due to the fact that they are a tad bit longer than the ALEX ones ....

Most of the K&K Guys are useing these now

-Dave
Old 06-02-2003, 05:06 AM
Regional Moderator

Nice car Ko R.
are those foam tyres ?
RedBull ......Yes there foams I have been doing some
carpet runs also with the Excel hubs installed

Have you been doing anymore with spools ? or is the rubber diff
much better?
Old 06-02-2003, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ko Racer
RedBull ......Yes there foams I have been doing some
carpet runs also with the Excel hubs installed

Have you been doing anymore with spools ? or is the rubber diff
much better?
The spliff was primarily for the Reedy, normally I'll use a one-way.
However I will experiment with it from time to time.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

So Steve do you have the the two speed in stock. Just wondering. Would be fun to play with. I have the pal system on mine but prob won't work with that.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

RedBull do you ever feel it's better to have brakes, say on a track with a couple of important hairpins but not many sweepers that suit a one way. We have no rules against one ways here so I use mine all the time outdoors, tonight I felt the track layout was a bit poor for the one way though, most corners were 90degree or hairpins, the hairpins were tricky to take fast without running wide, would of been better being able to brake hard into them. Although I was still able to get my 19T to stick with the 12's although only with my good cells.
Results of the night were useless, qualified 5th, although my best run was with my poorest cells, dumped badly at the end, others running 12's were really messy tonight so I should of been lower down, last run i put a good set in only for the one thing I didn't check, the turnbibkle decided to unscrew it's ball link from the top deck at the front right. Pulled in wondering why I couldn't turn in one direction very well, just when I was on a flyer.
First corner of the final I came into the top four drivers little pile up, no where to go I hit one car and my corraly tube fell off my cells I hate soldering the little sods on, it's impossible to get the heat into the joint because it has to travel all the way round the tube and to the cell surface. Don't have time to hard solder so don't suggest it.......

What everyones experiences with 19T motors for the cuda? I find my Matrix goes like a rocket and wear is good. I'm looking to get a second 19T for club use since the track isn't large enough to use a 12T properly, and I want to try and keep my best motor for SMTCA events as this is where I'm concentrating my efforts this season.

and Dave......................
Old 06-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Post Racy springs

All knowing Cuda racers: New Yokomo/Racy springs. aprox. what would the red & white equate to if we were talking Alex springs?

BTW redbull, ready for the TCS this weekend? (spliff...good word....spliff...I like it)

thanks,

JC

The spliff was primarily for the Reedy, normally I'll use a one-way.
However I will experiment with it from time to time.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

fatboy joe,

If you want to check out the R2 more closely, you can visit our website: www.speedtechrc.com or www.alexracingusa.com

Redbull,

Thanks for the compliment, I try my best

2fast4u2,

The 2 speed option is rather pricey because it requires not only a two speed transmission but a modified lower and upper chassis deck, I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but the conversion kit is close to $200.

Steve Wang
Old 06-03-2003, 03:49 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

stev, whry don't you answer my pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.