HPI Sprint ---- car will not go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Sprint ---- car will not go?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HPI Sprint ---- car will not go?

i just got an hpi sprint.. i charged a 2400 battery for 2 hours w/ a 2-3 hour wall charger. i turned on the transmitter/controller, then plugged the battery up to the ESC. the green LED light on the ESC lights up but its blinking. the car will not go unless i put the antenna right next to the car but then it will just budge forward for 1 sec then stop. what is the prob? please help.
Old 12-25-2002, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Have you fresh batteries in your transmitter? Do the steering servo work properly? Have you done the setup routine for your ESC? Have you double checked your wiring?
Old 12-25-2002, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

fresh batteries. how do i check the servo and how do i setup the ESC? i just pulled it out of the box.. glued up the tires which is all i needed to do according to the directions. i put the battery in and it`s doing the above.
Old 12-25-2002, 02:47 PM
Tech Rookie

i think it`s fried. i tried it again w/ the body off this time to look at what was going on .. and there are blue sparks and stuff flying out of the engine. i`m taking this as a bad sign ... and i should just swap this car for a new one?
Old 12-25-2002, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wow,
Blue sparks and stuff !!! Nope, not a good sign. Is this a brand new car ?? If you see sparks that must mean the motor is running....correct?? Where are the instructions and have you read them ??
Old 12-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Tech Rookie

it`s a RTR car.. all i needed to do was glue up the tires and then charge the battery. i have read the instructions and they have no useful info about the problem since it`s a RTR car. im going to take it back tomorrow and swap it for a new one.
Old 12-25-2002, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i had similar (not exactly ) problems like these:
if the car just spurts and stops it's bcos ur throttle trim is too high.switch on ur transmitter 1st b4 the car.after that disconnect the motor and run the esc setup.also try another radio set(transmitter and receiver)if u can.But best is go to ur LHS and show some fury
hehe just joking.hope this helps
Merry christmas
Old 12-25-2002, 07:20 PM
Tech Rookie

my ESC did not come w/ any instructions how will i run a setup? the ESC is a Nosram tomahawk w/ reverse.
Old 12-25-2002, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Stay on line for a bit, I'm gonna look for some esc instructions...I'll get right back to you.
Old 12-25-2002, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

I'm striking out with the instructions...the Nosram website www.nosram.com doesn't offer any downloads. It appears this is a one touch setup so we can try the "usual" method. I can talk you through it if you want??
Old 12-25-2002, 09:10 PM
Tech Rookie

if you could email me the directions that would be good. [email protected]

i might take it all back tomorrow and just get it replaced w/ a brand new package. where would the setup button be i have looked at it and do not see anything. i guess i need to take it off and pull it apart to find it? thanks i appreciate it.

Last edited by theclockstrikes; 12-25-2002 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Try this the Nosram speedos look alot like LRP pieces so I think you actually have an LRP F-1 reverse.... so this manual for the runner lus should work..... runner plus manual

good luck!!!!
Old 12-26-2002, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

The tomahawk is in fact a runner in a different suit - so that manual will be exactly what's needed (thing is, i wouldn't expect the RTR to come with LRP's little setting screwdriver...)
Old 12-28-2002, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by theclockstrikes
i think it`s fried. i tried it again w/ the body off this time to look at what was going on .. and there are blue sparks and stuff flying out of the engine. i`m taking this as a bad sign ... and i should just swap this car for a new one?

Blue Light= a good sign. Blue sparks...well, the blue lighting up means your brushes are making contact with the commutator. It happens to everyones motors. Thats not the problem.

You might have a brush hanging up, providing it an open enbell motor
Old 12-28-2002, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well if you have blue sparks coming from your ENGINE on your rtr ELECTRIC car maybe you should take out teh ENGINE and put an ELECTRIC MOTOR in!!!! LOL Just picking, alot of guys call their nitro engines---- motors......