R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   which EP touring kit to buy? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/120309-ep-touring-kit-buy.html)

BOSS 07-04-2006 07:01 AM

which EP touring kit to buy?

Hi Guys,

I am looking to get a EP touring 1/10. Trying to choose btw Team Associated TC4, XRay T2, and Yokomo drift. Any suggestion?

Also do I need special gears/ motor etc in order to do drifting?

Cheers, guys!!!!

stefke 07-04-2006 07:40 AM

A 17 or 19 turn motor will be OK for drifting. Also get some drift tires, soft suspension springs and oil, unless you get the Yokomo drift where those are included in the kit. Also try to get a 0° rear toe-in brace.

I use my old TC3 for drifting because the closed drivetrain requires less maintenance compared to the open drivetrain of the JRX (or the XRay in your list).

Jochim_18 07-04-2006 09:28 AM

I'll go with YOKOMO I believe they are the first one who realease the drift series RC car.

If you primarily just going to do some drifting shaft drive car is the way to go co'z you need the torque to spin those tires. If your in a budget you can get a used TC3/TC4 racer kit Or a YOKOMO CGM I mention this cars co'z they are molded tub chassis and stifff chassis is better when you go drifting co'z they don't flex.

For motor I'll go between 10 -12 turn thats what basically a lot of guys are using for drifitng again you need a motor with lots of torque and RPM to spin those tires.

Slotmachine 07-04-2006 09:52 AM

There's one you didn't mention.....Corally RDX. It`s very good on Asphalt and carpet.

vtl1180ny 07-04-2006 09:59 AM

Are you going to be doing this on an unprepared parking lot or the street???

If so DO NOT get a Carbon Fiber chassis car or a Belt Driven car!!!!!

Get the TC4 or the Yokomo CGM....

Don't get the Yok Drift car, it's the same car as the CGM with cheaper plastic and different wheels....

andsetinn 07-04-2006 10:52 AM

You don't need any special motors to do drifting.

What car to choose depends on if you only go drifting (then buy the Yokomo) or if you also want to race the car. If you also want to go racing the other 2 are better choice. TC4 has mostly enclosed drive train and is really good car but it doesn't like walls and shows it's displeasure by frequently braking parts after encounter with one. The T2 has better fit and finish of parts, it's also stronger but usually more expensive.

buzz06 07-04-2006 01:56 PM

If your wanting to do drifting get the yokomo drift :p

sorry but that is stating the total obvious! :rolleyes:

hpipro321 07-04-2006 06:24 PM

ya i woulnt get a nice tc just for drifting
go with the yokomo kit
ps i know someone who is selling one

Wicked-Wayz 07-04-2006 10:03 PM

Tamiya has a drift specific car on the market. Great company the price is also affordable. I am looking at getting it just for drifting.

Peace Aaron(W-W)

BOSS 07-05-2006 06:25 AM

How many battery packs on average?

Cheers guys. Seem like Yokomo would be a good choice for driftZZZZ. I saw the CGM in my local shop. Excuse me, how many battery do you normally bring to the track or parks? I heard someone bringing more than 10 packs, cos the batt can't be used more than 1 time per day. Is that right?

:weird:

vtl1180ny 07-05-2006 07:23 AM

Get the Yok CGM (trust me, I have one...) It's the exact same car as the Drift car made with better materials.... The only thing you'd need to get or make are the drift tires...

buzz06 07-05-2006 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by BOSS
Excuse me, how many battery do you normally bring to the track or parks? I heard someone bringing more than 10 packs, cos the batt can't be used more than 1 time per day. Is that right?:weird:

where is this info coming from lmao, used once a day! :p :lol: :smile:

BOSS 07-05-2006 08:07 AM

from someone in the local shop...is it not? so how many batts u need. R they being "professional" I just wanted an EP car for street racing, that's all..not for serious racing. I am a off-road truck guy!! :tire:

:confused: :weird:

buzz06 07-05-2006 03:34 PM

well if your using it in the street I would say about 3 sets at tops, 2 would be enough, depends on what charger you are going to be using. Quick charger or Slow one?

7 celler 07-05-2006 07:54 PM

I really like my Yokomo. But its the first sedan I ever had. But the guys I know who have them do well racing.