Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

So they havent asked you to race at the BRCA nationals then??

Mmmmm, got any dates for races up that way, will look on the calander to see if any fall within times im up that way.

You just never know...........

Got all 3 of my Cirrus's installed and raring to go, Lot lighter than my old MRT and seem a bit more responsive too. Will be running it outdoors first weekend of the new year brrr brrrr bound to be cold and wet
Old 12-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

If they want me to run in the BRCA nationals they can pay for the darn fuel
No set dates so far for the SMTCA, they don't normaly start until about April/June, Scottish GP is about September.

3 of them you must be a busy racer Would do more racing myself if mini pins weren't the pain in my wallet that they currently are and there was a different class of racing around here.

Outside at this time of year I know the Cirrus is water proof but is it frost proof You made a special order for some CS 12's?
Old 12-15-2003, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Nah D20's with drawing pins pushed through from the inside out, marshalls wont go near the car though if you bin it
Old 12-15-2003, 11:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: on another note...

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Well, since the troops caught 'ol saddam insane, I think our prez has been thinking...
lol, nice pic..
Old 12-15-2003, 11:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Gazza_D
Thats definately the quick way to DIY a garage

Anyway guys...have modified my Cuda with a new battery strap and it works great!!!

I think its an X-ray part but it was given to me so im not 100% sure. Works a treat for a free upgrade though
Definately an X-Ray part Looks good.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:03 AM
Tech Adept

Are there any parts that need to be upgraded for the R2 to be really competitive?

Will the R3 include all these hop ups already or not?
Old 12-16-2003, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by McLaren
Are there any parts that need to be upgraded for the R2 to be really competitive?

The R2 is very competitive in stock form, any upgrade to the car is basically beefing it up for the unexpected crashes and to make it more "bullet proof". These are the "must" upgrades for stock racing: Alloy shaft holders, alloy knuckles and center oneway or speedway pal drive system with the hollow carbon shaft. For mod racing: Alloy shaft holders, Speedway Pal drive system, titanium turnbuckles, titanium screws, alloy knuckles, ceramic bearings, and a hot motor
Old 12-16-2003, 04:48 AM
Tech Adept

What is the internal gear ratio of the R2? Is the R3 only the R2 but ready with hop ups, or otherwise?
Old 12-16-2003, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

What is the internal gear ratio of the R2? Is the R3 only the R2 but ready with hop ups, or otherwise?
It's 2.44. The R3's battery and motor placement were slightly moved by some mm. Plus the sprakly chassis and the new drive system. If I had the money, I'd get an R3 for stock racing and a Xenon stage 3 for Mod racing
Old 12-16-2003, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Fatboy Joe, you live in quezon city? Where is there to run your R/C out there? Are there people that race em there? I was from bulacan and manila when I was growin up.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
The R2 is very competitive in stock form, any upgrade to the car is basically beefing it up for the unexpected crashes and to make it more "bullet proof". These are the "must" upgrades for stock racing: Alloy shaft holders, alloy knuckles and center oneway or speedway pal drive system with the hollow carbon shaft. For mod racing: Alloy shaft holders, Speedway Pal drive system, titanium turnbuckles, titanium screws, alloy knuckles, ceramic bearings, and a hot motor
I wouldn't consider all those parts must haves for stock racing. You could easily just get the alloy shaft holders. Alloy knuckles are one of the options you'd buy last, not helped by the fact you can barely find them any more. A center one way is something I don't see any point in, if you want one way action use the kit front one way, the center one way is only going to add a little drivetrain mass and have very little extra efficiency when off power when used with the front one way and without a front one way it's just giving the braking issues from a one way and very little steering gain. Speedway PAL drive system is good for mod, infact I wouldn't run mod without it, but overkill for just stock racing. The carbon shaft for it looks nice but Dave has had several of them self destruct when using them with mods, so best stick too the alloy shaft.
If you want to go lighter then start getting titanium bits, I'd never bother with alloy screws, too much of a risk of getting one stripped. The first titanium part I'd reccomend are the quick release shock mounts so much easier to move the upper shock position and you get a handy tool that also works on the suspension arms pillow balls. Then titanium screws because I hate philips head screws when trying to do a quick rebuild.
The kit bearings are full of thick gunk, but once cleaned out are fine. I'd only go to the big expense of high grade bearings when the kit ones start failing, which they haven't shown any signs of for me yet.
For easy to change toe in you can get the offcenter titanium nitride coated pillow balls, this gives you all the toe adjustment you could want with a quick turn of a couple of screws.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

If you read just a few pages back you would find your answer already
The R3 comes with pretty much the same spec as the R2, no extra hop ups.
The main change is the new motor mount/drive train and revised chassis. The new motor mount basicly incorperates a Pal Drive system or the Xenon/SpeedwayPAL chassis conversion. So alloy shaft holders are less neccesary for the car out of the box as the spur is held more securely for less wobble.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

If I order some hop ups that fitted the R2, will they fit the R3 as well or better wait a bit to see the car first?
Old 12-16-2003, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

If I order some hop ups that fitted the R2, will they fit the R3 as well or better wait a bit to see the car first?
most will fit, can't think of anything that won't other than maybe sway bars, as the R3 has a new mounting system.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by justinalamode
Fatboy Joe, you live in quezon city? Where is there to run your R/C out there? Are there people that race em there? I was from bulacan and manila when I was growin up.
Yup, I live in Q.C., the address you see below my avatar is my Shop's address. We carry Alex, Xenon and Speedway Pal exclusively plus other kits and brands. We currently have 2 tracks in Manila, and two more opening pretty soon and an indoor off-road track which the owners say is the biggest in the world. The track is 50 meters x 30 meters.

Herminator: Well said bro Although in my experience, the alloy shaft holders are a must due to chassis flex. The plastic ones are really bad, you can hear the bevel and diff gear slip during hard cornering. This not only protects the Spur gear but the drivetrains gears aswell. Whether it's an R2 or the new R3 Just my .02cents

Mclaren: Just wait till the R3 comes out. It will be worth it
I was hoping to get my R3 by the 20th of Dec but I just received an email from Xenon Racing that they are still doing some molds for the R3 and won't make it till the 20th of Dec. I guess I'll be getting mine by Jan or last week of Dec.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.