Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by OVA
herminator Don't you think I needs to buy any hop up for the R3? to compare to xenon chassis stage 2
no hop-ups to buy...everything included in the box.
the only parts you'll need are springs and swaybars.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by OVA
herminator Don't you think I needs to buy any hop up for the R3? to compare to xenon chassis stage 2
there is practicly no difference between a Xenon equiped R2 and a standard R3. Other than the R3's new graphite and different steering system.
Lots of the pictures you've seen of the R2 that have got the Xenon chasis have a lot of other hop ups added to them, like mine, but the Xenon chassis itself is basicly a thicker than stock chassis with cells a touch further forward. Has a motor mount that holds the drive shaft in the middle.
The R3 comes with it's glittery chassis which has the cells slightly further forward than a stock R2 although not quite as far as the Xenon. It doesn't have the split top deck of the Xenon but thats only for quick spur changes. Has a motor mount that holds the driveshaft in the middle.

Even the pics of the R3 are a touch misleading as they show the alloy shaft holders but the kits will come with the standard plastic items.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Herminator
Even the pics of the R3 are a touch misleading as they show the alloy shaft holders but the kits will come with the standard plastic items.

You sure? I thought the R3 came with the alloy shaft holders...
My understanding was it was essentially the R2 with all the hopups you really needed, minus the nice to have ones (like the alloy hubs etc)
Old 12-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

This is what Steve said in the SpeedtechRC thread...

No, we are not taking pre-orders on the USA spec at the moment, until we can get confirmation on whether or not more R2 will be available to us. The R3 have a improved drivetrain over the R2 (it used to be a $80 hop-up for the R2, but now it is included) a different steering system, and stiffer chassis.

Doesnt that mean the upgraded alloy drive holders are included?
Old 12-09-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Paul_Kultcha
This is what Steve said in the SpeedtechRC thread...

Doesnt that mean the upgraded alloy drive holders are included?
he was talkin bout the PAL drive/motor mount, not shaft holders i think
Old 12-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, Steve is talking about the Speedway PAL drive trian, which the R3 pretty much incoperates as standard. The alloy shaft holders are still an option and will not be as needed on the R3 as they were on a stock R2.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Paul,

The others were correct. In that post I was referring to the center drive system (or also known as the PAL system) which Alex Racing will have their own version included in the R3.

Right now, I'm running a R2 with the Xenon Racing Stage 2 conversion (which have in stock right now, as well as the stage 1 for those that bought a PAL system when the R2 first came out) I love the car right now, it handles even better than the stock R2 (mainly due to the thicker lower chassis, the moved forward battery position and also an upper deck that connects at the motor mount for more strength and less flex).

Guys, I'll be running mod again at Toys for Tots this weekend...or maybe pro stock instead...because mod is always the last class to be run and I can't see that well at night I think we have a few other cuda guys running as well

Steve Wang
Old 12-10-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Hermie & Randman

Thanks for the input on the Excel hubs.

I'll look into the RC-lab king-pins, if that fails it's out with the drill!!
Old 12-10-2003, 08:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Paul,

The others were correct. In that post I was referring to the center drive system (or also known as the PAL system) which Alex Racing will have their own version included in the R3.

Right now, I'm running a R2 with the Xenon Racing Stage 2 conversion (which have in stock right now, as well as the stage 1 for those that bought a PAL system when the R2 first came out) I love the car right now, it handles even better than the stock R2 (mainly due to the thicker lower chassis, the moved forward battery position and also an upper deck that connects at the motor mount for more strength and less flex).

Guys, I'll be running mod again at Toys for Tots this weekend...or maybe pro stock instead...because mod is always the last class to be run and I can't see that well at night I think we have a few other cuda guys running as well

Steve Wang
Steve, you can always attach a small halogen mag light that is the size of an inkpen to your car to see
Old 12-10-2003, 09:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by OVA
Ouestion: Should I get the xenon stage 2 or speedway pal and the xenon stage 1 for my R2...Or you have a better way to up grade the R2
Stage 2... no thought to that one.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rc-zombies
no hop-ups to buy...everything included in the box.
the only parts you'll need are springs and swaybars.
Actually the car doesn't come with alloy shaft holders, so you'll need those.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Actually the car doesn't come with alloy shaft holders, so you'll need those.
no alloy shaft holders... man...those pics are misleading...
they also show the Ti Screws and turnbuckles... I guess those don't come with the R3 as well...
Old 12-10-2003, 09:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rc-zombies
no alloy shaft holders... man...those pics are misleading...
they also show the Ti Screws and turnbuckles... I guess those don't come with the R3 as well...
It'll basically come with the same hardware as the R2, just has the new updated stuff.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Steve, you can always attach a small halogen mag light that is the size of an inkpen to your car to see
Heath, If I have to get to that point, then I might as well not run...just because I can see my car, doens't mean the rest of 9 guys will see theirs scary thought isn't it? lol

Steve Wang
Old 12-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Heath, If I have to get to that point, then I might as well not run...just because I can see my car, doens't mean the rest of 9 guys will see theirs scary thought isn't it? lol

Steve Wang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.