Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It arrived!!! erm what is it again??? lol

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

yipee im not sure exactly how fast this thing goes ive added a good 5mph maybe more and lift off speed is crazy but good old slicks kept it glued to the tarmac as its so hot today
Old 07-01-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

go kick some ass
Old 07-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Keep checking the motor temp during the run. It can get so hot that it melts the motor mount...
Old 07-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

yer it gets hot as!!! phew well i am running it gentley only on full for a bit . can i get a metal motor mount for a tl-01 and is it woth it. i dont know how much faster i should make it go cos it seems crazy fast to me.

Ball bearings?? how far does the car need to be stripped to get to them all and finnaly where can i get a battery clip cos one side of mine was missing when i brought it!!!

cheers guys and as the guy said somewhere above, i will kick ass cos my mates min was a very close race whan bone stock and my other freind is getting a TL-01 thats got a faster 540 motor but nothing special!!!

it feels good when you open a case of whoooppppp ass
Old 07-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

You bought a peice of poop..
Old 07-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nmt6789
It's no wonder we don't get and hold more racers. He got a car he didn't pay an outrageous price for. He's learning how it works, how to upgrade and how to drive. He seems to be having a GREAT time. We should all remember why we got into this.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Thanks yer its cost me less than £100 thats sterling for the lot so far and yes its my first real rc car that isnt a NIKKO etc jobby

car is great fun im getting my mate to get one similar so we can race about and well as for my mate with the mini i think he's a little reluctant to come and race about as his will be slow as poop compared to mine, but thats cool cos mine was that speed for about 2 days.

and if i brought a pile of poop!! its the best dam poop i have ever owned
Old 07-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

gotta start somewhere

bearings are important
Old 07-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

yeah ignore those who said u bought a piece of poop,etc just coz they have an Xray.all that matters is u have fun with it.that's what this hobby is about.that's why we all love it.u don't need to pay 300usd for a car kit ALONE to have fun.ur 100pounds TL-01 can serve u with as much fun as those 300usd ones.it's even nicer when u have friends to play around with.if i were u,first thing to do,upgrade to bearings,to squeeze a little bit of run time,and some higher capacity battery so ur fun can last longer enjoy!!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I started out with the same chassis, and its a great car. Amost indestructible, which was great for me.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by creamsodauk
Thanks yer its cost me less than £100 thats sterling for the lot so far and yes its my first real rc car that isnt a NIKKO etc jobby

car is great fun im getting my mate to get one similar so we can race about and well as for my mate with the mini i think he's a little reluctant to come and race about as his will be slow as poop compared to mine, but thats cool cos mine was that speed for about 2 days.

and if i brought a pile of poop!! its the best dam poop i have ever owned
We all start off with a low end car and grow with the hobby from there. It's good to hear your having fun. Keep enjoying yourself.

I still have my first actual racecar(HPI Pro2). It is now tricked out (gleams with lots of upgradesAnd purple aluminum) as a shelf queen. Wouldn't sell it or trade for a new top of the line car. Currently I race a XRAY T2, but still enjoy having my older car to remember what it was like when you first start out.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

I know some on here wont like this reply!

nmt6789 your an asshole!

Shane and to all I apologize but you have a young Rc'er that wants to enjoy RC. He is asking us for help, and nmt6789 bashes him! Some people can drive a Ferrari and some can only have an old beat up transportation ( toyota tercel, renult lemans,what ever small car) And it doesnt make you better. So do the whole Rc community a big favor save your post for your personal enjoyment if you like.
We need all the newcomers to stay, even though he is from another country. Others Rc scene affects us here also.

To all those from foreign countries I apologize, not all Americans are idiots. Some of us do have courtesy , and repect for others!

Hector Garcia.

Moderators if you edit this I understand!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

'idiot'

anyways you live in croyden correct?
if so there are some local clubs,cant remeber web address but pm a bloke called mr jolly on here and hel guide u hjehehe
Old 07-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Talking BIG smoley face

Thanks guys

bearings are on their way as for a battery im going on holiday this thursday so will wait until after to get one (any idea what to get i have a 30 min fast charger and a 15 turn limit esc if that helps)

i wont call the other guy an idiot he is right to express his opinion, even if he is a looser and probably has parents that spoil him rottern theres nothing wrong with that
Old 07-04-2006, 01:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking

my advice would be to get another car that is a very old chassis now i would suggest a mission as they are very strong for a noob and wiring your speedo will not really destroy your motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.