R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TC3 factory team kit (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/12246-tc3-factory-team-kit.html)

rcracer123 01-21-2003 06:28 PM

TC3 factory team kit

If you buy a TC3 factory team kit are there any other hopups to buy? are there any other hopups you NEED to buy?

Jarrod Langlois 01-21-2003 06:44 PM

there really isnt anything that you would desperatly need but some things that i would recommend are: brp or rpms wide front bumper, steering rack bearings and if your running stock class pick up some associated composite bones for 10.00 for a set of 4 to replace the aluminum ones, these are just unneeded rotating weight, the composites hold up fine in stock.

John Stranahan 01-21-2003 07:00 PM

IRS Aluminum input Shafts. They might need some light sanding to install the bearings.

Jarrod Langlois 01-21-2003 07:10 PM

i wouldnt consider them a neccesity but they are definately worth the money. very light:nod:

coolrcdad 01-22-2003 09:05 AM

Here's what we've done to ours in the past 2 years:
Essential:
- Right away replaced the kit wheel nuts with Trinity blue aluminum ones. They hold better. IRS also makes these.
- Replaced the kit ball cups with stronger RPM cups. Kit ones will pop off in a crash.
- If your kit didn't come with these, get the new AE polished hinge pins. The original stock black steel ones are no good.
- Wide front bumper if you're not a good driver. It will save your front arms.

Not essential but helpful:
- Trinity blue foam bumper. Lighter, holds up better and it's blue!
- Trinity shock bushings. Holds the shocks on better using a nylon bushing inside the top mounting hole.
- Replaced the aluminum battery strap with composite one (also comes in graphite). Conforms to battery packs better and if you hard wire your batteries, helps avoid shorts from the strap being close to the soldering tabs.
- Recently replaced the aluminum bones with composite ones. Got tired of buying new ones to replace bent ones.
- IRS input shafts
- GPM blue aluminum servo mounts.

rcracer123 01-23-2003 07:08 AM

Do you think the factory team is worth the extra 80 $ plus tires and rims over the team version for around 210? Im looking at the website and its looks like the team is the best bargain for 210, im planning on getting the duratrax streak 12 turn ESC and getting a 12 turn motor for it.

Has anyone clocked their car with AROUND a 12 turn motor?

coolrcdad 01-23-2003 07:43 AM

rcracer123,

Depending whether you will be racing and what type. The kit tires are fine for outdoors but not the best for carpet. If you think you will be buying the upgrades in the FT version, you will save money now by buying the FT versus the Team.

I work with new racers at our club, which is a carpet track. If you plan to race and haven't done it before, I would recommend against buying a modified motor first. I don't know what your skill level is or your racing experience/background. I always recommend to new racers that they start with a stock motor.

If you're set on a 12t, then I also recommend buying a Novak or LRP speed control versus the Duratrax. These are higher quality for not much more money.

Tell me more about what you plan to do withe car (race, bash, etc.)

rcracer123 01-23-2003 08:11 AM

i plan on racing and and am going to buy a stock and a modified motor and have experience in racing rc cars, but i want something thats quick so thats why i wanted the 12 turn, i will probably get a 27 p2k stock to race in stock and bash with my 12 until i get better at it, then race my 12 turn.