Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba (#MC230CR) FET Speed Controller

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 04:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Futaba (#MC230CR) FET Speed Controller

Basically, I connected the battery to the speed controller and switched it on to realise that nothing happens, no LED coming on, however i am getting a small amount of heat of the esc, which usually happened, when i say heat, i mean you can barely feel it.

Any advice on what i should do

thanks
irish racer
Old 08-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You might want to check your radio settings and wire connections. I used to have a similar ESC and it did the same thing to me. Unfortunately it burnt out and never worked again.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Check the manual for troubleshooting. Reset the unit too before setting it up again.

It says on the manual that the MC230CR can handle up to 20T motor limit. But mine always had problems of overheating and shuts down with 23T motors. Then after cooling it off for about 2 mins, it works back normally again. So I thought of a remedy and modified it. I first replaced all the stock wires, both motor and battery with 12 guage general wires. This will help absorb heat coming from the motor and batteries. Then I also installed a power capacitor and diode on the motor. Don't forget to disable the reverse function of the ESC. Otherwise, you will fry the diode. Just be very carefull when soldering the wires to avoid contact on each other. If you're not sure on what to do, let a pro do it for you. After all that procedure and modification, you're MC230CR will be able to handle motors up to 17T.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Owh really? Even with 23t motors it overheated???

Have not had any problems with my ESC before. I've sold mine already but I've used to race with this ESC.

No problem basically and its kinda good for a beginner cause its simple.