Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Gazza_D
Herm, where do you race on Monday night and how long will it take me to drive there from Dumbarton?

Mrs still having to fly up, but thought of taking a bit of time out to show you a real cuda!!!

Ducks and puts on steel helmet
Never driven from Dumbarton so not exactly sure. Should be around an hour but when you take into account the traffic at that time it's more like an hour and a half. If you're in Glasgow city center by about 5.30 you'll end up in a big delay on the A77 to Ayr, as it goes to one lane each way for a few miles, which causes nose to tail traffic for a couple of miles before it and can easily cost you half an hour there Leave fifteen minutes earlier though and you'll save 25-30 minutes.

Real Cuda!!! pfft!!! I know I've got more titanium
Old 01-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

But yours is blue, like a scotsmans skin after a week in the sun. Orange is far far better, reminds me of the sun, not icicles. Are you sure on that titanium thing, got axles too you know
and a Ti motor in it for a laugh.
Old 01-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Gazza_D
But yours is blue, like a scotsmans skin after a week in the sun. Orange is far far better, reminds me of the sun, not icicles. Are you sure on that titanium thing, got axles too you know
and a Ti motor in it for a laugh.
LOL, and orange is the colour of plenty Englishmens skin after a week in the sun
Ti motor... you'll have to bring me one of them I'll trade you for some cells
Old 01-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
looks like a bread truck you pick up a part time job dj?? j/k
It does look like a small bread truck or a UPS truck but in a cute kinda way. I wouldn't mind to have one. They've been out in CA for a few months now.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've kinda give up on real cars due to the expense but unless it has 350+ hp stock, it's not for me.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:27 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by elnitro
It does look like a small bread truck or a UPS truck but in a cute kinda way. I wouldn't mind to have one. They've been out in CA for a few months now.
don't tell ko it's cute...he'll sell it and buy a new shelby cobra or a gt40...
Old 01-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey fellas I want to know, what is the difference between an Xenon R2 and an Xenon conversion for the R2? Also with you expeirenced cuda guys which do you like better the A-spec conversion or an Xenon R2. I have a web special and am going to put the A-spec conversion and just baught an Xenon R2 so just woundering which to run in stock class and which to run in Brushless. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by johnny55
Hey fellas I want to know, what is the difference between an Xenon R2 and an Xenon conversion for the R2? Also with you expeirenced cuda guys which do you like better the A-spec conversion or an Xenon R2. I have a web special and am going to put the A-spec conversion and just baught an Xenon R2 so just woundering which to run in stock class and which to run in Brushless. Thanks.
Xenon R2 and Xenon conversion are the same. Xenon is a 3mm chassis. It comes in three stages. Stage 3 comes with c-hubs and rear hubs. Stage 2 comes with the complete drive system and Stage 1 just comes with the special motor mount. I like the Xenon better coz we run clockwise flow on out race track, the Speedway Pal chassis is also good but it will really shine more on counterclockwise tracks. It's basically a weight distribution thing, you would want the major weight to be in the inside part of the chassis depending on the flow of your track. Just my .02 You can run both chassis on stock class, it's just a matter of set up and choice. Both are good, I suggest you run the Speedway Pal hollow carbon shaft for stock to maximize the drive effeciency of the cuda. Btw, just to let you know, the guy who drove the cuda in the A-main of the recent JMRCA in Japan that got 3rd spot on the grid and 5th overall was just using a stock r2 chassis with Pal hubs, drop down mounts and midspan chassis
Old 01-11-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

I just had my cuda test drive, was trying to get the setup right but not quite there yet.
One of the shocks is bleeding, and almost all felt not damping...is this normal? The stock spring is pretty soft to imho.
Handling was pretty decent despite that problem i had, off power steering is good while on power it went under.
Any pointer? thanks!
Old 01-11-2004, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by GTO2
I just had my cuda test drive, was trying to get the setup right but not quite there yet.
One of the shocks is bleeding, and almost all felt not damping...is this normal? The stock spring is pretty soft to imho.
Handling was pretty decent despite that problem i had, off power steering is good while on power it went under.
Any pointer? thanks!
Please make sure that you have the O-ring seals of the shocks lined up correctly before you snapped it into the shock body. For the push, try putting the front shocks one hole out. If it's still pushing, try to put up one hole out in the rear shocks....if it's still pushing, put a 1mm shim on front pivot ball of the rear arms to give your cuda anti-squat, lessen the weight transfer to the rear when you power up exiting or during cornering. Yes, the springs are kinda soft, you can use 30wt or 40wt oil. I hope my tips help. Just post your questions anytime and we will be glad to help you with your cuda setup
Old 01-11-2004, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for the tips.
I will try them out. I will post my asphalt setup later on, just wondering, will sway bar be of any help in my situation?
What kinda spring is there, compatible with Cuda's? I know some use Rayspeed and Yoke GT4's.
I am tempted to put a TRF shocks but I suppose it was a bit too long.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Herminator
I just hope KO doesn't look like this...

Oh man you guys crack me up !
Old 01-11-2004, 06:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Dave or KO are the experts on that...KO made mine pretty smooth.

look back at about page 100 or so there should be tips there!
Old 01-11-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

let me know what's need to be adjusted here, thanks.
It's a halfway setup btw.
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-ri_110104.jpg  

Last edited by GTO2; 01-11-2004 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:59 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

0° rear toe in is not enough for asphalt an rubber tires

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.