Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off) >

12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Cheers guys.

The motor is a Vantage 12x2 spashett edition. very good motor, had it for over a year now.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by drivingpro
Cheers guys.

The motor is a Vantage 12x2 spashett edition. very good motor, had it for over a year now.
oh, that reminds me, how is a 12x2? i plan on buying the rheinard orion, because i love how it looks, and would just fool around on the track with a mod motor, is it decent?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Cheers guys.

bet thats fast in a 12th scale!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well here is mine. I race at the BassPro in Jackosn, MS.
Attached Thumbnails 12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)-p3060121.jpg  
Old 03-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

yeah it's an awesome motor, i've just never liked the way you solder onto these motors, very fidgety!

this seems to have more rpm and punch then my standard v2 10x2 at the same timing with the same brushes.

I've just ordered a Reedy PT 10x2, so i'll see how that goes.

My first run with my crc prostrut front end went reasonably well (it's still breaking in). Has a noticable more amount of on power steering, but has hardly any off power steering compared to the standard 12x front end, it is a lot more tunable, and I'm only running the standard setup. going to try a few things this weekend
Old 03-07-2008, 03:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here are some of my 12th scale cars...

Starting with my first 12th scale, a HB C12 with a Parma Speed8 body.

Here the car I run now, a Associated RC12L4. First body was a Protoform and the second body is a Parma Speed8 LW. It was a quick paint job because the Protoform body was smashed during the free practice on friday at the Masters of 12scale event so we simply had to make a new body without a lot of fuzz...

Grtz. Joost.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

yeah it's an awesome motor, i've just never liked the way you solder onto these motors, very fidgety!

this seems to have more rpm and punch then my standard v2 10x2 at the same timing with the same brushes.

I've just ordered a Reedy PT 10x2, so i'll see how that goes.

My first run with my crc prostrut front end went reasonably well (it's still breaking in). Has a noticable more amount of on power steering, but has hardly any off power steering compared to the standard 12x front end, it is a lot more tunable, and I'm only running the standard setup. going to try a few things this weekend
A couple guys at my local track have the same front end and I have heard that they like how much more adjusments they can make. Ill get back to you after I talk with them this weekend about if theres has the same steering characterictics as your.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Joost K.
Here are some of my 12th scale cars...

Starting with my first 12th scale, a HB C12 with a Parma Speed8 body.

Here the car I run now, a Associated RC12L4. First body was a Protoform and the second body is a Parma Speed8 LW. It was a quick paint job because the Protoform body was smashed during the free practice on friday at the Masters of 12scale event so we simply had to make a new body without a lot of fuzz...

Grtz. Joost.
hey, that blue and gold body is really nice, i plan on making mine the same scheme, what did you mask it with? i would like mine to be close to that, but a more glittery gold, and less of it, in the front.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Actually, it isn't gold but yellow. This is a scheme like the SPOON Honda cars have on them. I masked it with 6mm Tamiya masking tape for the white stripe. I used PS-1, PS-3 and PS-6 from Tamiya for the colors (white, blue & yellow).

On the Spoon cars, the blue color is in the front but I made a mistake and did the yellow in front. After painting a was pretty pleased with the yellow in front beacause it was better to see the car on te track.

Joost.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

oh, well, still looks nice. You put the tape and then cut it with an xacto? i might try liquid masking, even though it looks pretty messy and hard. I might put more white than gold, in the front though.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I place the 6mm. Tamiya tape crosswise inside the body and then I take an Xacto knife to make cut away the edges leaving the points on the white stripes. After that I totally mask the front end of the body and spray the blue, then the yellow and after that the white on the entire body including the stripes. It is a simple but effective scheme.

Joost.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13
oh, well, still looks nice. You put the tape and then cut it with an xacto? i might try liquid masking, even though it looks pretty messy and hard. I might put more white than gold, in the front though.
Liquid mask can work great it just takes some getting used too. When I first started using it I used to skimp on how many coats I put on, dont do this it makes it almost impossible to get it off. 3-5 medium coats are good and. The end results are much better then tape if done correctly, no bleeds what so ever.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

The only problem I have with liquid mask is with the thin bodies we use in 1/12th these days I end up scoring the lexan too deep when cutting the mask and weaken the body.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

and you just brush it the mask on? and does it become clear eventually, so you can see what you drew on the plastic cover and cut from there?
Old 03-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

most of them dry a kind of clear blue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.