Wiki Posts
Search

New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gijoe64
Dude Your a tool! This is the most refreshing car to hit the market and he is up against some heavy competition, give him a break.

I'm might be a "TOOL" but you have no clue what you are talking about. You called this car "Refreshing" in what way? WOW multipul battery positions Look up XRAY EVO 2 about 4 years ago. The guy is modifing a OVA car and you guys act like he's reinventing the wheel. When I first saw this thread I was impressed and pleased with what Marty was doing but the more I read and the way that he changed his mind about the design every 5 minutes has really disapointed. If you want to build a better car that's great I wish you nothing but the best, but do some research and testing. Marty seems like a smart guy (probably smarter than me) but he showed us a prototype that had it ever been tried would have run backward.

I would love to see a small guy like Marty build something that would stick it to the big guys. If you remember 5 years ago Hudy made Tools (like me ) now he's one of (if not) "The Big guys". My advise is build something and test it learn what works and what doesn't.

Roly
Old 06-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Marty and Jonn are great..they answer every single pm and email...thanks guys..oh teamlosi10..you took my avatar??
Old 06-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
I'm might be a "TOOL" but you have no clue what you are talking about. You called this car "Refreshing" in what way? WOW multipul battery positions Look up XRAY EVO 2 about 4 years ago. The guy is modifing a OVA car and you guys act like he's reinventing the wheel. When I first saw this thread I was impressed and pleased with what Marty was doing but the more I read and the way that he changed his mind about the design every 5 minutes has really disapointed. If you want to build a better car that's great I wish you nothing but the best, but do some research and testing. Marty seems like a smart guy (probably smarter than me) but he showed us a prototype that had it ever been tried would have run backward.

I would love to see a small guy like Marty build something that would stick it to the big guys. If you remember 5 years ago Hudy made Tools (like me ) now he's one of (if not) "The Big guys". My advise is build something and test it learn what works and what doesn't.

Roly
I will not reply you have your thoughts I have mine! and I told you in the message to you and it explaned it all.

ok I was worng I will reply!!!!

Plus I test as much as I can but making F1 cars and now going into touring cars and a buggy do not give me much time for anything.
I do this for about 18hrs a day 7 days a week ok.

so where is the time for testing? SO
I need input from my drivers and other people that can help there is nothing changed but the front motor mount chassis the part would be to big and it would not work with the setup in keeping the car light! so it will not be made.

I am doing the best I can with the Funds and Machines I have to make cars! and it is not alot!!!! So show me some Respect Please.
or say something that will help or just let it be ok!

I am tryin' to make a dream come ture! that is all!

Tell ya what Roly come on by check out what we are doing and what we plan on doing ok.

MLP Motorsports Int
370 Hamstead Ct
Roselle IL 60172

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 06-12-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
I will not reply you have your thoughts I have mine! and I told you in the message to you and it explaned it all.

ok I was worng I will reply!!!!

Plus I test as much as I can but making F1 cars and now going into touring cars and a buggy do not give me much time for anything.
I do this for about 18hrs a day 7 days a week ok.
I do not have alot of money nor a big Machine shop I work out of my house!
so where is the time for testing? SO
I need input from my drivers and other people that can help there is nothing changed but the front motor mount chassis the part would be to big and it would not work with the setup in keeping the car light! so it will not be made.

I am doing the best I can with the Funds and Machines I have to make cars! and it is not alot!!!! So show me some Respect Please.
or say something that will help or just let it be ok!

I am tryin' to make a dream come ture! that is all!
Hey I'm not dissing you.

One I asked why do you keep comparing your cars suspension to a XRAY T1R. You never answered.

Two I was responding to a guy who is calling me names cause I asked the questions.

Three my comment about testing is because I know you haven't done much. I've been reading this thread for a few days and in that little time you've posted more changes than I can remember. Why do you change design if you haven't tested the previous? I know that in the 20 minutes from your previous change you didn't have time to test and see what difference you changes have made.

If you had read my post (wich I don't think you did) you would have seen that I praised your efforts and wished you all the best, but now I'm reconsidering that
Old 06-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

1 I did Reply ok

2 sorry just thought it was me you were busting on.
I get all I can of that in pms and emails.

3 Jonn our Driver has a car one way and If I come up with something we talk it over and then we go with that ok (PROTOTYPE) I can change it 400 times in the next hour if I want to but the Final car will be what it is the best Jonn and I can come up with.

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 06-12-2006 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
Because it is the only one I have together right now
I am not showing it to compare to any car a person had asked me to compare it to something else because the camber links looked kinda high and in another PM one asked me to put it next to this car because it was what he had!

I will not compare my car to any other car for it is not Built like any other car!
Oh and I am not bargain about anything I never said Oh here is an old Xray and here is our car so why would you ask a Question like that ?

did that work for you
The Answer as posted before!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

So maybe we should call these hybrid cars ?

Lets see we cut the Carbon carbon fiber and the layout of everything on the chassis we made the battery hold downs we Machined all the Aluminum even the pivoit blocks and the Diff Blocks we cut the Shock towers.we also made it so you can move the motor forward and give it a better weight balance front to rear! or move it back into the sandard setup.

we used a OVA car for my base!
we used the PRO4 arms.
we did copy the HPI Pivot blocks
we did use a Tamiya steering and a HPI Steering (we are going with our own)
we did use Yokomo CVD's they are the best ! I think.
we did use a Tamiya Diff and a Yokomo diff
we did use a Yokomo one way (here is a picture of the one I made)
we stated at the start this is a Prototype. and it is and the Final car will have the best of what we make.
I said it would come with an extra upper plate for carpet and maybe a new lower if it is needed but i feel it will not need it.

Now The (JConcepts) used a TC3 and a AE Buggy and won the worlds. with a 4X4 buggy I for one thought was sweet and the best thinking I have seen behind it.
do any of you go to them telling them it is a TC3 turned into a buggy and bash them?

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 08-03-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Every car has elements of some other car in it. Development comes from innovation, testing, and the sharing of ideas. Not saying that we at MLP copy anyone's cars (far from it), but of course certain things are going to be similar. MLP cars are built as pure race machines, one at a time, and as I said previously, they have everything you need and nothing you don't. This car will compete with the best of the best, and as Marty said, we will let the results speak for themselves.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Personally, this looks like a real winner!!! Full Stop!!!

Paul
Old 06-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the compliment! This car is awesome, and at sweet price. With everything MLP R/C Motorsports INT offers, how could you go wrong?
The MLP X10P4 IS a winner, born and bred.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Even though I have just swapped from the Pro 4 to the BD, I'm very tempted to go with the X10P4.

The UK is dominated by far too many 'main' manufactureres and I would love to have the chance to run this car. Any chance you guys would suppose a guy in the UK to get yourselves some more exposure?

Kind Regards
Paul Webster
Titanium Racing Ltd
Old 06-13-2006, 05:39 AM
Tech Initiate

As far as team drivers are concerned, applications may be found on the MLP website. Fill one out and send it to us, and we will let you know if we are interested. Just so you know, every MLP Team Driver must pay the cost of their vehicle. Thanks for your interest, this car is sweet!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just gotta say!!!

IDIOTS!!!!!

Why go on about it being a copy???

All the cars copy each other!!!!

Look what happened when a 415 won the worlds... Now they ALL look the same!

Why bitch about someone taking the best bits and making a sick car? I would think you would be asking where do I order it from....

2 things I don't like....

1) Where r the dogbone blades to minimise outdrive/dogbone wear?

2) Y is the no optional lengths for the upper arms inboard on this car... this is one of my most comon fine tuning options that I use.

Looks great tho.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dragonfire, While I agree it would be useful, Vertical is more of a fine tuning of chassis roll. Now if you look at the plates that Marty is making there is room to add further holes for the option of length on the upper arm. It is prolly a revision you will see on a later production model.

Again remember you are seeing a car being developed in the public eye on the internet. Most of the chatter you hear and pictures you see are done behind closed doors and private email. Look at Associated with the TC3 project and their latest belt car.

Looks good Marty, I replied back from yesterdays email. Hope the testing is going well Jonn.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I just gotta say!!!

IDIOTS!!!!!

Why go on about it being a copy???

All the cars copy each other!!!!

Look what happened when a 415 won the worlds... Now they ALL look the same!

Why bitch about someone taking the best bits and making a sick car? I would think you would be asking where do I order it from....

2 things I don't like....

1) Where r the dogbone blades to minimise outdrive/dogbone wear?

2) Y is the no optional lengths for the upper arms inboard on this car... this is one of my most comon fine tuning options that I use.

Looks great tho.

1) Good point something missed we will look into it.

2) Theres is on the upper carbon fiber plates that mount on top of the upper Chassis that mounts to the bulk heads. 3 holes front 2 holes rear plus you can flip them to get another angle on them but testing we may find we need more!

Thank you for your input.

www.mlpmotorsports.net

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.