Search

monster pro+XXXS GP+socal = gearing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 10:13 AM
Suspended

Default Re: Monster Stock

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

Try the RED spring on BOTH sides. On my Dyno it was good for over a 1 watt increase in power.
I haven't experimented with brushes yet so there may be more to gain. I'm also going to re-check the armature balance as I think it is off. Should be able to reduce the spool-up time with a correctly balanced armature.

so whats the down side of this setup? if there isnt any, trinity would have been doing that for a long time! im quite sure trinity only hires motor expert to build their motors so experimenting with brushes is nonsense, its just a waste of time. trinity has more advance machines that experiments these stuffs. so all u gotta do is.... buy a 4499 brushes, get the red and green spring combo like what the manual says. easy as that. if u see any different results on ur experiment, it either has a downside or it simply a waste of time becoz as i said, trinity would have been doing that for a long time if it really works. they have more knowledge, period.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, we tried to help and that's all we can do. It's up to you to do whatever you choose with our advice. To each his own.

"Watcha eating tonight? low-main again?"

"What it 'B' like?"

Like I said, I'll buy your motor for 10bucks if you think its useless. Or you can listen to our advice and just do it. Would we lead you astray?
Old 01-13-2003, 10:31 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by rtypec
Well, we tried to help and that's all we can do. It's up to you to do whatever you choose with our advice. To each his own.

"Watcha eating tonight? low-main again?"

"What it 'B' like?"

Like I said, I'll buy your motor for 10bucks if you think its useless. Or you can listen to our advice and just do it. Would we lead you astray?

ur 10 bucks is only worth two pinions. two pinions is all i need to set a perfect ratio for socal.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm glad you didn't take me up on the $10 dollar offer. Just stick with the monster and find that magic gearing. Also use 4499's (or the newer brushes, don't have the #) and try trinity black springs on both sides (i think black is the same tension as red) but it works for me.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Suspended

hey maybe we can meet at socal? im the guy with the orange alpha with a big NOVAK sticker on the hood. do u know brian? most of the time i sit next to him.