R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   which EP touring kit to buy? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/120309-ep-touring-kit-buy.html)

savageguy 07-05-2006 07:57 PM

theres a new Kawada drift kit coming out i would wait to see that, its the same as the Sigma 2, just not carbonfibre, sposed to be the best car for drifting as its 50/50 balanced.

thedudeaturdoor 07-05-2006 10:39 PM

DONT GET THE DRIFT KIT!!!
the hop-ups are too much, unless u live in cali are are going to do the yokomo drift thing
they ony thing good about em is the bodies

get a shaft car, like a tc4, or a tt-01
then get some 2in (iner diameter) ABS and cut it to fit on some rims,
use a high turn motor, like a stock or a 19 at most

thedudeaturdoor 07-05-2006 10:40 PM

the cgm is good, in my earlyer post i ment the "Drift kit" as of the other yokomo kits are nice
i would have one
but parts are sold at my local HS

skamolly 07-06-2006 01:27 AM

corally RDX! i love it since i got it. :lol:

PerformanceRC 07-06-2006 02:04 AM

Generally drift kits are over priced cheap kits...best to buy the drift tyres and even the yok drift bodyshells seperately .
The yokomo drift kit i bought new was a mistake .
They break very easily and are expensive to upgrade, go CGM.
A 540 can 20t motor is the cheapest and easiest for drifting.
Batteries will lose performance if used more than once a day.
Any serious racer will only use a battery once in the same day as it truly does effect performance and battery life.
Depends how much you spend on battery pack.
People still use old 1700nicads and have no worries and great cheap fun.
As a basher drifter you wouldnt notice the difference if you charged 6 times a day.
Even though i am biased i would recommend an STR4 PRO2 as they are the same price as the yok drifter but a fullon PRO car that is stronger and cheaper than most.
Alos its easy to make drift tyres...since when was a round peice of plastic worth so much.
It all really depends on local parts support.
TT01 is the cheapest and most regular drifter i see....even though i think they are outdated.
The sprint is a good intro car but belt drives generally mean more maintenance than fun time if you are a basher
And remember.... good bearings make a difference

Nicadrauspro4 07-06-2006 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by BOSS
Hi Guys,

I am looking to get a EP touring 1/10. Trying to choose btw Team Associated TC4, XRay T2, and Yokomo drift. Any suggestion?

Also do I need special gears/ motor etc in order to do drifting?

Cheers, guys!!!!

You also might want to consider the HPI Sprint or Sprint 2. There are tons of upgrades and hop ups for this kit. In case you want to race it on the streets or on the track, it also has HPI & aftermarket upper and lower graphite chassis and graphite shock towers available for it. The Sprint is HPI's drift car too. You can find cheap 2nd hand units for sale in this forum and at ebay. Lastly, the sprint is a very sturdy car. Its parts are durable and easy to replace that is not quite expensive. Just a suggestion.

:nod: :tire:

Faiz 07-06-2006 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by BOSS
Hi Guys,

I am looking to get a EP touring 1/10. Trying to choose btw Team Associated TC4, XRay T2, and Yokomo drift. Any suggestion?

Also do I need special gears/ motor etc in order to do drifting?

Cheers, guys!!!!

get yokomo drift,
for playing only get TL01 or TT01,