Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Sedan For Stock

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At what level are they competeting at? If you give any National level A main driver a car of course he will beat any club racer (for the most part that is). To get the T2 to be as fast as an RDX in stock on ozite with foams requires alot more driving and still isnt as fast IMO. Myself and some other drivers tried alot of things to get the T2 to work well on foam, I even ran for RC America for over a year but I could not get the car to work, not that others couldnt, however the RDX for most stock drivers as a whole has proven to be a better package. I could care less what you run, I am a total privateer when it comes to sedan these days, and as of right now the RDX is the best car to have, although I still think that if the FK04 is very close, the 05 and the T2 are probably better rubber tire cars, and probably better mod cars, but when it comes to smooth, progressive and easy to drive corner speed, the 04 and the RDX have them beat, IMO... (and all very good cars, we are talking about .1 to .2 a lap at most in diffference here, but at a big race thats the difference between the A and the back of the B or C main)
Old 08-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think that the fast guys will win or at least "A" main with most of the high end cars out there.

At my local track the top two positions were held by JRX-S in stock over about 12 Xray cars. The top guy has won with almost every make of car out there before and after that time!

So my point is, at club level try to chose a car that has parts support and PRACTICE instead of wasting your money on all the latest chassis. Just my opinion.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah......what he said.......just stay away from that XXX-S and thank us later.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello:

Thank you all for your posts.
I have had wheel time with XRay FK04 and 05. and both with a B.M.I. Chassis on both of them.
I have driven a RDX on a limited basis. not mine, not really set up for carpet either.
I have seen the TA 05 run on carpet. they look like they could really be a sleeper. I would like to see them in a big race.

JeffB:

Thanks for your input. I have been out of racing for a few years. and am looking forward to returning. I know I need track time. I guess I'll buy a belt car and start running.....somewhere.

TC3team:

My pockets are like most racers. I buy what I can afford. I need to find the right car first. then go from there. I had a TC3 for awhile, I liked it until I wheeled the FK04...still one of my most liked cars.

again thanks for all your help.

FLCL
Old 08-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Good to have you back into racing, we have lost a few over the last couple of years.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi FLCL,

I just won the BRCA BRITISH JUNIORS 27T!! OVER IN THE UK

And there really is only one car, Xray T2, reliable, easy to set up, not as expensive as RDX or Yokomo, or Tamiya, etc,

Fantastic Car!!

Luke Humphrey
2006 BRCA BRITISH JUNIOR 27T CHAMPION
Old 08-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I GOT A BMI X-RAY FKO4 I WILL SELL $160.00
Old 08-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

AE Factory Team TC3.....

Tub chassis, you can't beat this car. Use Blackstocks set-up for Cleveland the last year he spanked them all down with it.

You can find kits cheap, parts everywhere. MONEY!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you can spend the money, hands down the RDX is the way to go. Also know as the carpet crutch. Get the carpet spec with low roll centers, bumper, and black springs and good to go. Only mod would be lower the front tower and this car can win on the rug.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Personally I think the best car is the one you know how to set up and best one you can afford. Most drivers that are good can be fast with any decent car. Just buy the nicest thing in your budget and get plenty of practice both driving and setting it up, and you will happy. With that being said, I have a FT TC4 that I love, but there are plenty of great cars out there, RDX, T2, JRXS, etc, etc.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

In the last 10 months I have owned and raced:
- A.E. FT TC4
- Schumacer MI2 EC carpet spec
- Corally RDX carpet spec
- Xray T2
The T2 is my car of choice, sold everything else. Xray has built a car that's easy to work on, easy to set up, easy to drive fast and it's bullet proof.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello:

pcar952:

The Mi2ec was one of the cars I have been looking at. they seem to be one of the faster sedans at the track I sometimes go to. the T2 also looks good but the fractory rides are always faster than the rest. The RDX's are fast but seem to breake arms easily. maybe it's the track. and there is no support around here.
I guess I will have to attent a few bigger races here and see what works and wins.
in the meantime I have been given a newer XRay to run until I make a choice. (FK05). will keep looking for the right sedan for me. at least I will race during the process.

Thank you all again for all your input.

FLCL
Old 08-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FLCL

TC3team:

My pockets are like most racers. I buy what I can afford. I need to find the right car first. then go from there. I had a TC3 for awhile, I liked it until I wheeled the FK04...still one of my most liked cars.

again thanks for all your help.

FLCL
Thats the best way. I have raced mine since 2001 and I am still learning about it even now,although a change in chassis may be coming up soon,when finances allow.

It is better to go for the most modern design that you are happy with,it saves future proofing it and you are also getting the most latest design of car,typically it is lighter and stronger than the older ones too.

Choice,as ever,is huge.

Take your time in finding the right one

I race outdoors,on a low grip track and theres a Corally RDX that looks totally DIALLED every time I see it. That said,it might be totally hopeless on a high grip track,who knows.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any car will work its just a personal preference. I'm not a carpet guy. I know on asphalt. that one of our club top racers in 19 turn was working on his dad's xxxs, while at the track. He made the A. ( He runs a T2. Now he's thinking on selling it.) he would of came in second but got hacked by mistake. I was looking at the car. Don't think it would be good for carpet. as the chassis flex's to much. I seen a tao5 during our throphy race. it also flexs alot. good asphalt but not on carpet. your best thing would be to see what is your part supply will be like. Kinka would suck if you brake something and have to wait for a week to get the part. I know I'm in that boat.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hands Down

Team Associated TC3!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.