Wiki Posts
Search

which set-up board.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default which set-up board.

I am going to be racing at the club level soon and was wondering which set up board should i get for my xray t2 and why. what parts exactly should i get i know theres the ultimate kit and then theres the set up board and other things.
i dont want to pay the 300 for the ultimate but maybe in the 250 range.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Do you mean setup station instead of a setup board? Because I use a $5 glass cutting board for my work.

For a setup station, I use the Eagle Models/Integry setup station. Seems to work well and do what I want.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

i mean like station not just i plain board. what do you think i need to adjust my camber and toe and caster and all that and to remove tweaks from my chassis.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

yeah just get a integy/eagle station and a digital caliper.

there is the $300 Hudy one. i seen it, looks great but i dont think you need it.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Hudy board and Integy setup station works just fine for me. I plan on getting the new tweak plate, so no need for a tweak station anymore. The other "fancy" thing you can get are digital scales to check your weight balance.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tweak Station

I just bought the Hudy All in One Set-up Solution and have been happy with it. Every time I use it, it feels like my car is balanced and easier to drive. It makes everything more consistent like going down the straight away or even making turns to the right or left. If you don't want to spend the 3 bills, than buy the Hudy board and put a measurement sticker on one side, flip it over and use the clean side for more precise measurements. The Set-up system (camber gauge, or stands) is a must. If you're too lazy to use the 4 stands, just set up a pair of stands and do the front end first than the back. Buy those big screw-on nuts because it's a pain to screw on the wheel nuts to the camber gauges. Also the tweak station is nice. After I do my complete routine, I set the car on the tweak station for the final check. It never lies. If it's off, back to the work station.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

what do you mean by a "tweak station" ?
Old 07-11-2006, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Team Magic also has an awesome set-up arrangement.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

there are great deals on ebay for setup systems got my brand new hudy (transparent) system with trinity board (transparent) for about $60 shipped. picked up an aluminum case for about $30 and i have the hudy ultimate setup system "clone" for less than $100

team magic has a new one out and it also looks good.

the new one from integy sells for about $120 and (board, 1 pair setup blocks, 1 pair setup wheels) it comes with a carrying case.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Berkky
what do you mean by a "tweak station" ?
This is a tweak station - http://www.miponline.com/pdf/MIP_2006_Catalog.pdf - page 2, top right hand corner.

The tweak station help you adjust you car so there is even weight on the wheels.

If your looking for a custom pit board, make sure you check out B2 Designs - http://students.philau.edu/BAHNATKA2/bsquared/ . Stevie makes some very nice pit boards.