Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Come on, tell us which was best value for money then, including the cuda's or which was the worst car you've ever bought, could it be the Pro 3 oh wait I had one of them myself wasn't that bad, just not that fast either, spent too much on it just to get it to a reasonable wieght and reasonably fast outside, the front one way was the best thing I bought for it. Then when it came to indoors again I just didn't like it and prefered to try get my Lab working which was ok some weeks then without a setup change would be a pain in the arse to drive, so I've moved onto my best car I've ever owned, my Cuda
My first car was a Sport 2 though, sold that around a year ago for a club mate to use for spares for his Pro 2, was a challenge to drive indoors as I knew very little about setups then but it got me used to taming wild cars. I can often struggle along with a terribly over steery car and be maybe just a couple laps down now on the leaders, they try the car and say how the **** do you drive this? obviously not as well as I can when I have a more neutral setup but even though I'm not the fastest (yet) I can drive more variation.
For a while outdoors last summer my Pro 3 was having cvd problems and whilst I was waiting for titanium replacements I drove with 2wd, I put the diff up front to make things easy and then the diff melted itself so I put the front one way in, no brakes and 2wd was fun I still beat the bottom half of the field, I got very good at carrying speed and taking corners as wide as possible, infact some couldn't believe I was using a 15x4 and 2wd, although when I tried to get off the line the mad wheel spin for about 3 slow meters kind of gave the game away drove some very tidy races to get 5th's and 6th's over about 4 weeks racing, although there were a couple of retirements ahead and some of my closest competition didn't always turn up due to work. Still only lost 2-3laps on the fastest guys when I got a good run.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

ermm......
that picture is just
Old 04-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

can't share the best value...but how about the worst. Like a jet powered Tamiya TA04. (it seemed to run quicker on JP 4 than JP 7)
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-con_3063.jpg  
Old 04-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by madjack
can't share the best value...but how about the worst. Like a jet powered Tamiya TA04. (it seemed to run quicker on JP 4 than JP 7)
LMAO, bet the engine didn't last long, that low to the ground it must be sucking in a hell of a lot of debri, not what a jet engine will like looks very well done though engine probably cost 1 or 2 thousand pounds looks so neatly done it doesn't look real you sure thats not a baked bean can at the front?
Old 04-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Any of you have a one way drive shaft?Stupid question,but a noteworthy one.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

you mean the center one way? not many I would think, since the kit comes with a front one way diff and thats what most people use if they want the benifits of a one way. A center one way adds maybe a little effiecncy if you run both, but if you use only the center you don't get as many benifits but you still get the major draw back of no front brakes.
Old 04-06-2003, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

My bad i'm in the wrong thread.I meant to post in r1 thread.BTW i really apreciate the info,but i just wanted to see how many others out there have one.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by littledog
Any of you have a one way drive shaft?Stupid question,but a noteworthy one.
I rune one on my PAL Barracuda.... It really helps out on tight Small tracks

-Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by madjack
Thats one crazy Jet Fuel powered R/C there ..... But it' might work better of some JP 5
-Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fishy Set-ups

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
btw....

Thanks

-Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: 305$...is wroth a look guys

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Fellow Cuda' Owner Selling brand new BLUE R2

Help the Guy out...
-Dave
Just bought the R2(Blue) from this guy. I can't wait for it to come in
Old 04-07-2003, 05:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool Square Bumper brace...

Anybody know if this bumper brace from square fits the R2 in addition to the R1?
Thanks For Your Help
Andrew-
Old 04-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow brace...

oops

Old 04-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: 305$...is wroth a look guys

Originally posted by Bartz!
Just bought the R2(Blue) from this guy. I can't wait for it to come in
Congrats on the Good buy

-Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
Come on, tell us which was best value for money then, including the cuda's or which was the worst car you've ever bought.

The Best Car that I have to date.?

My Family for Cuda's but the MR-4 & 414 were up there due to how simple they are to set-up and drive..

Now the worst..?? Ummm TC-3 because I kept breaking sh!t on iy left and right ..and the sad part is ..I can drive ...

-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.