Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Everybody's Fault

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Suspended

Angry It's Everybody's Fault

Time to wrap-up all these high profile issues into one, nice, ugly, thread.

4/5/6cells? Paid drivers in stock? Battery approvals? ROAR? Nowhere to race? Lack of interest?

Guess what....you're all to blame. The racers, promoters, manufacturers, sanctioning bodies...everyone. You're all in this together, and simply drive the track owners, hobby shops, and casual racers out of the hobby.

Racers: Want everything for free, and don't want to work for any of it. They also want their own specialized class where they can dominate. They want to show up at a track, pay as little as possible for entry and do as little as possible to help the race program. You guys can't even get to your turn marshalling positions on time. How long have you been doing this? Yes, this even includes MYSELF.

Promoters: Contibutes to the downfall of organized sanctioning bodies by using their rules, but changing whatever fits their need. Rather than making an attemp to unify all racing, they are looking for the big, personal payday. Try to pass it off as "just giving the racers what they want."

Manufacturers: Paying drivers in the lower classes for performance. This includes bonuses, free entry, free equipment, and free travel. You are also to blame for continually putting up with the childish behavior of some of your drivers. One company kicks them out, and you're all fallling over each other to sign him up.

Sanctioning Bodies: You're in this too. Another attempt at being pro-active and now listening to the membership? Heard that one before. Same garbage that was going on 10 years ago. Time to start providing results or you'll simply lose more and more people to the aforementioned promoters.

Yes, I know this is going to irritate a whole lot of people. I really don't care. I've mentioned in another thread that there's just too many talkers and not enough do-ers. Anyone that this offends...too bad.

The do-ers are the track owners, hobby shops, and volunteers that have to put up with all of OUR crap...eventually reaching that breaking point (or running out of money) and leaving. These people give of themselves and put forth the effort, you have my utmost respect.

As for the rest of you, congratulations. You reap what you sow.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Had a few too many...
Attached Thumbnails It's Everybody's Fault-ridgeway_bitter.jpg  
Old 12-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Old 12-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Suspended

Angry

Damn right, I'm "bitter".

Nothing like a whole group of selfish people pointing fingers, blaming everyone else for problems they helped create. Meanwhile, running the activity they "love" into the ground.

Please, by all means, flame away. I'm on vacation for the next 11 days and won't even bother to respond.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

You are right.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McSmooth

Nothing like a whole group of selfish people pointing fingers, blaming everyone else for problems they helped create. Meanwhile, running the activity they "love" into the ground.
You seriously read my mind.Although this thread may seriously get you flamed,you have spoken the complete truth about this hobby/sport.I solute you!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Damn right, I'm "bitter".
Why spend so much damn time bitching? Go help solve the problem, Im sure there is a local club that would love some extra hands to set up. Im sure there is a spare car in the basement you can set up and give to a friend and bring him/her to the track for a taste of our hobby.

Im sure more then 600 of you care more about roar so why not vote??

and if ROAR is that crappy, why not found a competing body and let good ole capitalisim win its way out
Old 12-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Speedyjay
Why spend so much damn time bitching? Go help solve the problem, Im sure there is a local club that would love some extra hands to set up. Im sure there is a spare car in the basement you can set up and give to a friend and bring him/her to the track for a taste of our hobby.

Im sure more then 600 of you care more about roar so why not vote??

and if ROAR is that crappy, why not found a competing body and let good ole capitalisim win its way out
Why don't we start our own sanctioning body..BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Time to wrap-up............You reap what you sow.
Right on the money.......
Old 12-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
You are right.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racenut123
You seriously read my mind.Although this thread may seriously get you flamed,you have spoken the complete truth about this hobby/sport.I solute you!
word!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by $rusty$
Why don't we start our own sanctioning body..BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY!
And you point is????????????????????????????

Lets see your business plan?
Your goals?
Rules?
Guidelines?
How will you promote your sanctioning body?

McSmooth nailed it....
Old 12-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Too many individual (read: selfish) interests and not enough interest in the common good.

The largest races in the US are not ROAR affiliated and only follow portions of the ROAR rules. What does that say for ROAR?

RC tracks are struggling and closing all across the US. What does that say for racers and track owners?

You can count on ROAR being stuck in the 80's and never moving fast enough to keep up with the hobby and technology. Trapped in red tape and inside agendas/politics.

You can count on most racers being cheap and selfish. They want to buy stuff at rock bottom prices on the internet then complain when there is not a good race facility in their area. What they don't realize is that $15 club race entry doesn't pay the light bill much less the rent.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised that if you want to race you will have to travel to national races. Anything local will go back to the backyard bashing days.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
You are right.
Rick, as a ROAR ahhh.. board member? Or as an official?

Is there any plans for ROAR to have a forum on their site?
We can talk/post/bitch/moan all we want in here but I think we need a place where ROAR can listen to registered ROAR members and not every Tom, Dick and Harriet that can get a bogus user ID and post what ever they feel like....

Not a flame, just seeing a need....
Old 12-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
The largest races in the US are not ROAR affiliated and only follow portions of the ROAR rules. What does that say for ROAR?
99% of the technical rules used at most races are ROAR rules. The non-sanctioned races adopt some of their own but almost all are ROAR.

When Scotty lists TC Modified as a class at his race, he is assuming TC Modified per ROAR guidelines. Although he leaves open a lot of room for interpretation if one was willing to take full advantage of the lack of no rules.

In my opionion, some race promotors do not want to run ROAR rules races because in some strange way they think this will take away from their glory. Instead of their race, it becomes ROAR's race. Big egos.

I get irritated with the fact that I am leaving for race in two weeks that lists a 4300 mAh battery limit. Although I am sure when I show up with my 3200 LiPo pack and try to run 19-turn (or stock) I will be told I can't.

At a ROAR race, there are no questions, the rule book is online, and we all know what to expect. That is the value of ROAR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.