Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diff settings?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default Diff settings?

I have a 414 M2 and was wandering if i needed to have the diff settings the same tesion ? I run on fairly loose surfaces so so was wandering what is the best settings to use?

Thnaks
Old 12-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Diffs should be as free as possible but not slip with the power of the motor. Otherwise you will melt it.

Your rear diff should always be as free as possible. The front however can be adjusted for differnt handleing, mainly on high grip carpet...
Old 12-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pheyhoe
Diffs should be as free as possible but not slip with the power of the motor. Otherwise you will melt it.

Your rear diff should always be as free as possible. The front however can be adjusted for differnt handleing, mainly on high grip carpet...
Thanks for the quick reply

So if i am on loose stuff i need to have the diffs the same tension?

Thanks
Old 12-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

i like the front to always be a little tighter than the rear. this way the front (in relation to the rear) is somewhat like a spool, and it helps to pull the front end around the corner. a looser rear will allow the rear wheels to independentally rotate easier, making the rear end more effiecent power delivery wise.

-Zac
Old 12-15-2006, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

diff setting is really depend how you drive your car, surface condition you must doing some trial & error to get the optimum diff setting. Fr tighter than Rear, Fr looser than Rear, the same tension loose or tight...