2007 ROAR Carpet On-Road Nats @ CEFX

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Great job Josh!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Also, I wanted to congratulate ROAR on their RMT program. With any new program there are going to be issues and problems to deal with but most things were addressed, planned for and handled quite well. Everyone has congratulated the CEFX staff for a great event but I think props need to go out to ROAR and the RMT for really trying to get this program off the ground and to making this year's Nationals a great sucess!!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I hope everyone made it home safe and sound.

Congrats to ROAR, the Cyrul family, and Doug from RC Scoring Pro for putting on a great show. The new ROAR Management Team did an excellent job of running the race, and staying on schedule. It was nice to have such a thorough tech system too. CEFX Raceway is a superb facility, and the track lay out was challenging to say the least.

Congrats to all the winners. Team Xray had a great week taking all of the sedan titles! Travis is an absolute machine and his Br00d horsepower took him to the front. Great job Garret! Paulie and Dieter made it look easy in 19-Turn, and how about “The Fabulous One” with the big Mod win. In the last 6-months Barry’s won 12th Mod at Cleveland, and now Sedan Mod at the Nats. I guess that dry spell is over.

It was great seeing and helping the SpeedMerchant drivers and customers at the track. Our whole team did really well, and worked very hard for the results.

Donny Lia and his motor-man Sal absolutely rocked 12th Stock class with an amazing performance. Those two pitted across from me at the race, and if they weren’t eating a cheeseburger (Sal had to eat 35 burgers over the week), they had their heads down working on their stuff trying to make it faster. It just goes to show, that hard work pays off.

Ray ”the Natural” Darroch was able to take the TQ and 19-Turn title, even though he spent most of his time working his a$$ off trying to keep up with all his JACO/SMC responsibilities. Great job Ray!

Finally congrats to Andrew, Barry and Mike for their 12th Mod runs. The track was probably the most technical one we’ve seen in years, and it was fun to watch the Mod drivers tear it up. Hopefully, someone has video of the 12th Mod A-Mains, because that was absolutely some of the best 12th scale racing we’ve had in several years. Dumas and Blackstock (throw a little Flack & Cyrul in there too) were just blazingly quick in the mains. A big shout out goes to Mike Blackstock. In the 3rd and deciding A-Main, he probably could’ve hit Dumas on about 20 different occasions, but instead decided to race clean and bide his time. It was just awesome to watch the “ebb and flow” of the race, and the level of skill displayed by the front-runners. Congratulations to Mike Dumas for rising to the top again!

I would personally like to thank Jim Dieter for helping us out in the motor department. Jim tuned both Ray’s 19-Turn, and Mike’s Mod motor. Those two National titles are partly yours. Thanks Jim!

Finally, I would really like to thank Justin”Beavis”Johnson. Justin has been a great friend and a super hard worker over the years. Without his help, we would not be as successful as we are at these races. Thanks Driva!

Hope everyone has a great Spring!

Take care.-Bruce
Old 03-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Josh and the whole crew for the great week. I'm luck I get to race at
josh's every week but the place was a step above the rest this week!!
Josh is right after all the stories I have heard about Roar races I was very
impressed on how they ran the show. Nice Job! The RMT worked very well.

Cheer's
James
See you sunday boy's
Old 03-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by reilly
Thanks Josh and the whole crew for the great week. I'm lucky I get to race at josh's every week but the place was a step above the rest this week!!

Same here! Stosh and everyone at CEFX have helped me find the fun in racing again! I had a great time seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. Now I can see where I stack up and how much work I still need to do to get where I want to be again. Looking forward to it though!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

First of all I would like to thank Josh and his family and crew for an awesome facility to race at.....

Also the ROAR RMT seemed to be a good thing also...at first all us racers didnt know how it was going to be but after the race I and many people thought it was a success and a very good move by ROAR.

I just want to say thank you to all the people out there that have given me support thoughout the years through thick and thin. This race was very important to me. I know how much I have worked and how much support my team has given me.

It all starts with a great team and great sponsors...you all know who you are and I thank you very much.

Barry
Old 03-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Barry.. That had to be be a highlight after many years I been in this hobby. Glad I was there to witness such a strong run by you. Great run...
Old 03-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Barry congrads, you deserve it. Glad to see you ontop again.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

more pictures from sunday including the concourse competition video of mod tc and 12 and 19 12th is on the site I jsut need to link to it. check out the pictures here

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=37&page=16
Old 03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
First of all I would like to thank Josh and his family and crew for an awesome facility to race at.....

Also the ROAR RMT seemed to be a good thing also...at first all us racers didnt know how it was going to be but after the race I and many people thought it was a success and a very good move by ROAR.

I just want to say thank you to all the people out there that have given me support thoughout the years through thick and thin. This race was very important to me. I know how much I have worked and how much support my team has given me.

It all starts with a great team and great sponsors...you all know who you are and I thank you very much.

Barry

Congrats Barry
Old 03-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

CEFX track= top notch on a club day.... nats.. gggeeeessuuss that place was dialed. I said it many times over the weekend, GOOD JOB Cyruls. (and everyone who pitched in)

RMT was good.. although I have never been to a Carpet nat before, It was top notch.

Barry, your the man. I was very happy to see you win. I cant believe you wouldnt sign my baby.

Congrats to all of the champions.

KB
Old 03-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Josh and family: You guys did a great job, since I am there more than home I see how much all of you work to put on every race and especially the Nationals....we all appreciate it!

The local guys (too many to mention): while I got to race you spent hours in tech, cleaning up, staying after the races and getting ready for the next day, all the stuff that doesn't get noticed because it wasn't a problem....many thanks!

To the Roar Crew: I wasn't sure this RMT idea was going to work but I have to say it was great. You guys have set a new standard for ROAR races...thank you for a job well done!

There were lot's of highlites during the week: Some of the mains were really good racing with cars so close it is hard to believe guys can run that close together for so long. As always hanging out with my friends is what I enjoy the most and I certainly had a lot of fun up in the "Loft".

For those of you that missed it, I actually had Drew call me "Sir" and my wife "Maam". It's a long story that I won't explain!

And of course, congratulations to all the winners.

Ted
Old 03-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ted Flack

For those of you that missed it, I actually had Drew call me "Sir" and my wife "Maam". It's a long story that I won't explain!

Ted
That was the best moment of the whole week right there!! I think that is the first time Drew has been put in his place with such few words!!

EA
Old 03-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Nationals Results

What a great weekend I had in Detroit - with three straight days of sunshine. (that feels like some kinda record for this ol' shivering canuck) On the way to CEFX Raceway I had a chance to stop at Cobo Hall for the 55th annual Autorama and check out this years "Ridler Award" contenders. Amaaaaazing stuff.

The Nationals was absolutely excellent! - everything a ROAR Nationals should be. It was pretty obvious that Josh and his family had gone to great lengths to prepare for it. The ROAR RMT had things clicking like clockwork too. GREAT job by the Cyrul family, Mike Queller, Bob Ingersoll, Doug Hay, Steve Webster, and Ruben Benitez.

A big congradulations and thanks to those who made Protoform Racebodies look good on sunday with - 5 of the 6 winners using them.
Donny Lia was so impressive in 1/12th stock - holding down the TQ spot for most of qualifying, then showing he was for real with the big "W" on sunday. (ok so ...where'd he come from?)
Ray Darroch was stellar with his TQ and Win in 19T 1/12th. Likewise for Mike Dumas in his dominant TQ and A-Main win in 1/12th Mod. Very impressive. Congrats also to Paul Lemieux for his TQ and Win in 19T Touring Car. In Mod Touring car....what can ya say? "The Fabulous One" definitely showed how he got the nickname. A simply awsome display of talent by Barry Baker.

While I'm at it, I've got to throw a few kudos toward Bruce Carbone at SpeedMerchant. A clean sweep in all 3 of the 1/12 scale classes was pretty cool indeed. Good work by Bruce and Justin!
XRay's continuing dominance in the sedan classes continues to impress me regardless - business as usual it almost seems.

Hey - I for one am looking forward to the next ROAR National event.

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies
Old 03-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Dale for all the kind words......

Keep up with making the BEST bodies in the industry...I am proud to be a part of such a great company!

See you in a few weeks at Fastcats!EHHHH!

Barry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.