Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tub Cyclone `S`

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've been thinking about these... do they have some in stock?
Old 10-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I guess my only question, with the 'S', is at what point do you end up spending so much on upgrades to make it a full-on racer that you end up matching or exceeding the cost of the regular kit? don't get me wrong I was ready to buy one (untill I found a deal on a graphite version) but I still kinda' wonder. One thing I do like, is that if the plastic tub is in fact a interchangeable part without any mods, I could always put one on the car if I decide to stop racing and just want to have fun, or go drifting, ect. Once I got a cyclone I saw no reason to buy another car it's a good one.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Cyclone S

Does the "S" tub not offer better flex as opposed to the graphite racer?

Anyone hopped an "S" using the cheaper 3 Racing parts and what is the verdict?
Old 10-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Some asian dude on another forum used 3 racing parts for his Cyclone and said that the aluminum, while they claim it to be 7075, it bent rather easily. His english was a bit choppy, but from the jist of it, he said that if it is a part that will receive alot of stress, think twice. That being said, the flex factor is totally different from tub to woven. You get a little bit of flex with the woven, but the tub chassis is noticeably heavier. You can counteract flex with sway bars and spring tension, but the weight...get the main chassis in woven graphite!

From titanium racing, I bought mine and is coming via Royal airmail (there USPS). They respond to emails and while you pay a few more pennies, they have an active "in stock" counter. When I bought mine and went through the payment process, I noticed that the counter did lessen..indicating that at least their software is up to snuff.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Cyclone S

Thanks bxpitbull! What I did notice upon examining the 3 Racing components are that they are just aluminum parts of the "S" parts. They don't look like the HB hopups! Who else besides Titanium has graphite chassis and top brace?
Old 10-23-2006, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

oh damn and i just ordered a 3 racing motor mount for my cyclone oh well only $17us
Old 10-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I got my woven chassis and upper chassis from horizon hobby. A few sheckles more, but oh well, they are the official hotbodies stuff. Not saying aftermarket stuff is not up to snuff, but.....
Check this months Car Action, looks like 3racing is building their own CYCLONE! Now, anyone that has seen me in other threads know I am a stickler for proper english (most of the time). Understanding that they are an overseas company, their chopping of the english language makes me nervous. But hey, time will tell. Anyone who has purchased anything from them, keep us posted.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

What I did notice upon examining the 3 Racing components are that they are just aluminum parts of the "S" parts.
This is somewhat true but most are the same as the Cyclone parts with the upper bulkheads being an exception.

Who else besides Titanium has graphite chassis and top brace?
Did you mean 3racing? I don't think Titanium has a chassis. Anyway the only ones that I have seen are 3racing and BMI. I think the BMI is probably thicker and your ticket for foam carpet. Anyone know the thickness of the 3 racing chassis? You can also go the Hot Bodies chassis route... depends on what kind of racing you are doing.

Last edited by padailey; 10-23-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Send me an IM and I will reply with my contacts email address. Ensure that you mention me so he knows where the email came from. And no, I am not getting a kickback. I am paying $31 dollars a set just like everyone else. He will start milling the parts on Friday.
I just tried to order the diffs from T1R and they were almost $38 shipped. Did the exchange rate bite me or ???????????
Old 10-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wagonman72
This is just the shaft only. What axle do I use with it?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

Some of you might already know about this issue. I found out the hard way. I was surfing around and found it on HB's site.

http://www.hbeurope.com/manuals/kit_...hock_Build.pdf
Old 10-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by padailey
This is somewhat true but most are the same as the Cyclone parts with the upper bulkheads being an exception.

Did you mean 3racing? I don't think Titanium has a chassis. Anyway the only ones that I have seen are 3racing and BMI. I think the BMI is probably thicker and your ticket for foam carpet. Anyone know the thickness of the 3 racing chassis? You can also go the Hot Bodies chassis route... depends on what kind of racing you are doing.
I like the black 3 racing chassis. It's cheap too. I am wondering how it looks when you get it all mounted it up. One complaint I have is that all the chassis supports are purple. I have gone blue with all my upgrades. Also, I wish they had the battery strap like they do with the TC4.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigair78
This is just the shaft only. What axle do I use with it?
Nope. 61403 = Universal Drive Shaft Ste (Ver.2/Black/2pcs.)
It is 1 complete pair of driveshafts including everything (bones, axels, universals, pins, setscrews) they are unassembled and of course version 2.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

I took a look at the 3 Racing website, the parts I like the most are the shock towers and the aluminum center brace. Nice looking stuff.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm in the process of making my S into a 3R edition.

I've ordered all the following bits from Dinball (both the shop and ebay store), and just waiting for a couple of bits to arrive:

FR Purple Pivot
RF Purple Pivot
Carbon lower deck
Carbon upper deck

already here and fitted:

Alloy lower bulks F & R
Alloy S upper bulks F & R
Alloy motor mount L & R
CVD's F & R

Next on the list:

carbon towers
alloy diff halves
all the complete graphite corners from a Pro 4
FF & RR HPI Pivots
Pro 4 shocks

Then I'll be happy, and it'll still be cheaper than a black Cyclone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.