Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Bar!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
For the psychological edge, just get a project box from Radio Shack, stick some LED's in it, power them with a battery and run some wires from the box to your chassis (without actually connecting them to anything). Have your buddy set your car on the grid with that box next to the car and listen to everyone on the stand ask what that thing is

A long time ago at SoCal I zip-tied an old computer RAM stick to the upper deck of my Pro 2, soldered some servo wires to it and ran them under the ESC. I called it my Biphase Switching board (or BS for short) and gave various explanations: it would collect radio interference and with my third channel I could release all the gathered interference to wreck everyone else running, etc.
that`s real clever ,like BS bit aswell
Old 08-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just got some more detailed info on this pack while i was at work today.

The pack its self is made by a company called FLIGHT POWER who have been making batteries for planes and helis for a while now. One of their packs powered an electric helicopter to victory over a whole field of IC helis in the uk 3d championships earlier this year.

The person I spoke to today didn't mention anything about cell matching and they have never matched a flight pack before so I don't think that part is true. but they did confirm that it will be released in the uk in the next few weeks and has a retail price of £78.00.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If there are made by Flight Power they should be good... A few of us at our lhs use them and all love the cells.