Wiki Posts
Search

The FT TC4 Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Slop has been a problem with AE cars in the past. They have gotten better. The transmission cases used to need to be blueprinted to run smooth. We did all sorts of crazy things to get a TC3 ready back in the day. It's gotten much better though. My FT TC4 requries no shims anywhere and I am very particular about slop in my car.

XRay, Corally and maybe Schumacher (I've never onwned one of those) may have a slight advantage in the quality dept but AE has one thing that not one of those cars has...parts on the shelves in the local shops.

I agree, it's about driving style and setup. Of course driver talent comes in no where here...it's all about the hardware

I'm looking forward to the AE's new belt car as well. It will have one thing that none of the other current belt cars will have (except maybe the JRXS), parts on the shelf at the local shops here. That counts for a lot.
And their parts don't cost an arm & a leg
Old 06-27-2006, 02:22 PM
X2
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Slop has been a problem with AE cars in the past. They have gotten better. The transmission cases used to need to be blueprinted to run smooth. We did all sorts of crazy things to get a TC3 ready back in the day. It's gotten much better though. My FT TC4 requries no shims anywhere and I am very particular about slop in my car.

XRay, Corally and maybe Schumacher (I've never onwned one of those) may have a slight advantage in the quality dept but AE has one thing that not one of those cars has...parts on the shelves in the local shops.

I agree, it's about driving style and setup. Of course driver talent comes in no where here...it's all about the hardware

I'm looking forward to the AE's new belt car as well. It will have one thing that none of the other current belt cars will have (except maybe the JRXS), parts on the shelf at the local shops here. That counts for a lot.
I think you can blame you're distributors for the parts issue.
Over here (UK) I can get hold of any Xray part I wish. However when it comes to Tamiya parts.... The distributor for Tamiya here only seems interested in cheaper RTR kits and models so most of the racers have to import.