Search

RE: Charging GP 4300's

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RE: Charging GP 4300's

Hey guys,

I have a few packs of GP 4300's (peak racing packs. I am using the MuchMore charger and during every charge the battery packs have been false peaking. I have been charging the packs at 5amps with a 3mv cut off. When I try to charge the packs at 6 amps they become hot and even false peak again.. I heard through the grape vine from my local track that the GP batteries have to charged in a two stage method.

Thanks for your time.

DPS
Old 01-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

If your using a 3mv cutoff on your Cell Master, are you saying that per cell, or per pack?

The Cell Master measures the delta peak per pack, so if its a 6 cell pack I would start at 30mV, 4 cell 20mV.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

I have found with my 4300's i like to first discharge them on the CTX-D in zero v mode then charge them at 6 amps linear and have the long lock out on. Also with a delta peak at 10mv for the whole pack. I also do use a battery heatsink aswell and that will keep the pack temp down. Hope this helps.