Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tub Cyclone `S`

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So I was looking to start a few drivetrain upgrades for my car, and was wondering...
I'm sure I'll upgrade the center pulleys and the diffs. Only I can't tell which way to go.
I'd like to get the front as a one-way, but it looks like I could either get a front one-way diff, or get the one-way pulley (I think).
How do the two options differ?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Just got my Cyclone S done. Easy build and seems to be a really great car, especially for $125! Anyway i just built right out of the box, including the shock oil. Anyone know what weight that is? Also what are you guys running for spur and pinion for 17.5. 80/60 sound about right?
Where did you get this car for $125? I have one, by the way, and it's a very capable car, despite the ugly black Plastic! The car will do any other will, and is well worth buying, for those considering buying one. I'm looking for another one!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jay272
Where did you get this car for $125? I have one, by the way, and it's a very capable car, despite the ugly black Plastic! The car will do any other will, and is well worth buying, for those considering buying one. I'm looking for another one!
Both Speedtech and Ultimate sell them for that. Obviously not the RTR but I did get the Mazda body. Shoot you figure 20 bucks each for the tires ad body that means $85 for the rest of th car! Havent had a chance to throw it on the track yet though. Hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hi Guys

Just wondering if you can tell me the difference between the plastic bearing holder numbers I have some that are 5 and 2. Which do you recommend? I did use the calipers and found the 2 was slightly smaller in it's inner width ie where it hugs the bearing. I really want to know the purpose of the various sizes. I would recommend anyone that has upgraded to alloy to go back to the plastic ones as they tighten the belts something horrid on the S especially the 3 racing ones and they were all number 2's Also, if anyone in Australia has some spare plastic ones they dont need please PM me as I'm trying to get some for the weekend.

Cheers
Adrian
Old 03-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Its the S chassis ok for 13,5 brushless racing on NiMH batts ?

Im thinking on use ezrun esc + speed passion 13,5 or team orion 13,5 motor,

thanks,

Pat
As suggested on here you may want to upgarde the c hubs and steering knuckles. you may not have to in 13.5, but i would replace the composite diff halfs with alum and get universals up front. you will most likely have binding when turning sharp with the stock dogbones.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Final Ratio?

Hi everyboby,
I have a question
If I would choice two different combinations pinion/spur to get the final ratio that I want, one with small pinion and big spur, and the other one with big pinion and small spur.
Which is better?
Or is it the same think?
Thanks in advance
PS I have on my cyclone s a gtb ss 10,5 brushless motor

Old 03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Arushmen
Hi everyboby,
I have a question
If I would choice two different combinations pinion/spur to get the final ratio that I want, one with small pinion and big spur, and the other one with big pinion and small spur.
Which is better?
Or is it the same think?
Thanks in advance
PS I have on my cyclone s a gtb ss 10,5 brushless motor

Hey man

The recommended FDR on the Novak 10.5 is 5.5, I know with the cyclone you cant really get much bigger than an 80 tooth spur, so maybe try and get a 70 spur and 28 pinion in 48 pitch of course which should give you an FDR of about 6 and either work up or down from there depending on heat etc.

Good luck.
Adrian
Old 04-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whats up fellow cyclone s owners,I'm new to this forum and just discovered this cyclone s tub threads which is great.If i have known about this i would have posted my thread on MIP cvd's wce edition.I just got a set of these for my cyclone s and needed to know if they need to installed on both front and back or just the front?And what +'s and -'s using cvd's as compared to the stock dog bones.I'm not sure if it matters to rc touring cars but i've heard that in the offroad scene a lot of guys switching back to dog bones because of more side bite and steering.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Angry

Well,just came in from a quick run after installing cvd's and still have a little front wheel chatter when steering,though a little less than the stock dog bones.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

It doesnt matter what car you run dude youll always have chatter. I run a front v2 spool in mine with the HB steel uni's in front and 3 racing alloy uni's in rear. I dont notice much chatter but its still there.

What class you runnin the car in?

Cheers
Adrian
Old 04-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vazzo
It doesnt matter what car you run dude youll always have chatter. I run a front v2 spool in mine with the HB steel uni's in front and 3 racing alloy uni's in rear. I dont notice much chatter but its still there.

What class you runnin the car in?

Cheers
Adrian
i'm running in the sportsman class.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:25 PM
YBR
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone,

I'm sorta new here but not to RC, I was thinking about getting one of these cars for some parking lot spec racing and was wondering if the included spur was 48p or 64p? Also the Mazda body included in the kit is it already painted?

Thanks for your time.

Phil
Old 04-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YBR
Hello everyone,

I'm sorta new here but not to RC, I was thinking about getting one of these cars for some parking lot spec racing and was wondering if the included spur was 48p or 64p? Also the Mazda body included in the kit is it already painted?

Thanks for your time.

Phil
not sure about the body but it comes with 64 pitch.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys,

Just bought on ebay a Cyclone S hopped up with this :

- Threaded Aluminum shock Set (4),
- Hi Traction Arm Set (4),
- Purple Aluminum CVD Set (4)
- Purple Aluminum upper and Lower Bulkhead Rear,
- Aluminum Front Lower Bulkhead,
- Purple Brushless Aluminum Motor Mount and
- Purple Aluminum Brace,
- Blue Metal Spur Gear Mount,
- Metal 18 Tooth Pulley's (2) (One Way Pulley Include with shaft on the car), - 2 In One Front Spool/One way Diff,
- Rear Pro Spec race Ball diff w/ 3MM Carbide Balls,
- Purple Aluminum servo saver steering rack,
- Purple Front Rear and rear A-Arm Mount 2.0 Degree,
- Also New in package Protoform Mazda Speed 6 Body Unpainted.

- Car has never been ran

Pics :

... what do you think ? ... will be used for 13.5 brushless racing, wich pinion you recommend ? (what pitch ?)

thanks,

Pat
Old 04-07-2009, 06:09 PM
YBR
Tech Rookie

Thanksfor the info!!! Any must haves for this car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.