Pro 4 on the way!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro 4 on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default Maybe I read it wrong, but are you keeping your options open about a belted TC?

like I said using old Pro 2 parts would keep design costs down. The new brushless trend will bring back the belted TC. I am certain of it. These fast/torque motors is all I can say.

In my opinion, I think the best bet would be to compete with Schumacher. Most will say the Schmacher is a great car other than it is expensive (no value) and they don't offer a sport level kit. Personally, I think HPI could make a much better car. Not only perform better, but look better and have some value. Good Luck HPI
Old 03-15-2003, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Nightbreed - you're like a stuck record - building the car you keep talking about is a backwards step. It's not going to happen. If you think the car would sell like hotcakes, set up a company yourself!
Old 03-15-2003, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

right, the pro2 already exists so if u really like it (we all know it s good car)
just use it, people are expecting to see something new (and i do believe the pro4 will be really different from all other the sd chassies) if the pro2 was the car people want, hpi wouldn t have made other cars, but no one said u can t run a pro2 or a 414 or whatever.....we want somethin' new!
Old 03-15-2003, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nightbreed----- I don't think you even know what you are talking about, The Mission is an awesome car, and there is a sport level kit, it is available in C/F and fibreglass (s1) ....... also as I posted before, just because you and a few other misinformed guys on this board beieve so, it doesn't make brushless the "wave of the future", it's just another trend....... also racers have had to settle for non-proportional throttle and a lack of brakes...... it was called the manual speed control!!!!!! I don't really believe any real racer will be willing to take a huge step backwards in preformance for that crap!!!

And keep harping on hpi building "the car of your dreams" is a waste of time, they have been working with shafts for well over a year now, so I doubt they will throw any belts in their new car.......

Besides I think HPI realizes that if they don't release something great this time their electric touring hopes will die and it won't be worth doing anything with it in the future, I don't think HPI loyals can hold on thru another lousy tourer.......!
Old 03-15-2003, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm thinking out load here so please forgive me if I offend anyone and I'm not trying to bash. My main question is this.....I understand that HPI is taking their time to make sure that the car is built correctly this time around so a release date of the end of the year is cool to get it perfected.....but why does the design team need to keep waiting for all of the other companies to release their cars to take a look at them? Is the R&D team not up to par? Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way but once the Yokomo comes out will that be the last shaft drive that is closely looked at and maybe they (yokomo) tried a certain part that HPI wasn't sure it would work so the R&D team needs to see how it works on the yokomo???? I'm just reaching here so again this isn't intended on bashing anyone just questions that I have.
Old 03-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

It's my belief HPI is looking more into suspension geometry than drivetrain right now. I mean it's a shaft car, once you decide upon which side of the chassis the motor and batteries set on there isn't much to it. Maybe shift the motor further forward in the chassis to see if you can get a better front/rear wheight bias.... Also nailing down the specific composites to be used for the different components...

The TC3 gearcases are easy to work with but I still believe someone can come up with an even quicker way to access the diffs.... Hopefully HPI will design diffs more losi style which can be adjusted w/o disassembly???

Here's a quecstion for Frank--- why has every company decided upon bevel gears in the transmissions? Why not crown gears, I mean these would allow for the transmission ratio to be variable, even an overdrive/underdrive senario......
Old 03-15-2003, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ha, your most likey right, and I'll never get that car.

Yes, I do soud like a broken record and I'll get off my soap box.

I did not know schumacher made a sport level car.

I gave up on HPI years ago and I'll stick with my Losi XXX-S. Just wait and see, it will be overpriced, continued parts trees, no hop ups and no value.

Impactplayer whats your deal about brushless? You are so anti-brushless. The Novaks system is smooth, powerful and does not require a extra battery pack. What is your point? Yes it is the future.
Old 03-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

So you have a novak brushless system?? Where did you get it? Cause from what I see Novak says they started shipping them, but Tower and horizon don't have them yet...... So please tell me how you know it is powerful and proportionall??

I think brushless is the way ofthe future for backyard bashers.... however brushed motors will be the way for racers for many years......

Mainly I am sick and tired of every thread be overrun with posts saying "brushless is the way of the future" and the fact that you didn't get any response the first 2,000 times you posted it in this thread and then keep posting agian..... and agan........
Old 03-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

VVVV VVVVV VVVV
Old 03-15-2003, 04:23 PM
Ian
Tech Regular

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
So you have a novak brushless system?? Where did you get it? Cause from what I see Novak says they started shipping them, but Tower and horizon don't have them yet...... So please tell me how you know it is powerful and proportionall??

I think brushless is the way ofthe future for backyard bashers.... however brushed motors will be the way for racers for many years......

Mainly I am sick and tired of every thread be overrun with posts saying "brushless is the way of the future" and the fact that you didn't get any response the first 2,000 times you posted it in this thread and then keep posting agian..... and agan........
Novak Brushless is already available....i'm using one and i'm not in the US....ran it only once and all i can say it's only comparable to 13-14 turn...no insane speed here..i,ll need to try more gearing option before saying Novak is slow....i also have Schulze58ce/5300 combo and it's like a 10t
Old 03-15-2003, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Default Impactplayer I have one from Tower.

I ordered one very early and I got mine a one a few daya ago. You must work for a brushed motor company. I can see why them would whine about them. My local track will have a class for them this spring. Do you want to take a bet on that big mouth of yours? I have not posted that much about the brushless motor, other than asking questions, so I don't know where your getting that from.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Well just because your track will race them mean what to me?? BTW: I donot work in the RC feild yet.... and I did say yet! However I do know a few things... only 1 company has a brushless system out that they claim is raceworthy..... Roar and IFMAR willnot sanction a new system that will allow a monopoly. Trinity has made it very clear that they wouldn't release a B/L system or even look at it.... making Novak the only one with the equiptment....

Now I didn't mention any other part of this board, however I have been reading this thread from the beginning and you have posted 4 or 5 tmes about the B/L crap.......if you want to discuss that then goto the brushless thread...... but this thread is for the impending pro4
Old 03-15-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking Did someone say pro4

Back to the Subject please...

Sooooooo any more new's on the SuPeR SpY Sh00tS on this TC..?? Yet

-Dave
Old 03-15-2003, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ya Ya Ya...

rock on Pro 4.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Come on guys, there must be some more news out there on the PRO 4?

Although there are some very nice shaft drive cars either on the market or soon on the way, I am still holding out for the PRO 4 to arrive before making a choice.

I have an upgraded PRO 3 and loads of small hardware that makes me less prone to the other makes.

Any news???

Yorkie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.