Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
so whatever happened to the IP cells dominating the electric market hype? >

so whatever happened to the IP cells dominating the electric market hype?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

so whatever happened to the IP cells dominating the electric market hype?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Uh....

Chris Tosolini switches from IP packs to IB packs.....and wins a national title.

Enough said....

Sorry, but I have ran them before and they just don't run like the IB.....they are better than the Gp3700 though...

And EA matches his own packs......the only thing SMC ever did was zap them....

My company runs whats fast.....plain and simple. I have no loyalty to any one product. Whatever is fast that weekend, is what we run. All my vendors know this and they respect my decision. My drivers love it because they don't have to run a certain motor/battery. They get to run what they like and win....

Right now....the IB is what wins.

Later EddieO
Old 05-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Uh....

Chris Tosolini switches from IP packs to IB packs.....and wins a national title.

Enough said....

Sorry, but I have ran them before and they just don't run like the IB.....they are better than the Gp3700 though...

And EA matches his own packs......the only thing SMC ever did was zap them....

My company runs whats fast.....plain and simple. I have no loyalty to any one product. Whatever is fast that weekend, is what we run. All my vendors know this and they respect my decision. My drivers love it because they don't have to run a certain motor/battery. They get to run what they like and win....

Right now....the IB is what wins.

Later EddieO
End of story. The results do speak for themselves.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby J
With the Reedy race coming up the IPs will have tuff competition up against the IBs ...Look out for factory drivers E.J. Evans, Kevin Jelic and Charlie Albrecht to bring it AGAIN this year being the only two guys running them in 19 ...Kevin will be running open mod, good luck to all the Pole Position drivers ..IPs will be there will you..?
Hahahahahah......NO FAIR!!! You guys would "Bring it" if you were running 2400s.....LMAO!!!!!!

Personally I think you would be FASTER if you ran the IBs. LOL

Just playin'

L8
Old 05-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Why can't race times be increased to 8 minutes or so? Seems like it would be fun having longer races, which would be a win win for everyone.

I don't agree that "Longer" race times will make for any more of a BATTERY WAR than we already have. Guys always cry "Battery war", but in reality we have just the same battery war because of all the DIFFERENT cell development.

I do agree that "Longer" race times WILL increase the amount of time it takes to hold an event. Thus, if we run LONGER Mains, we may have to run FEWER qualifyers at Big events...or SHORTER ones. (Growing up in FULL scale racing...I never understood Qualifying Heats and Main Events being run at the same length anyway)

We increased our OVAL classes to 5 minutes in ALL classes for '06, depending on HOW FAR the battery technology increases by December '06, we may add another full minute to the MAINS for '07
Old 05-06-2006, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
You mention that if SMC were to offer a larger cell it would be legal???? Are you implying that we somehow have the influence to bend the rules? How about this one...when the IP came out it was a 3600( Grepow 3600)badged as a 3800. Now, the same IP3800 has about 4300-4400Mah capacity. Is this fair? At least IB and GP came out with new cells. I'm sure all of the IP supporters LOVE the cell- it's a 4300 in 3800 shrink! And WE bend the rules????

I wasnt implying anything twoards SMC.. I was saying if SMC had a larger cell like the size of the IP's, i dont think they would be banned due to size.. I wasnt saying SMC has pull to change rulls..