Like Tree22Likes

WGTR 2024

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Wow....Lots of rules here....
Like I said, these aren't new rules, just a new thread with the rules repeated. Most of the info is on the tires and what you can't do to them. That came along a couple of years ago when a few decided to get very aggressive with scuffing them (almost grooving them). But all of that was written by Dumper and I thank him for that.
Old 05-20-2024, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Smooth vs Scuffed...Is the difference due to the scuffed being broken in from the start rather than after a few laps ???
Old 05-20-2024, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Smooth vs Scuffed...Is the difference due to the scuffed being broken in from the start rather than after a few laps ???
The oval crowd was scuffing the tires that left grooves or even cross hatching on the surface of the rubber. If you run the tires only on carpet, there is a distinctive wear patter where the tire stays smooth. They do not want crazy tire prep happening in the class. There was also talk of double stuffing foam in the rear tire. That also caused a rule change as you are no longer allowed to buy unglued tires and rims. They must be glued at the factory. On road racers are experts at killing classes.
nik77356, old_dude and angrymelon like this.