Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Barracuda?

Originally posted by 4PlayRacing
Steve
Is this car a design of Alex Racing or does it just appear
to look similar to and EVO II
Thanks
In no way or form does the Barracuda look similar to a EvoII ....
Unless you count the fact that the motor and batterys are on the same side
-Dave
Old 03-04-2003, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Dave
I was just curious, the similiarites are there, but the
R2 still has features unique to its design.
Thanks
Craig
Old 03-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jeff,

Most of the screws are the same size, which are 2.5mm hex screws. The bottom countersunk screws are phillips, but there aren't that many of them. I like the fact that the droop screws are the bigger 2.5mm hex screw as well. Some of the car's droop screws are too small which makes them hard to get to and easy to strip sometimes.

4Playracing,

The layout of the two car is where the similarity ends The Barracuda's got a design never seen before on any touring car and I think that's what makes it so efficient. We will have another website which catalogs the Barracuda really soon. This site will have more pictures and even a short movie of me spinning the wheel of the car just to show how long the car will rotate

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 03-04-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

Some of you have been asking me just exactly how our pre-order system work, and here's a quick explanation of it:

The process is really simple for pre-ordering: Simply click on the buy button online, fill out all the necessary information and you're in the pre-order! On our system, whether it is a pre-order or a regular order, your credit card is never charged automatically. I personally look through every order and make sure everything is right and we have it in stock first before we run any transaction. In this case, I will contact you first when the car arrives, and if you still want it, then we run the transaction and ship the car out to you. So there is really no risk in pre-ordering with us.

Hope that clarify things up

Sincerely,

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 03-04-2003, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the pre order info, nice to hear we aren't totaly commited. Although I'm pretty darn sure I want one how about spare parts pre orders?
Old 03-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

I just got an email this morning that the Barracuda R2 will be arriving earlier than expected. We might have the kit in the states 1 week ahead of schedule

I'll keep you all posted.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 03-05-2003, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SpeedTech

The Barracuda's got a design never seen before on any touring car and I think that's what makes it so efficient. We will have another website which catalogs the Barracuda really soon. This site will have more pictures and even a short movie of me spinning the wheel of the car just to show how long the car will rotate

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Great news!! Let me know when it's up and if I can give you more help Steve.

-Dave
Old 03-05-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

We'll also be bringing in the Purple color as well. So the two colors available right now are the Blue and Purple. Estimated date of arrival: March 14th!

Dave,

I'll post any tip you can provide on the site.!

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 03-05-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Dave,

I'll post any tip you can provide on the site.!

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Roger that! ...

I'll see what other types of things you might need..

-Dave
Old 03-05-2003, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Thats great news on the date and choice of colours. Hope it doesn't take too long to ship across the atlantic
Old 03-06-2003, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

Just got off the phone with Japan (yes, I am working at 12AM in the morning ), and this upcoming batch of Barracuda R2 is completely sold out in Japan (this car is wildly popular in Japan). And we got the last of it, however,we are only getting the blue version in stock right now, and the next batch is due to arrive in May. So those of you that wants one, now it is a good time to put in the pre-order.

We are still scheduled for March 14th arrival date for the car kits and the parts are soon to followed scheduled to arrive March 19th-20th. So spare parts as promised will not be a problem.

Also, those of you that are planning on getting the car kit overseas, I was informed by Alex Racing Japan that most of the shop right now overseas either have the old R1 or the older version of the R2, so just be careful if you decide to pick up your kit overseas Our batch is the latest batch from Alex Racing, so the specs are definitely up to date.

Thank you all for reading, and as always, I will keep you all posted on the progress.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Last edited by SpeedTech; 03-06-2003 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:00 AM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can you let us know more about the older version of R2 that overseas are selling? like what did it change that sort of stuff?

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

Just got off the phone with Japan (yes, I am working at 12AM in the morning ), and this upcoming batch of Barracuda R2 is completely sold out in Japan (this car is wildly popular in Japan). And we got the last of it, however,we are only getting the blue version in stock right now, and the next batch is due to arrive in May. So those of you that wants one, now it is a good time to put in the pre-order.

We are still scheduled for March 14th arrival date for the car kits and the parts are soon to followed scheduled to arrive March 19th-20th. So spare parts as promised will not be a problem.

Also, those of you that are planning on getting the car kit overseas, I was informed by Alex Racing Japan that most of the shop right now overseas either have the old R1 or the older version of the R2, so just be careful if you decide to pick up your kit overseas Our batch is the latest batch from Alex Racing, so the specs are definitely up to date.

Thank you all for reading, and as always, I will keep you all posted on the progress.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Man I told you guys this car is the Hot Ticket!!
Guys are swiching from Yok's and TC-3's to use this car

-Dave
Old 03-06-2003, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TFR
Can you let us know more about the older version of R2 that overseas are selling? like what did it change that sort of stuff?

Thanks.
I know that some of the 1st R2's you could order with a 2 speed as a option...but now the 2 speed is just marketed as a upgrade for the R1.. so you can use the same chassis on the R1 as the R2 uses now!

-Dave
Old 03-06-2003, 01:09 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So only the 2 speed transmission upgrade that is different right? nothin like different arms and such??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.