Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-img_0890.jpg  
Old 07-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Regional Moderator

1 more
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-img_08821.jpg  
Old 07-26-2003, 10:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

KO, very nice,very very nice!!! Too bad we don't have that body in the states.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:55 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Deves
KO, very nice,very very nice!!! Too bad we don't have that body in the states.
oh i wish it was mine but that is a photo form speedway-pal . I run the stratus 2.0 proto
Old 07-26-2003, 11:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Well I took off from work for a while. Came home to sign for my new pink baby when it comes. Hopefully it wont take too long, I'm on the clock, but I only get paid on commission
Old 07-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Randman
Well I took off from work for a while. Came home to sign for my new pink baby when it comes. Hopefully it wont take too long, I'm on the clock, but I only get paid on commission
your wild man im glad your home to get it one of those other so cal barracuda nuts might have been waiting at your door man i hope you like it
Old 07-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've seen those before DJ. I'd like to try one maybe this winter. The body I saw had a body line above all 4 wheelwells. They were white in the picture. I clicked on the link off of one of you cuda people's signature...
Old 07-26-2003, 05:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Ko Racer
your wild man im glad your home to get it one of those other so cal barracuda nuts might have been waiting at your door man i hope you like it
Joseph, Thank You for the awesome car! The pink really stands out, you cant tell how strong the color is in the pics. Cant wait to get some electronics in it and get it on the track
Old 07-26-2003, 10:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

JDM - YGPM
Old 07-27-2003, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Getting my R2

OK guys I got the money together and Im going to Speedtech to pick up my R2 Monday. Ill probebly get the blue kit along with a set of blue aluminum screws, what hop ups or aftermarket parts should I get? Im a socal racer just in case you guys wanna help me with setup parts. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2003, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We do have those Verossa bodies in stock. I have both the light weight version and the regular version. the light weight version is very thin, but very light, good for serious racing. I only have a few of them (2 of each to be exact)

The problem is they do not come with decals or window masking, which is why we didn't really bring them in to sell here in the States.

Steve Wang
Old 07-27-2003, 08:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Getting my R2

Originally posted by johnny55
OK guys I got the money together and Im going to Speedtech to pick up my R2 Monday. Ill probebly get the blue kit along with a set of blue aluminum screws, what hop ups or aftermarket parts should I get? Im a socal racer just in case you guys wanna help me with setup parts. Thanks!
Be sure to get the aluminum shaft mounts, and I would suggest the clamping wheel hexes as well, just so you dont lose any axle pins.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

We do have those Verossa bodies in stock. I have both the light weight version and the regular version. the light weight version is very thin, but very light, good for serious racing. I only have a few of them (2 of each to be exact)

The problem is they do not come with decals or window masking, which is why we didn't really bring them in to sell here in the States.

Steve Wang
I might have to try one of those bodies, want to see how I like it. Should be sweet if it's a cross between a Stratus and Alfa.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Getting my R2

Originally posted by johnny55
Well I have a strong opinion on Aluminium screws, they are a pile of junk IMO, and only for show cars that sit on the shelf collecting dust. If you want rid of the kit philips head screws, which is a good idea, get some hex head titanium screws or stainless steel screws. Or if you can wait try getting the torx head titanium screw kit that Alex Racing does. I have always ended up putting 2mm hex head titanium screws on my kits, they save weight and are still strong enough to avoid stripping, aluminium is too soft, especially for underneath the of the chassis.
While you're there get the alloy shaft holders, they'll save a lot of spur gears. You won't need a huge amount of spares but get some bevel gears and suspension components just in case. Get rear hubs, the kit items have a lot of rear toe, great for indoors wooden floors but they scrub a bit of speed on high grip surfaces and you'll strugle to get the back end to rotate around corners (not sure how to put that) Steve will give good advice.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Steve Wang
they look interesting, wouldn't want a light weight one, not with some of the drivers around here

any update on the ETA of the next shipment?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.