Wiki Posts
Search

New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
The car looks good for asphalt. But what about carpet? The chassis looks to have a bunch of flex.
I have only run it on carpet once with a PRO4 a Xray T2 Yokomo MI2 and a TC4 on the track we ran one race with stock motor 19T and one with Mod 10T.

Yes on asphalt the car is Fast! but when we go indoors we ad 2 Aluminum post and a New 3mm upper Chassis plate to take out the Flex and it did good Real good.

We may offer a 3mm lower Chassis but I do not feel it needs it and for now the upper Chassis and posts for carpet should do just fine!

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 06-06-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Nice car—I'm anxious to see how the Passat body will work. It's about time that we have a touring car body that LOOKS like an actual race car.

I'm looking forward to seeing one of these cars (and the F1) in person.

doug
Doug I will post when I will be at the local tracks ok just check the website from time to time.

I would like to finish our 4X4 Dirt Buggy first!
Old 06-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I would like to support the small guy, I will order a kit for myslef. I think you have the right idea and I am all about supporting a new manufacture that loves this sport and trying to make it better

Also, All you racers out there F-1 Rocks let's get back into 2 wheel racing!!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Thanks GI-Joe
Old 06-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Marty do you have someone running this at the on-road nats ? if so who?

And you need to bring this baby out to IRP so we can see it run. There is a good crowd for asphalt running on sunday and also a nice group running inside on sunday on the rug, getting ready for the indoor season already.

Bring it out
Old 06-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

wallstreet

I will as soon as I get most of my orders out for cars I will bring one of everything and all of you out there can run them after I do
Ok we will see you out there at IRP I need to make some more parts.
For F1 cars and 6 orders for F1 cars.

I will post it on my website and in the forums at IRP and here when I will be out there to run ok I look forward to it!!

as for the on-road nats no I wanted to but I didn't finish this car till lastnight I will need to get a hold of my Factory Driver I think he was planing on running something else this car was not going to be done till next week.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
I have only run it on carpet once with a PRO4 a Xray T2 Yokomo MI2 and a TC4 on the track we ran one race with stock motor 19T and one with Mod 10T.

Yes on asphalt the car is Fast! but when we go indoors we ad 2 Aluminum post and a New 3mm upper Chassis plate to take out the Flex and it did good Real good.

We may offer a 3mm lower Chassis but I do not feel it needs it and for now the upper Chassis and posts for carpet should do just fine!
Just to add: the angles of the shocks seam too agressive for high grip racing.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

They are on the mid hole for the tower and inner hole on the arms.
Plus that is why we have a Factory driver testing it over the next month!.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i just want to make sure i understand. how much of this car do you manufacture yourself or sub out, and how much of it is "off the shelf"? and what parts? thanks..
Old 06-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Mr. Peterson -
By the design, is this bottom roller bearing are supposed to avoid belt touching the pivot block?

well IMO this would increase friction on rear drivetrain and at the same time reduce rear belt lifetime,

why dont you cut the pivot block into 2 piece as losi does on XXX-S and JRXS, this is easiest solution,
Attached Thumbnails New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP-mlp-rear-pivot-block.jpg  
Old 06-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nice to see a touring car that is really made in USA. When is first shipment I'm wanted to get one.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Faiz
Mr. Peterson -
By the design, is this bottom roller bearing are supposed to avoid belt touching the pivot block?

well IMO this would increase friction on rear drivetrain and at the same time reduce rear belt lifetime,

why dont you cut the pivot block into 2 piece as losi does on XXX-S and JRXS, this is easiest solution,

Did you see the belt roller just ahead of the spot? I am sure that a little material removal that would be even less. I would not worry about it by the looks of it.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Did you see the belt roller just ahead of the spot? I am sure that a little material removal that would be even less. I would not worry about it by the looks of it.
of course it ahead the spot to prevent interfence with those block

1st > I'm pointing toward the layout of the roller that will directly add wrap around angle of belt on rear pulley, then it would add some unnecessary friction IMO

2nd > look at Cyclone's center pulley, its closer to rear pulley, then belt have more steeper angle toward chassis, there's enough space but still it have thinner block to avoid interference,

now, on Mr. Peterson's car, mid pulley is far forward than Cyclone, thus belt angle is flatter to the chassis (compare to cyclone), then this would need not a little BUT more cut off than cyclone does..

Didn't you see that?
Old 06-07-2006, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with what Faiz pointed out, the roller bearing seems to add too much tension in order to keep the rear belt clear from the pivot block. I for one prefer a one-piece pivot block, unless you go with the Xray style eccentric hubs. You could shave a narrow channel where the belt would pass through, but what if you want to raise the pivot block? I think that in addition they should move the pivot block forward enough that there is enough clearance for the belt. Then there would be room for wheelbase adjustment anyways using shims. Just some thoughs

Also, is it just me, or is the spur gear mounted somewhat higher up than most of the current touring cars?
Old 06-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Tech Master

I am aware of the belt and lower plate and this is a prototype first of all!

Next everyone could see it and as for most I am 99% sure they know this is a proto type.

Next I had been working for over 42hours with no sleep next I did not want to situp and change out the mill fixture and machine some more I told people I would post picks in an hour ok.

I my self would go with dodgeguy! but here you go!

See pictures please

So here

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 08-03-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.