Search

Question with Virtual RC Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Question with Virtual RC Please

Hi Guy's
I just ordered Virtual RC and wanted to know if anyone could tell me what tamiya cars are availible in 1 /10 scale, and also how realistic is the setup section. I have down loaded the demo but does not tell much.
Any help would be great please.
Best wishes
Addam smith
Old 11-07-2006, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

Hi not sure what the exact tamiya chassis is in the sim but there is one, all the chassis are the same just got diffrent names. The setup section is really good helps alot when you come to the real thing. Great bit of kit for those winter months
Also if you can hook your pc up to a big lcd screen it's awesome
Old 11-07-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Should be for that price! :P

I miss using it but cant afford the price tag. Maybe they should have an intermediate package or something. Or maybe i shold post in the VRC thread :P
Old 11-07-2006, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Guy's
does anyone know if there is a section for 1 /10th electric in the program please
Thanks
addam
Old 11-07-2006, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pheyhoe
Should be for that price! :P

I miss using it but cant afford the price tag. Maybe they should have an intermediate package or something. Or maybe i shold post in the VRC thread :P
yeah i agree i've been lucky as i got it very early on when you could download the program for free and just by tracks as they came out, i see that you now have to by the software and then track packs in multiples of three!! I'd still say its worth it though really good stuff.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Thanks Guy's
does anyone know if there is a section for 1 /10th electric in the program please
Thanks
addam
no there's no electric section might be in the pipe line though. You could turn the sound off!!
Old 11-07-2006, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Guy's
Thanks
addam
it is in development, it is alrdy available at MACH heemstede (netherlands), which has the beta version of the electric version, with the indoor track of TOSW if i am right!! they have there 2 virtualrc pc's standing there, where you can test the new versions of virtual rc...

you can choose turns motor and gearing, nothing more yet, but they are working on it!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Version 4 will have electric as well as possibly off-road. I believe the som is still a free download, but they do offer the 10 track CD version. The 3 track packs are the same price as the tracks were individually. It is a really good sim, and VRI is in it for the long run. They are constantly improving and it is ever evolving. It is worth the initial $$$ to get the track time that it provides.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

I am so P#@sed off. I bought this because I thought you could set up electric, I do not no the first thing about setting up a nitro car. i went to the web site and found nothing saying nitro, It say's 1 /10 and 1/8. i know it's the best there is but i really wanted to use it as a set up for my electric racing.
Addam
Old 11-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

I am so P#@sed off. I bought this because I thought you could set up electric, I do not no the first thing about setting up a nitro car. i went to the web site and found nothing saying nitro, It say's 1 /10 and 1/8. i know it's the best there is but i really wanted to use it as a set up for my electric racing.
Addam
Why didn't you download the demo version first?

Changing settings etc will still have the same principals as Electric

Skiddins
Old 11-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Addam
I too prefer electric myself - however, give VRC a chance... it's actually really good, especially since you can race using your own controller. As for set-ups, the motor tuning element is really simple (non-existant) and the suspension adjustments are the same as with a EP touring car.

I am just miffed that they don't offer a version for the MAC - which is more of a graphics based system..
Old 11-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

From what I have read it is the best training aid for racing there is, I guess it is said that I will not get a chance till next year to race against Marc and Hara, Ha Ha. I am racing in the Australian EP titles at Brendale (the Brisbane Track availible with the Program)next week and I thought how good it would be to practice with out having to drive the 100 KM to practice.
I did download the demo 3 week's ago and I was amazed at the graphic's. The problem I have found is on the web site it gives no detail's of what car's and chassis are availible, I bought the controller and the adaptor so I can use both with the program.
By what they are saying there will be a EP version add on and a mac version next year. And a off road.
Thanks Guy's I will keep you posted on how it is, It should arrive today so I will give you a good write up on the performance and detail's of the Virtual Rc program.
Thank's
Addam smith
Old 11-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

I bought the sim, I as well like electric better. But having the radio in my hand more is the most important thing. Then I think learning suspension and shock setups comes in a close second. Like duckman said there isn't much about engine tuning on there. It's a good sim. What I'd like to see is obviously electric but the ability to build your own track. Then you could really consider it just as good as being at the track. It's available in several video games like Far Cry. Just an idea...
Old 11-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Bit late to start practicing for the nationals

Forget its nitro only at this stage, that has little to do with it. Any wheel time is better than no wheel time. The Brendale track used at the Nationals next week will be a shortened version to whats available in the VirtualRC game.