Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by racer
what is the difference between the R1 and R2 shaft holders?
R2=2 bearing
R1=1 bearing
Old 10-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Been busy working Dave?
Hope you've not been too busy

I don't see why you can't use R1 holders in the front too but I think the two bearings at the front will be a better bet, a little weight and friction for a lot more stability in the front bevel gear. Although with the PAL/Xenon etc. drive systems I can see it causing problems if you don't have the dog bone center shaft shimmed properly with rubber o-rings in the end peices of the center shaft, the front bevel gear would be able to move a little back and forth possibly.
Old 10-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Regional Moderator

dave where yo been ? and question for you how did you like the tc3 type steering on the R3 compared to the yoko style?
Old 10-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Another question about the TC3 style steering.
It looks to me like we'll be reduced to either no servo saver or using one of the servo horn types I don't like the servo horn ones, had one on my Lab and it was a pain if you wanted any sort of working servo saving ability from it.
Old 10-19-2003, 03:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Herminator
Another question about the TC3 style steering.
It looks to me like we'll be reduced to either no servo saver or using one of the servo horn types I don't like the servo horn ones, had one on my Lab and it was a pain if you wanted any sort of working servo saving ability from it.

I thought he might have a comment about it good or bad . you know he is the only that has got to drive it so i thought i would ask if there is a plus to it or a neg to it .
Old 10-19-2003, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Almost forgot the lucky SOB has had the chance to drive it

Come on Dave, we want all the dirty details leave us for a couple of days and we feel very neglected
Prezzies for all will cure the situation
Old 10-19-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

TC3 rack has a servo saver in it, just needs a bit of attention when you build it to make it work properly, Run one for the best part of 4 years with not a hint of damaged servo. Even got a mates working after he stripped half a dozen or so sets of servo gears.

Looking at the pictures on the Alex site looks like you can still run the Yoke type steering we have at the moment if you'd like on the R3.

But knowing Alex Racing, they will take the sterring rack to the next level and make it work!!

Already working on the missus, telling her how good this car will be. Although i'm running out of ideas as im out of superlatives after convincing her I needed a chassis upgrade.......mmmmm Speedway Pal web special.....will be the best looking car in England at the very least. (see Herm no porridge gobbler bashin there!!!)
Old 10-19-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Gazza_D
TC3 rack has a servo saver in it, just needs a bit of attention when you build it to make it work properly, Run one for the best part of 4 years with not a hint of damaged servo. Even got a mates working after he stripped half a dozen or so sets of servo gears.

Looking at the pictures on the Alex site looks like you can still run the Yoke type steering we have at the moment if you'd like on the R3.

But knowing Alex Racing, they will take the sterring rack to the next level and make it work!!

Already working on the missus, telling her how good this car will be. Although i'm running out of ideas as im out of superlatives after convincing her I needed a chassis upgrade.......mmmmm Speedway Pal web special.....will be the best looking car in England at the very least. (see Herm no porridge gobbler bashin there!!!)
Who you calling porridge gobbler?
If you must know I'm mostly English not sure if thats a good thing though
You can have the best in England, I'll have the best in the UK gotta aim high
Although right now mines a little
Old 10-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Already have the best in UK if we are getting all jointery and all that. Orange looks so cool, others have tried to copy the coluur and...failed. I gues thers only on eOrange to have and thats web special orange. Others seem to be..... a yucky off gold

But Orange will always be different. No matter what colour you have it can be guaranteed to be one shade of that colour not every shade of a colour like some well known manufacturers

Not declaring your englishness cos they have a better chance of winning the Rugby per chance????? Only joking Herm.

When you gonna come down south of the border and sample some real racing??????

Got a 1/12th national at Teeside in January... now theres fast
Old 10-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Rugby large men playing with odd shaped balls
Much more of a football man myself, and Scotland suck at it, support England all the way, and don't hate me but I'm a Man U fan since about 5

Orange is nice, I'll just have to outshiney you though

Furthest south I've raced is Carlisle, a Scottish town in England may eventually race near my parents house at the Teeside track, but rarely go further south than Lancaster/Darlington.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
should i save up for a xenon conversion or an r3?...
Just build the car, as a novise driver you wont notice any of the mods...
Old 10-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

but if i am gonna use brushless... mite as well get conversion instead of just PAL drive
Old 10-19-2003, 07:32 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Just build the car, as a novise driver you wont notice any of the mods...
He'll have the biggest collection of non-used/built collection of R/C cars in Cali...
Old 10-19-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Default I think its time to tell it straight

So lowercaseCAPITOLlowercaselowercaselowercaseCAPITOL CAPITOLNumber,

One, your handle is so annoying so does that make you a l33t? I wanted at one time to reply to you but I gave up trying to type that name of yours.

Two, I've been noticing that you've had the R2 for a very long time and still have yet to even build the car BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE tool?

Third, if you would just build the damn car maybe you can really feel what the car is doing and PERHAPS, just maybe PERHAPS, you can find out if you want to go brushless or stick with the stock, or PAL, or MOD, or R3, alloy shaft holder, ti screw set, square stuff and whatever else you've been asking for like 3 months and have yet to even build the damn thing!

Dan
Old 10-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: I think its time to tell it straight

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
So lowercaseCAPITOLlowercaselowercaselowercaseCAPITOL CAPITOLNumber,

One, your handle is so annoying so does that make you a l33t? I wanted at one time to reply to you but I gave up trying to type that name of yours.

Two, I've been noticing that you've had the R2 for a very long time and still have yet to even build the car BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE tool?

Third, if you would just build the damn car maybe you can really feel what the car is doing and PERHAPS, just maybe PERHAPS, you can find out if you want to go brushless or stick with the stock, or PAL, or MOD, or R3, alloy shaft holder, ti screw set, square stuff and whatever else you've been asking for like 3 months and have yet to even build the damn thing!

Dan
Can't say it much straighter than that

Maj.- Did you send that email?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.