Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Precision RC? Reputable?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If it was me I wouldn't place an order with Precision RC, you are guaranteed to get screwed in some sort of way! If you use payal all you have todo is report it, and they will take care of it!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

First 5 orders were fine, the last one was short a $75 item and no response to emails, never again.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well.....my order came in today and everything was there. I think I placed my order Sunday night and here it is Wednesday and it's in my hands. I was really scared after reading everyone's experiences and I even started the dispute process paperwork on my Visa just incase something went wrong. I'm happy with the service and turn around time. I can't even get stuff from with in California in the same amount of time. Just thought I'd let you guys know how my order went. Happy racing to you all.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

you are one of the luckier ones.

my relationship with precisionrc started very well in the beginning. This was more than a year ago. But recently something just dosent add up.

My last order was shipped via normal airmail when I have very clearly paid for express shipping to Australia. I queried this and was told by "James" that it was a mistake on their behalf and apologised, followed with a refund offer or a store credit.

That was nearly 3 weeks ago. To this date, he has done to me what many of you has outlined in your posts. What strated out to be quick and responsive emails came to a halt. He's definitely reading my emails as I have been receiving read receipts... but chooses not to respond or act on his words.

I have tried paypal disputes to get a fair outcome... but guess what.. paypal SUCKS and will not do anything about it.. SO much for their "buyer / seller protection"

What a load of bull.

Well James, if you are reading this, you have lost me as a future customer and You will be sure that I will not be advertising your site to any of my friends who care about RC, service and ethical business practice.

You (precision rc) have had your chance to correct and fix this... but since you have chosen to ignore my correspondences.. you leave me no choice.

My previous order involved a DOA Muchmore CTX-D v2. That took about 3 months to resolve and I had to fight every inch of the way to get my money refunded. I thought I was doing the right thing by letting that one go thinking it was a one off... Boy was I wrong.. should have listened to my gut instinct.

GUYS. SHOULD YOU NOT HEED ANY WARNING WRITTEN HERE, BE VERY VERY CAREFUL DEALING WITH PRECISION RC.

end rant.

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Well.....my order came in today and everything was there. I think I placed my order Sunday night and here it is Wednesday and it's in my hands. I was really scared after reading everyone's experiences and I even started the dispute process paperwork on my Visa just incase something went wrong. I'm happy with the service and turn around time. I can't even get stuff from with in California in the same amount of time. Just thought I'd let you guys know how my order went. Happy racing to you all.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There's always some bad when there's some good. I received my order quite promptly as well. I guess when it comes to internet orders, paying by Paypal is better right? It protects your interests in the event you encounter something like this.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

nup. paypal chose to do nothing. zip. nada about the complaint. probably because the amount im after wasn;t big enough for their time or interests.

See, theres a reason why robots cant deal with human emotions.

Originally Posted by adrictan
There's always some bad when there's some good. I received my order quite promptly as well. I guess when it comes to internet orders, paying by Paypal is better right? It protects your interests in the event you encounter something like this.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I orderd my RC Parts on 5/26/08. Still in processing. I send two email no respond.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:06 AM
Tech Champion

Tht's bad...No one can help? Sigh...Sorry abt tht.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

maybe someone in Hong Kong can do some door knocking for us..
Old 06-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

this is paypal's reasoning for closing the case..

even though there's a tickbox in the complaints section about false shipping terms.

piss weak imo.

"Resolution Centre – Claim Details
We have completed our investigation of this case. No further action is required by you at this time. We have refused this claim. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal’s Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the delivery of goods, not to disputes about the attributes or quality of the goods received. We have noted your claim in the seller's record. The seller's account privileges will be limited if excessive complaints are received."

I can only hope all of you who are waiting for "processing", or waiting for refunds, or... still waiting for your goods paid with paypal, file complaints to paypal.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

update:

James from Precision RC has finally responded by email.

As i suspected, Precision RC IS having some problems with their customer services. James has admitted this.

I can only hope this time the refund will show up soon.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Good Luck on resolving the issue.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shadows
update:

James from Precision RC has finally responded by email.

As i suspected, Precision RC IS having some problems with their customer services. James has admitted this.

I can only hope this time the refund will show up soon.
I do consider myself lucky and trust me....after reading everything on this thread I tried to cancel my order but my people said nothing could be done until the amount was actually posted and if my order didn't arrive. I won't use them again though. All these stories have scared the crap out of me and I will use other shops should I need to order over seas. Thanks for the paypal update as well. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:45 PM
MSB
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by patrick
First 5 orders were fine, the last one was short a $75 item and no response to emails, never again.
You’re a lucky guy Patrick. At my 3rd order the thing went wrong. Missing items in my last order. I did never buy again from them. You should avoid this store.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Maybe James is a busy man.. I have ordered 11 times from Precision RC from 2006 until now. They are like the bank.. Everything I order always show up in a few days..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.