Search

2006 REEDY RACE

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Goo Teemu!! Any word on Pdub?
PW was running 3rd in Teemu's race behind Andy Moore but he crashed and finished further back. He was running down Teemu and Andy at the time as they were slowing each other down battling for 1st. I think he crashed trying to pass Andy.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Tim Potter,
Because he is a 17 year old hack. He is using someone's (in the surrounding area) unsecured wireless network which is why his connection sucks. He would rather steal someone's bandwidth than to pay for it like honest people do. He wants you to register on his site so he can inflate his membership count so his site looks like it is really huge. He has done this for years. If he post them where you don't have to register then it wont help increase his membership count.

Last edited by sammyh; 05-27-2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ouch
Old 05-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
ouch
ditto.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Initiate

there are 3 AE prototype but how many Kyosho? Who is running Kyosho in the invite class?
Old 05-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by therczone
Because the internet connection keeps cutting out on me, and I'm lucky to get them on my own site.

If you don't want the results, don't register.
I`ll wait, thank you...

will not have wait long either....
Old 05-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sammyh
Tim Potter,
Because he is a 17 year old hack. He is using someone's (in the surrounding area) unsecured wireless network which is why his connection sucks. He would rather steal someone's bandwidth than to pay for it like honest people do. He wants you to register on his site so he can inflate his membership count so his site looks like it is really huge. He has done this for years. If he post them where you don't have to register then it wont help increase his membership count.
Oh man , Sammyh you need to go back to grade school. Anyone can pay around $80 to get a device to picks up the an internet signal around them. The Governing organizations has ruled that this is not illegal, plus some states are building free wireless internet in certain locations. It seems that the "honest" people should do the smart thing and do what is considered not illegal. It is the american way . (If you can get a signal)
Old 05-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

easy there,fellas
Old 05-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Justin you left the door wide open today and your record was broken..
Old 05-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that's ok,I break it again in two weeks ,and good luck to brandon at the nat,I wish I could go and put it in the A ,caus i know I can
Old 05-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Did'nt mean to start things up... but it is annoying to have someone with a couple of posts, that clearly does not support this site, come on and try to draw visitors away. Only to make people register on another site. If you have the info, post it...
Old 05-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Did'nt mean to start things up... but it is annoying to have someone with a couple of posts, that clearly does not support this site, come on and try to draw visitors away. Only to make people register on another site. If you have the info, post it...
Old 05-27-2006, 04:41 PM
R/C Tech Founder

On the one hand, it's lame to bash somebody who is working hard to provide results and stuff basically for free. If it gets him hits on his site, that's fine, he's doing the work for it.

On the other hand, it is mildly annoying to see the numerous people who come here just to promote their site; if they are gonna force you to register there, stop posting here about it, since it's just a bait and switch.

Two cents from somebody who has spent a lot of hours doing race coverage like that.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:50 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Anyway, some race tidbits.

- Despite some earlier reports, invite class is as competitive as ever

- Many invite drivers running brushless, most popular seems to be Novak Velociti

- Kyosho there with prototype car, Josh is running well, Masami's father is there with the team

- Craig Drescher and Barry Baker are running the AE belt car; they asked for pics to be witheld and I'll respect that here. the car looks to be about 85% new, Craig was nice enough to give me the rundown of the whole thing, his car is made mostly of one-off white prototype pieces, aside from the standard AE steering blocks and hub carriers, shocks, and misc. hardware. Design is not terribly unusual but the bulkheads and suspension looks interesting, and definitely AE-like

- Some people said AE drivers weren't running well with the new car. Barry and Craig each won their first rounds going away, and Craig had round 2 won before his brushless locked up. Seems like it's working well to me.

- Mike Reedy was there this morning, albeit confined to a wheelchair. Hope he's doing alright

- Brian Kinwald is indeed back, looks well, and is driving just as fine as ever

- Scotty's full crew is here, meaning Jaime is running tech and it's working awesome, smoothest Reedy I've seen in a long time. Tyree and Jaime are acting as race officials, penalties are now being called off the mic which is nice for the drivers, less drama and keeps things fair

- Shameless self promotion: we hope to have a DVD done much sooner this year than last year's long wait, and the footage looks great so far.

Hope to have more later.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Hey, I am temporarily plugged into a hard wire. The internet is wacky because of the electronics in the area, the large hill right behind the track, and lots of metal in the area including a fence, a motorhome and the plate in Timmy Heisers head (couldn't resist, he is sitting here ripping on me).

We are going to try to run a 600' wire with a repeater tonight after the races.

Invite: Hara & Marc tied for 1st, then I think Josh Numan was 3rd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.