Old 11-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/newreply...e=1&p=2787653#
crying
Old 11-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DerekB
I wish there was a site online that showed all the series, because I would have tried to get them all in, but there isn't.

rctech.net - the best source for r/c racing information around the world.

ps. i have no gripes. Just pointing out some info.

have fun all and i'll see ya on the driver's stand
Old 11-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Derek I read your different responses and my e-mail.If you've heard from other series great. But the two oldest ROAR running series in the country? And I did send you the articles while you were publishing REV-UP.It's your magazine and you can publish what you want- I choose not to subscribe anymore this was my last issue.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Desolas
If it's not within walking distance of the XRC office they don't cover it is more like it.
Wes, that's not true at all. Derek flew to Seattle to cover the 24hr Enduro at SIR, and McMoney was already here as part of one of the teams. Last time I checked, that's quite a bit away from their office.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mason

ps. i have no gripes. Just pointing out some info.

have fun all and i'll see ya on the driver's stand

I'm on this forum all the time.

Do a search for me and see how many series you can pull up. There's lots of information on the web, it's just not all in one place.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Wes, that's not true at all. Derek flew to Seattle to cover the 24hr Enduro at SIR, and McMoney was already here as part of one of the teams. Last time I checked, that's quite a bit away from their office.
Obviously we cover races out in our backyard.

But over the past year I've been to

Indie, Italy, Florida, Seattle, Connecticut and a few other places. Not to mention other editors have been to Texas, NC, MN, and lots of other places. Our backyard is called the US and A
Old 11-09-2006, 07:07 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default sarcasm machine @ work..

He only came because he was told there would be punch and pie.

Also the places other than California that he's been to also have a Hooters. Interesting coincidence.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Desolas
He only came because he was told there would be punch and pie.

Also the places other than California that he's been to also have a Hooters. Interesting coincidence.

I really only came because I thought Guinness was being served there, turns out it was Guinness Book Of Records.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
It's your magazine and you can publish what you want- I choose not to subscribe anymore this was my last issue.

You mind if I step in again? Douche #2... The threats to take away business. (The real reason why track's can't survive... the selfish racer mind)

It's just a forum and it's just a magazine. What is this? Fisher-Price my first forum flame? I haven't read the XRC article but I bet there's a laundry list of clubs and organizations that didn't make the list. I'm sure we didn't because I don't advertise our club to anyone. I talked to Derek on the phone once 5 years ago. I don't expect him to remember me because THAT WAS 5 YEARS AGO. We're innovators too and doing great things with the hobby. But you choose to stoop to the lowest denominator because you're offended. Well that's your choice to be offended. You've turned what could be a good PR moment for your organization into "I race in a Black Hole and don't mind if it stays that way". Haven't you learned to make lemonade yet? It's called spin baby... and you use it to your advantage. Now you live on the easy-to-forget list.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
actually I would say that you are wrong in your statement on that.
rctech does not have a oval following or an offroad following. if you want someone to see something about Oval you post it at hank's forum Hobbytalk. and if you want like minded people to see something about offroad you post it at Sgrid, Mike Myers deal. If anybody can be considered a post whore it would be me. I post on 50 different forums from rcuniverse.com to dirtoval.com and I after running a website for 2 different series the Tristate Onroad Series TN GA AL in 2003 2004 and my own series the NashRCracer.com Nitro Offroad Series this past year I can tell you that posting just on RCtech can be very limiting. But the main thing is, I doubt any one outside of the southeast has even heard of the 2 series. as most poeple are unlike me and mostly stay in there own region. I know of the midwest series up in Wisconsin area CRL in the Michigain Ohio area and ORL over in the PA New Jersy area I think. that's only because I travel, and I search out other places to race and go to. it's all about getting the info out. but half the time I just get snipets and glimpes of info and no hard date to tell me how many people show up or what's the lap times at a particular track. it's all about promotion. something most RC tracks have yet to understand. If you want this sport to grow to you have to treat it like a true bisness and promote it with flyers in krogers parking lots and radio time. otherwise someone is just going to get ticked when their state series is not included in some track bathroom reading material.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

otherwise someone is just going to get ticked when their state series is not included in some track bathroom reading material.
Brilliant!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

shoot......ive gone to a "bar" and drank with derek.....watched a guy puke out the window( in front of derek..lol) little might have gotten on him...

seen him at every race.....and im pretty sure he doesnt remember my name...haha

but im just as bad....i work for an rc company....my memory sucks....thats why i dont work for nasa....maybe thats why he doesnt either..

*in no way am i defending derek*
Old 11-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

to say Dereks mag is trackside bathroom reading material is kinda harsh....
Old 11-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
If you want this sport to grow to you have to treat it like a true bisness and promote it with flyers in krogers parking lots and radio time. l.

whats a krogers?

also whats a bisness?

you want me to bring you tools to ohio?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

WOW.................talk about getting blown out of proportion I'm embarrassed to say that i race the Florida state series

all of this is making us sound like a bunch of Bitches

this is like starting a thread about how XRC did not pick my car for the readers ride

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.