Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Integy Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

hi thanks for the info that i just read in your treads! i have a guestion if i used a vote meter with a 4.0 suply could i get the same results except for the interfence?

thanks!
rcshark and away!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2003, 07:58 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You could get AMP draw and that would be about it.

With the AMP draw and Voltage you could get some more info using a formula or two....

RPM is what sets this apart from other motor checkers....

Most don't do RPM....
Old 02-14-2003, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

i have a way to check the rpms ! thanks

thanks!
rcshark and away!
Old 02-14-2003, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

what would be a to high of amp draw though?

thanks!
rcshark and away!
Old 07-09-2003, 06:59 AM
Vic
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Anybody has some numbers that proved to be good on this thing, I would be very intrested on an 8T motor?
Graphitedust,
What is your experience is high amp good?

Thanx a lot!
Old 07-09-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Vic! I started this thread a while back and I get a kick out of how it comes back up every so often. Seems to me that assuming that the motor is free running, that is the motor bushings are not bound up, that a higher amp number is a good thing. I still am not sure though. My conflicting thoughts are this:

Is this device measuring the amps it takes to power the motor, sorta like how much it takes to "push" the motor? In this case a lower number would seem to be desireable.

Or does it measure how much the motor draws from the battery or how much it "pulls" from the battery. In this case a higher number would be better.

I'm still alittle confused about this in my mind. I had hoped that an electrical engineer would jump on this thread and explain it in laymans terms, but it just didn't happen.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? By the way, great to hear from someone in Budapest! I'm in the US.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:27 AM
Vic
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Since I got mine ~2wks ago there is not too much I can say, besides I was told about the con# supposedly where it is the lowest that should be your 0 timing.
I will go over the weekend and try different set-ups higher amp- lower amp and see what happens.

Graphitedust,

What was your experience on the higher amp# more tourqe or what?
If so is that a possibility that with low amp you would burn your motor?

Thanx
Old 07-10-2003, 05:16 AM
Vic
Tech Apprentice

Graphitedust,

One more thing I forgot, in terms of the higher amp# you refer to as a "good thing"does that mean it takes more power from the battery?
This is important for me, because I am using an 8T motor.

Thanx
Old 07-10-2003, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The higher the amp draw of the motor the more power is going to be sucked from the battery. I would say for an 8 turn you want a lower amp draw. For stock motors you can sometimes go by hwo many amps a motor draws to get a general idea if it'll be good or not. There is generally a certain range for the same brand of motor you want to stay in (i.e. monster stock, 9-11 amps). I have however a monster that is very fast that just pulls over 9 amps...
Old 07-13-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

AxiomB: Your numbers sound about the same as mine. I settled on using 3 volts for my standard voltage. What voltage are you using?

Vic: I've never run any mod motors on mine, so I'm not sure about the amp draw.

I would "assume" that the mod motor would draw more because there is less resistance through the motor. The wire is alot larger, more winds x2, x3,x4, and alot shorter. An 8 turn motor would be substantially shorter and larger wire than a stock motors 27 turns and smaller gauge wire.

It would seem to me that the faster a battery discharged it's energy through a given motor, the faster that motor would run. I think that would be the "good" I was talking about.

I guess I view the motor as a restriction in the circuit. The more amps that are able to squeeze through that restriction, the faster the motor would run.

Any electrical engineers out there to comment on any of this?
Old 07-13-2003, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am not sure about that graphitedust, i, for the most part, run 10 turns, and they draw close to the same amount of amps as my monster stocks. But personally I believe if you can get your amp draw low for mod motors without sacrificing (too much) performance, thats the best way to go. When i dyno my mod motors i look for peak amp draw and when i have a power curve to look at, how high the overall amp draw is on the curve. You would think that the more amps that can be pulled through the motor the faster it will be, but sometimes it just means it's inefficient. When energy from the battery goes to the motor, the energy is converted into two types, kinetic, and heat energy. The precentage of efficiency you see on dynos is the amount of that energy that is converted to kinetic energy, the other part is how much is converted to heat. So therefore the more efficiency or kinetic energy you have, the faster your motor will be...it (efficiency) is something that most people overlook, especially for stock motors. Have you ever noticed that the MVP's efficiency always is low? Then think about how hot they get...heat energy...
Old 07-14-2003, 12:55 AM
Vic
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

I tested over the week-end and my numbers were on an 8T
4V-5.2 Amp-28500Rpm and 12.4 Con the motor seemed to be very fast but so hot the + wire always melted at about 4 minutes
gearing seemed to be all right by looking at the comm. as well as the motor peaked at 3/4 of the straight.
Do you Guys have any idea what might have gone wrong?
I soldered thicker wires when I got home could that be the problem they were too thin?

Thanx!