Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 REEDY RACE

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So how did the Magic Man himself do on his return to racing?
Old 05-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Reinhard's dad (who just signed up for RCTech today) stated on a German board, that Hara and Marc hab a gentlemen agreement, not to use new tires in on of the rounds.
When Hara was clearly faster in this round, Marc asumed that Hara had put new tires on despite the agreement and got majorly p.o.'d.

He was talking about the end of their friendship and other BS.

IMHO, this is a kid pouting and if he did it on purpose in the last round, then he should start a club with Michael Schumacher.

Cheats United, or something like that...

Oh, btw, Marc's dad is a very outspoken dude and he'll probably flame me crispy for this one.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

ummm yeah i was there bro...like i said i have over 200 pics of it...it's funny even the associated guys who were standing behind me were commenting on how "coincidental" that tangle was....
Old 05-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
I don't know if you were there, but clearly Marc was the faster car in the last race. Marc was all over him the entire time. Marc made a few mistakes trying to pass, then end up giving ground to Hara, but would close in very easy it seemed to me. Hara pushed out alittle wide on the sweeper and Marc tried to sneak inside. Hara closed the door on him, but they taingled up. Marc and Hara are the cleanest racers I have ever seen.
Answer you cell phone fool!!! ...or are you to busy staring at ...oh never mind.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

it was also strange how when Marc's car broke...he calmly put down his transmitter on the rail...looked across the track at the marshalls who were trying to fix his car and smiled and motioned for them to just leave it alone and set it down then just kept smiling...that is not made up my buddy and i saw it with our own eyes.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is always some controversy in every event it seems. It's getting old if you ask me

The most entertaining person to watch is Rick Howhart. The man's been in the top ten (seemingly) of every race he's entered for the last 20 years. Way to go Rick.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi jon
ummm yeah i was there bro...like i said i have over 200 pics of it...it's funny even the associated guys who were standing behind me were commenting on how "coincidental" that tangle was....
I am sure there is a video of it so let's see it someone!

Like was said, Marc was faster in the last round and looked to pass a few times before the "incident". Maybe it was ill timed or poorly executed ( I guess he IS human after all). But this same thing happened at least 32 times (if you figure once per invite race), and probably at least double that.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
Reinhard's dad (who just signed up for RCTech today) stated on a German board, that Hara and Marc hab a gentlemen agreement, not to use new tires in on of the rounds.
When Hara was clearly faster in this round, Marc asumed that Hara had put new tires on despite the agreement and got majorly p.o.'d.

He was talking about the end of their friendship and other BS.

IMHO, this is a kid pouting and if he did it on purpose in the last round, then he should start a club with Michael Schumacher.

Cheats United, or something like that...

Oh, btw, Marc's dad is a very outspoken dude and he'll probably flame me crispy for this one.
He does not need to flame you. What you said is correct other than the fact that the agreement was broken.

Of course this is Marc's fault. We are not just friends racing around the parking lot. There is a lot of money at stake for drivers and sponsors. "Gentlemen's" agreements will not work and in my opinion should never be made.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

is there any results posted anywhere??????????/
Old 05-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

My question to you Rick is does anyone know for sure if Hara did indeed put a fresh set of tires on for that round? and if he did how was he not faster than Mark???? You agreed with a couple of others that Marc was faster in that round,how did he do it with a worn set of tires going against Hara who supposedly put on a fresh set
Old 05-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
I don't know if you were there, but clearly Marc was the faster car in the last race. Marc was all over him the entire time. Marc made a few mistakes trying to pass, then end up giving ground to Hara, but would close in very easy it seemed to me. Hara pushed out alittle wide on the sweeper and Marc tried to sneak inside. Hara closed the door on him, but they taingled up. Marc and Hara are the cleanest racers I have ever seen.
I was sitting at the end of the straight about 8 ft away and that's exactly how I saw it too. Marc was faster and Hara went a little wide and gave him an opening. It's too bad they tangled but that stuff happened all weekend. If Hara needed to win to take the outright, doesn't that mean that Marc needs to pass him to ensure he takes outright? He tried to get past cleanly, but dude...it's Hara. How many of you have made a clean pass on him? He's gotta be one of the top three racers in the world if not the top...that's not an easy thing to do especially with the championship on the line
Old 05-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hara was faster in that run. He drove a 12.9xx and also the other laps were 1-2 tenths faster then Marc.
You could watch it really well at liverc.com...

Cheers
Chris
Old 05-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigb11
is there any results posted anywhere??????????/

go to www.rcscoringpro.com. They have results and all times for every round
Old 05-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi jon
My question to you Rick is does anyone know for sure if Hara did indeed put a fresh set of tires on for that round? and if he did how was he not faster than Mark???? You agreed with a couple of others that Marc was faster in that round,how did he do it with a worn set of tires going against Hara who supposedly put on a fresh set
They both had used tires in the last round. It was for the previous head-to-head match-up.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
I was sitting at the end of the straight about 8 ft away and that's exactly how I saw it too. Marc was faster and Hara went a little wide and gave him an opening. It's too bad they tangled but that stuff happened all weekend. If Hara needed to win to take the outright, doesn't that mean that Marc needs to pass him to ensure he takes outright? He tried to get past cleanly, but dude...it's Hara. How many of you have made a clean pass on him? He's gotta be one of the top three racers in the world if not the top...that's not an easy thing to do especially with the championship on the line

NO...Marc didnt even finish the race...Hara did and Marc still won...thats kinda the whole "controversy" thing going on....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.