R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Where does Baker go next??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/124766-where-does-baker-go-next.html)

P-DUB 08-14-2006 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hodapp
ROFL! The time I saw Barry attend a team meeting, he turned GREEN! :lol:

I heard the same thing happen to Blackstock when he attend his first meeting :ha:

Jon Kerr 08-14-2006 07:11 PM

Congrats on the new ride Barry.

John Warner 08-14-2006 07:17 PM

Well, everybody now knows Barry will be driving an X-Ray. I'd be willing to bet that with that information alone, sales will go up!! Any takers??

Todd Hodge 08-14-2006 07:20 PM

Is there something I am missing about these "Team Meetings"? :weird:

RC Scoring Pro 08-14-2006 07:23 PM

Probably the first contract to contain a "no punch" paragraph. ;)

Looks like you got your old buddy Mike back at your pit table.

Best of luck!

sohlman 08-14-2006 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Barry, what about your other sponsors?

SHAKE 'N' BAKE!

John Sawyer 08-14-2006 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by T. Hodge

Yes, It's a Team.

GTRtuned 08-14-2006 07:58 PM

Congrats!!!

Congratulations Barry! I'm glad to hear that you're joining RC America. You have a great talent and watching you run at SoCal is always exciting even when you're driving an ill handling car. I can't wait to see you run the T2 because it's an awesome car. Not to mention, the X-ray team is awesome. Travis and Jared helped me out at the Sacramento Nats and that's what made me decide on RC America. The whole team is cool and talented. Way to go.

Antonio Sabato 08-14-2006 08:21 PM

Its probably a reference to the hole US xray team always being baked or drunk :sneaky:

sliprip 08-14-2006 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by John Warner
Well, everybody now knows Barry will be driving an X-Ray. I'd be willing to bet that with that information alone, sales will go up!! Any takers??

Probably not the only thing to go up! Someone needs to pay for these salaries...Just asked your local shop how many times their prices have gone up and how their margins have shrunk :confused: hope Barry gets the updated parts for vegas :blush:

Jimmy Jacobson 08-14-2006 08:42 PM

Too bad you won't have a chance at the KO Hater

BlackKat 08-14-2006 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Antonio Sabato
Its probably a reference to the hole US xray team always being baked or drunk :sneaky:

Naaahhhh, I don't drive an XRay anymore....LOL

Jimmy Jacobson 08-14-2006 08:43 PM

Just kiddin Good luck with your new toys

P-DUB 08-14-2006 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy Jacobson
Just kiddin Good luck with your new toys

No you're not :ha:

nf_ekt 08-14-2006 09:08 PM

There is a hole X-ray team, they dig little holes or something? Just trying to get the whole picture.

Props to Baker time to rip it up!

D Hunt 3 08-14-2006 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
There is a hole X-ray team, they dig little holes or something? Just trying to get the whole picture.

Ha Ha I get that one. :lol:

Tim W. 08-14-2006 09:21 PM

Congratulations Barry :)

slotcarrod 08-14-2006 09:25 PM

Well Baker, I called it! Congrats!! I don't feel like a sheep now. :D You must go with the best car and now it will only get better!

I can't wait to get some of your setups for the T2. They worked well for me in the past.

Good luck and hope to get you in Calgary soon! :)

Antonio Sabato 08-14-2006 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by nf_ekt

Props to Baker time to rip it up!

Sorry, my english is not so good.

Hodapp 08-14-2006 09:55 PM

hehe! Team Green! Good times.......good times......

I actually have a podcast from one of those meetings..........do I dare post it on the net? :eek:

Randy Caster 08-14-2006 10:02 PM

Barry Beltcar! hooray!

cornerspeed 08-14-2006 10:41 PM

Way to go Baker. Good luck, and I have already seen the change in you. It's really looking good for you now. :nod:

Anders Myrberg 08-14-2006 11:51 PM

Most welcome Barry! Will be fun! Anyway; What about Power & Batteries? Trinity? Truespeed? SMC? Orion? LRP? etc. Donīt let us stay up for another night :lol:

Eirik 08-15-2006 12:10 AM

I have a feeling Barry will go for Orion power! Then he and Derek can wind motors while watching the Lakers game :lol:

Frank McKinney 08-15-2006 12:53 AM

Was really funny to read the last 5 frickin' pages of this thread! :)

Congrats and good luck Barry - all the best.

daleepp 08-15-2006 07:06 AM

Barry;
Congradulations on the new XRay deal. I sincerely hope it all works out real good for you. Hope your pending motor/battery package is as leading-edge as XRay's cars are. Thanks for the call yesterday - much appreciated.

A lot of guys have been wishing you good luck here on rctech. Roger Penske has his own rather interesting definition of "luck". The Roger says luck is:"where preparation meets opportunity". Barry, after talking to you I get the feeling that you'll be creating some new luck for yourself as you continue to make good choices - in this new chapter of your career.

All the best! ;) - Dale - PROTOform

Barry Baker 08-15-2006 08:14 AM

I would like to thank everyone for all of their support.........

I cant wait to start racing with the XRAY T2 ...I know with all the support from the team and the desire to have fun racing again, this year is going to be awesome...

Now I just have to finalize a power plant deal and we off to the races....

Once again thanks for all the support from everyone out there...I cant beleive that an announcement could have been as huge as it was on the net..

See everyone at the races,

Barry Baker....Team RC America!....YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Reilly 08-15-2006 08:19 AM

Congrats Barry !

Dale I really like what you said.

Good Luck to both of you.

Mark A. 08-15-2006 08:30 AM

Congrats on the new ride Barry! I can see you will be back racing gas,which you have always done very well with.

Best of luck,

Mark Adams

Bobby Flack 08-15-2006 09:05 AM

Congrats to my new teammate Mr. Barry Baker. I look forward to working with the Fabulous one for many years. It will be surely be a lot of fun in the RC America pits with the current line up. Someone is sure to lose a lot of money flipping quarters. :D Vegas is going to be a lot of fun..!

oh, and Team Dremel, who really cares about team meetings?

b-man777 08-15-2006 09:33 AM

barry backer joins rc america

hi all:congrats barry on your new ride with x-ray no more excuses now :ha: :ha: :ha: j/k.so now that we know what your new ride is what motor and battery combo will you be using?thanks and good luck racing the rest of '06 and beyond. :cool:

Frank Root 08-15-2006 10:05 AM

Congrats Barry! Best of luck with the new rides!

Also, as for power plant I hope he joins the Team at Peak/Orion, but my guess is that he reunited with Deiter(sp?) at TrueSpeed....

Tony Vega 08-15-2006 10:10 AM

I still think he may choose Trinity for motors and batteries. Barry just needs to be sure his compensation includes Laker tickets.

Josh Cyrul 08-15-2006 10:18 AM

Barry and Team Xray - Congrats B - I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANY EXUSES WHEN YOU RACE FOAM TIRES NOW!!!....lol... See ya in Vegas!! :sneaky:

T1Raycer 08-15-2006 10:37 AM

now cant wait to see barry baker new avatar hehe!!

Later!!

gatorgirl 08-15-2006 11:16 AM

Awh good for you Barry! I'm happy for ya :) What the hell happened to that phone call by the way?!?!

John Tag 08-15-2006 11:53 AM

Now tell us whom your using for batteries and motors..LOL I bet there's a O involved..LOL

Best of luck Barry and hope to see ya winning again soon... :cool:

Fabian K 08-15-2006 02:16 PM

Congrats!!!! Barry, on your new ride, good luck for you

Fabian Kaloustian ; Brazil

Team Associated Reedy LRP JACO

Charlie 08-15-2006 04:50 PM

Have you guys ever Google'd barry baker......

http://www.octos.org/bio/baker.htm

danjoy25 08-15-2006 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie
Have you guys ever Google'd barry baker......

http://www.octos.org/bio/baker.htm

I tried googling " new Novak charger", but nothing came out. :D